Transfer rumours

8 hours ago, Matchday Fred said:

When it comes to player selection I’d take Peter Taylor over Mo Bobat any day. A picture paints a thousand words so watching a player and backing your intuition always trumps endless data analysis. And it doesn’t matter so much if your selection pool is limited to free agents and loans. In theory Derby should be able to compete with most clubs apart from those on parachute payments, but it doesn’t feel like it at the moment.

We may yet be pleasantly surprised if the powder has been kept dry rather than the panic we see at other places.

I disagree. Benton at Brentford broke this idea down. You use data markers to identify players you wouldn’t originally have gone to scout - ie hidden gems in poor teams or divisions and then the eye test comes afterwards. 

9 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

According to that Percy article, the sell on fees we received have covered the signings we’ve brought in (obviously there’s other costs too, wages etc).

In which case I would find it odd if we weren’t to/can’t make any more permanent signings. There must have been some budget before those fees. Unless we’re running a much tighter ship than we realise.

Good Prem loans will probably involve fees as well to be fair, and it sounds like we're after two or three

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I disagree. Benton at Brentford broke this idea down. You use data markers to identify players you wouldn’t originally have gone to scout - ie hidden gems in poor teams or divisions and then the eye test comes afterwards. 

How does Mo Bobat data markers work when it comes to Warne's 'how good a chap is he' criteria? Criminal record, CCJs, social media preferences?

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How does Mo Bobat data markers work when it comes to Warne's 'how good a chap is he' criteria? Criminal record, CCJs, social media preferences?

I would imagine they have an algorithm that captures any such information that is available via the internet

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The statistical analysis will help create a shortlist. That shortlist will then be reviewed based on finances and 'good chap' attributes.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I suspect it doesn’t - they focus on the raw data and take emotion and anecdotal evidence out of it and then let the recruitment and management team make their judgements based on character etc. 

10 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

According to that Percy article, the sell on fees we received have covered the signings we’ve brought in (obviously there’s other costs too, wages etc).

In which case I would find it odd if we weren’t to/can’t make any more permanent signings. There must have been some budget before those fees. Unless we’re running a much tighter ship than we realise.

Well compared to the rest of the division in terms purchases and summer sales we are one of the biggest spenders in the championship at this point 

DET confirming today that we wanted Willum Willumsson who ended up joining  Birmingham for 2.5m.

He is an Icelandic attacking mid, so maybe it was him we wanted not the lad who went to Preston....or maybe it was both!

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

DET confirming today that we wanted Willum Willumsson who ended up joining  Birmingham for 2.5m.

He is an Icelandic attacking mid, so maybe it was him we wanted not the lad who went to Preston....or maybe it was both!

Sounds like a good Yorkshire man 

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Sounds like a good Yorkshire man 

Is it Bills lad.

40 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Birmingham are in a right spot of bother if they do not go up aren't they

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We'll be in a right spot of bother if we don't get more goals from midfield.  

Good job Warne has said we need goals from midfield and wants to sign a creative number 8/10 isn't it.

Kenzo will score tonight anyway.

50 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I'd want a more complete midfielder for £2.5m (Transfermarkt have it at £3.5m). He doesn't really excel in many areas you'd want him to.

Compared with CM/AMs:
image.png.49a1ae798bb23e3437aca491e30a069f.png

Compared with AMs and wingers:
image.png.e0eb737bb4abc842c2b9afbad56e0389.png

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good job Warne has said we need goals from midfield and wants to sign a creative number 8/10 isn't it.

Kenzo will score tonight anyway.

I'm hearing this alot .  Wanting and buying are different things.  If we were in doubt going into the season, we should have offered Sibley more time in his position.  We have two players in Adams and Ozoh who play the same position and a goalie who'll never play. We have a dearth of strikers adequate at this level.  More should have been done in over 3 months and the season starts tonight.