Transfer rumours

29 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

107 games and 22 goals at one of the best clubs in England / Europe playing mostly off the bench.  I honestly can’t see it happening but only a Derby supporter would pick faults and moan about it if it did 🙄

I'm sure he'd be ok against Blackburn.  Those goals were a long time ago however, in a galaxy far far away

25 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

We have pretty much used it on Kenzo, Adams & Zetterstrom. However, with it being additional income you would hope we still have most of our original transfer budget still to spend. Dembele would cost a fee if we are going to buy him rather than loan.

40 minutes ago, Srg said:

Seen Tyrese Campbell signing for Sheff Utd. They're signing anything that moves now.

Genuinely would have been a bit meh if we had signed him. Would have backed the lad. But 3 goals an an injury hit season last season.

Dread to think how much Sheff Utd are paying him.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Genuinely would have been a bit meh if we had signed him. Would have backed the lad. But 3 goals an an injury hit season last season.

Dread to think how much Sheff Utd are paying him.

Replacement for Osula who has 2 league goals in 44 games to his name. £15m is insane. 

£15m for Osula is madness. Reckless, irresponsible madness. 

Tyrese Campbell looks excellent but, as with John-Jules, you can't justify good money and/or wages on somebody whose history suggests they aren't available for many games each season. 

2 hours ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

Seems like the Zetterstrom deal has been in the offing for a long time now, so I'd assume it was decided before these payments were a reported a couple of weeks back. If that's the case, then perhaps a fee for Dembele, or similar might be feasible as well as a couple of Premiership loans. We might even be in the market for a permanent signing to bolster our CB options, preferably a lad who has scope to improve and a turn of foot.

I'd hope we'll also hold a little back for the January window, where we might need to strengthen further. Whatever way we look at it, it was a really pleasant surprise and £2.7M is a fair bit more than some estimates I read. Might our luck be changing? 🙏

Stephen Pearce on Radio Derby when pressed by Dom Dietrich with the name Zetterström said “yeah”, then used a similar line Warne did the other day and said words along the lines of  “it wouldn’t be right for us to talk about another club’s player despite it being spoken about over the water, we’re exploring a number of options” Dom asked if they’re confident of getting the number one target and Pearce said “yes”.
He then spoke about how the club wanted to get permanent deals tied up early in the window and we’re now waiting on loans, with PL teams holding the cards at the moment.
So no real insight beyond what we’ve already heard.

The overall interview with Mo Bobat and Pearce was an interesting listen, here’s the link if anyone wants to give it a listen, recruitment chat is towards the end;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0jhbrx2?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

50 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Stephen Pearce on Radio Derby when pressed by Dom Dietrich with the name Zetterström said “yeah”, then used a similar line Warne did the other day and said words along the lines of  “it wouldn’t be right for us to talk about another club’s player despite it being spoken about over the water, we’re exploring a number of options” Dom asked if they’re confident of getting the number one target and Pearce said “yes”.
He then spoke about how the club wanted to get permanent deals tied up early in the window and we’re now waiting on loans, with PL teams holding the cards at the moment.
So no real insight beyond what we’ve already heard.

The overall interview with Mo Bobat and Pearce was an interesting listen, here’s the link if anyone wants to give it a listen, recruitment chat is towards the end;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0jhbrx2?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

I listened to a two minute clip of Mo Bobat and couldn’t work out a single thing he was bringing to the table.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I listened to a two minute clip of Mo Bobat and couldn’t work out a single thing he was bringing to the table.

Having listened to the whole thing it sounds as though him and Ed Smith are heading up what should be an innovative data driven approach to almost all aspects of the football side of the club. There was mention of player recruitment and retention, performance on the pitch, medical/recovery/sports science, academy recruitment and succession planning into the first team set up. Some sort of exclusive deal with a reputable data company in which their software will help the club analyse the data further.

I’m a fairly simple bloke when it comes to data analysis, I’m one of these weirdos who works with people and emotions and relationships and the like. But I appreciate data can be used to inform decisions and strategy, that sounds to me what their role is at the club with the intent of finding ways to deliver competitive advantages. 

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Having listened to the whole thing it sounds as though him and Ed Smith are heading up what should be an innovative data driven approach to almost all aspects of the football side of the club. There was mention of player recruitment and retention, performance on the pitch, medical/recovery/sports science, academy recruitment and succession planning into the first team set up. Some sort of exclusive deal with a reputable data company in which their software will help the club analyse the data further.

I’m a fairly simple bloke when it comes to data analysis, I’m one of these weirdos who works with people and emotions and relationships and the like. But I appreciate data can be used to inform decisions and strategy, that sounds to me what their role is at the club with the intent of finding ways to deliver competitive advantages. 

Silly me I put the original RD Dom tweet in the 'Sporting Intelligence Unit' thread, that is all about Mo & mate. 🙂

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Surely we aren't done on permanent signings (?)

Quite a few good freebies available I'd have here eg Norwood, Egan, Connolly...

Norwood is apparently training with Stockport. I'd sign him as an experienced squad option, but he may want more regular gane time or a move closer to home (Burnley).

Egan was linked with Forest and Everton at the start of the window. I can't imagine him fitting within our wage structure.

Connolly is a bit of a bad egg. He'd be an improvement on what we currently have, but I think we need to get a better all-round forward.

I know loans can be a source of very good quality, especially if you’re willing to invest, but does scratch my head that Mo is talking about taking a long-term view on signings, avoiding short-term pitfalls, and yet it sounds like we’re going to spend a chunk of our budget on loan players/wages. 

My takeaway: I think the new plan is that we are genuinely looking to the loan market to plug a big quality gap to avoid relegation.