Transfer rumours

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Have to anticipate maybe 3 of those will be loans?

Yeah and these will likely be late in the window. If people think we'll sign 8 players in the next 3-4 weeks then I think they're in for a disappointment!

The priority should be to get a GK & Ebou ASAP and then go from there.

8 seems quite dramatic to me 🤔 he must be anticipating some outgoings because we’d have an awful lot of players if we just signed 8 more 

24 minutes ago, Jram said:

8 seems quite dramatic to me 🤔 he must be anticipating some outgoings because we’d have an awful lot of players if we just signed 8 more 

He did basically say some will be going too. How many of those are periphery youngsters or what, we don't know.

59 minutes ago, Jram said:

We are still down by 6 first team players (10 left the club, only 4 have come in) to last season & with having more people on the bench in the Champ having an additional 2 players in the squad makes sense. If more then leave id say they need replacing too so 8 would be if none left imo.

Of the 8 i think at least 4 will be loans.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Jram said:

When you look at it player for player it’s not that dramatic overall

Wildsmith - New No.1

Loach - Potentially replaced with a No.3

Smith - Kenzo 

Sibley - Osborn 

Hourihane - New CM

Bird - New CM

Ebou - Ebou 

TJJ - Kayden Jackson

Gayle - Yates 

Waghorn - Another new striker

That’s 10 of the potential 12 and then we need another centre back in my opinion and then another centre mid for extra cover or LWB depending on Osborns preferred role.

1 hour ago, Jram said:

GK: New, Vickers, New, JThompson
RCB: Nelson, Nyambe, Rooney
CB: New, Bradley
LCB: Cashin, Forsyth
RWB: Wilson, Ward
LWB: Osborn, Elder
RCM: New, Goudmijn, Thompson
LCM: NewAdams, Fornah
RF: New, Jackson, Barkhuizen
LF: Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, Washington
CF: New, Yates, Collins, DBrown

Seems fairly realistic to me. Potentially, we could sell/loan Barkhuizen/Washington to sign another attacker too

Elken Baggot being linked to us by Footballleagueworld who I think are pretty reliable. If it’s a permanent it’s a great addition for the future. He’s a 6 foot 5 21 year old centre back from Ipswich with 1 year left on his contract. Is left footed so probably will play in the middle or left of a back three. 

An Indonesian international who played 4 times last year for Ipswich before heading on loan to Bristol Rovers where he played 14 games getting 1 goal and 1 assist. 

Reading some Bristol Rovers fans tweets they’d all love him to go back so he obviously impressed in his 14 games there. I hope it’s a permanent and not a loan though. 

Edited by Eoghan1884

7 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Elken Baggot being linked to us by Footballleagueworld who I think are pretty reliable. If it’s a permanent it’s a great addition for the future. He’s a 6 foot 5 21 year old centre back from Ipswich with 1 year left on his contract. Is left footed so probably will play in the middle or left of a back three. 

An Indonesian international who played 4 times last year for Ipswich before heading on loan to Bristol Rovers where he played 14 games getting 1 goal and 1 assist. 

Reading some Bristol Rovers fans tweets they’d all love him to go back so he obviously impressed in his 14 games there. I hope it’s a permanent and not a loan though. 

Where have you seen this?

"I think our frontline is okay, but we can always strengthen that again, our defensive line is okay, but needs strengthening, we need a goalkeeper or two and need probably three or four midfielders."

Two keepers, a CB, 4 midfielders, and a forward.

I'm guessing from that number that we'll see a couple of players go out on loan, or leave.
Brown & Fornah seem likely candidates for loans, Washington and Barks maybe to go, depending on who comes in.
Could Vickers go? Wouldn't blame him if he could get starts elsewhere.

Hopefully we'll confirm Ebou today, and a decent keeper soon, then it's only 6 more...

It wouldn't surprise me if we see a situation similar to Nyambe's singing last season: as the window drags on towards September, persuading a decent free agent that we're his best option.

26 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMO, no more than one of the plethora of clickbait sites who a) make stuff up (they'd call it speculation or thinking out loud) in the form of players we cudda/shudda/wudda sign b) make stuff up in the form of players we cudda/shudda/wudda let go c) copy stuff from elsewhere and reword it d) copy stuff from the club website and reword it.

What they are good at, as are all their "compatriots" is creating enticing "come and read me" headlines which get people to click on the link and thereby generate advertising revenue. To me, they are all the same, merely putting multiple stories online every day in order to make a buck from ads. I occasionally click on one of those sites accidentally but do my level best to avoid them like the plague. If people on forums and elsewhere such as FB or X were to post a precis of the content and add in FLW, DC dot NEWS or wherever as the source, they'd all disappear inside a month due to their advertising revenue drying up. You will have gathered that I don't like these "news" sites and you'd be right. 

23 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

IMO, no more than one of the plethora of clickbait sites who a) make stuff up (they'd call it speculation or thinking out loud) in the form of players we cudda/shudda/wudda sign b) make stuff up in the form of players we cudda/shudda/wudda let go c) copy stuff from elsewhere and reword it d) copy stuff from the club website and reword it.

What they are good at, as are all their "compatriots" is creating enticing "come and read me" headlines which get people to click on the link and thereby generate advertising revenue. To me, they are all the same, merely putting multiple stories online every day in order to make a buck from ads. I occasionally click on one of those sites accidentally but do my level best to avoid them like the plague. If people on forums and elsewhere such as FB or X were to post a precis of the content and add in FLW, DC dot NEWS or wherever as the source, they'd all disappear inside a month due to their advertising revenue drying up. You will have gathered that I don't like these "news" sites and you'd be right. 

To be fair this is them translating and relaying links coming out of Indonesian football media. So could well have something in it. Not saying they’re the best source but certainly not the worst.