Transfer rumours

11 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I'm not sure he's going to Birmingham tbh. Their version of SECornerRam doesn't even think they're in for him.

I think Wednesday were the other club said to be a frontrunner.

Weds manager has quickly established an excellent reputation tbf and performed near enough a miracle last season. I'd sign for them ahead of Derby.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 minute ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Weds manager has quickly established an excellent reputation tbf and performed near enough a miracle last season. I'd sign for them ahead of Derby.

Definitely. Good time to join them if they can carry it on into this season.

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Without going over old ground, we didn’t get into trouble by overspending on young players.

We got into trouble by overspending on old players with no re-sale value.

£4mill for a 20-year-old isn’t that much when spread over 10 years.

£6mill on a 28-year-old Bradley Johnson was just sheer stupidity. 

I remember us spending £4m on Lee Morris - didn’t bring anything to the table whatsoever.  The return was a loss of £4m and no improvement to the first team.

I agree that throwing money on players who are older doesn’t make sense, but the return in value of Bradley Johnson was greater than Morris’ contribution.

The same season we signed Lee Morris we signed Seth Johnson for roughly the same price. 

The problem isn't spending £4m.

The problem is spending it on the wrong player.

The most valuable people in football are the ones who can find the right player. 

You can't do football on the cheap any more. But you can easily waste a lot of money. 

12 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Middlesbrough have bought 20 year old attacker Micah Hamilton from Man City for around £4 mill. Pep has played him in the Champions League and he has scored . Boro are a mid- table team with a mid- table budget . Can we expect anything similar ? 

Anyone who thinks we have that kind of money to spend on one player is totally deluded.

This crap about what a competitive budget actually means is beginning to rear it's ugly head again. 

It seems it will be etched into David Clowes epitaph by some fans on here. 

The goalkeeper will be here next week so that's one.

Then for me we need a centre back, a striker, a number 10, another winger and a left back.

We said we wanted 12 and we've signed 6. 

Clowes said we had a competitive budget. Which was said before we had the £2.7 million from the Kelleyman, Delap and Bogle sell ons.

That money has been spent on Zetterstrom, Goudmijn and Adams.

Clowes also said he was excited by what was to come. Watching that as a fan last night he will know how much we need strengthening.

Whilst I'm not expecting us or wanting us to be spending millions on a player. A competitive championship budget to me is a mid tableish budget.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Paul keeps having zoom calls with players who then don't sign, maybe we need to cut out the zoom call step of the process?

A good old face to face chat where Paul can show them the coffee machine he had installed.

We just aren't prepared to pay up is the vibe i'm getting, which is fine if we want to be super sensible but the cash on offer to stay in the Champ really should be considered because the gap is only getting larger.

17 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Maybe Warne doesn’t actually have much pull for a player. Who wants to join a club where it’s hoof ball all the time and playing for 1-0 wins or draws? 

Oh but he’s a nice guy and quite funny 

We quite literally scored 2 goals yesterday.