Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_4656.thumb.jpeg.9a6de74be6d3f0e5476c2b33f1a5a777.jpeg
He was a winger when he went viral for coming through so young at Celtic, but as seen attacking midfield is his best position. As Warne openly said on Talksport he loves singing players who can play a few positions and roles in multiple systems so I think this signing would make a lot of sense based off that.

OK, so he can do mornings, but what's he like on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke?

5 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I suspect we have probably got some deals done - not ITK by the way!!  Earlier this week someone posted that the way we work now is to only announce deals when they’re registered.  CBT was used as an example where he’d been photographed in the kit 3 or 4 days before any announcement.  Think back to last Summer, Vickers, for example, was announced on 20th June but his Rams TV interview was done before his honeymoon in May.

I think it’s part of us, as a fan base, still adjusting to the more measured approach under DC’s ownership.

Jesus just realised it was only last summer Vickers was on his honeymoon and by half way into the season he’d lost his wife. What an awful year he’s had. 

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

players who can play a few positions and roles in multiple systems

This is the important part, mostly for any wingers, AMs and forwards we target. Even if we stick with 3 at the back, we'll alternate between a 3412 (AM and 2 CFs) and a 3421 system (2 wingers/AMs and a CF). You could add 352 or the occasional 4231 to the mix too

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Did you not see the Blackpool (H) game at the end of March? That's where most of us saw him play as a #10, as we had Ebou specifically man-mark him out the game as he was easily their biggest threat. Their lineup that day:image.png.f9daf39fbb9422c2b46e87a0d6bff7f7.png

Was at the game and didn’t notice him . Marked out the game by a 28 year old that has only managed 11 games in the Championship and played mostly for FGR . Possibly better on the wing ?

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Was at the game and didn’t notice him . Marked out the game by a 28 year old that has only managed 11 games in the Championship and played mostly for FGR . Possibly better on the wing ?

Don't you dare speak about my boy Ebou like that!

Joking aside, I thought we did a good job of nullifying him, but it was clear the talent was there. Combine that with his age, and the stats that prove he has end product, and I reckon this would be pretty exciting signing.

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_4656.thumb.jpeg.9a6de74be6d3f0e5476c2b33f1a5a777.jpeg
He was a winger when he went viral for coming through so young at Celtic, but as seen attacking midfield is his best position. As Warne openly said on Talksport he loves singing players who can play a few positions and roles in multiple systems so I think this signing would make a lot of sense based off that.

I'd imagine they would after a victory!

37 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Don't you dare speak about my boy Ebou like that!

Joking aside, I thought we did a good job of nullifying him, but it was clear the talent was there. Combine that with his age, and the stats that prove he has end product, and I reckon this would be pretty exciting signing.

Thought Adams made a massive difference to our midfield when he came . We were desperate for a tackler and he got us over the line . However let’s not pretend he is Declan Rice . We are offering £300k for him as he is unproven at Championship level , where players can tackle and play football. Not sure on this midfield/ winger lad . Is he another CBT ?

39 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Thought Adams made a massive difference to our midfield when he came . We were desperate for a tackler and he got us over the line . However let’s not pretend he is Declan Rice . We are offering £300k for him as he is unproven at Championship level , where players can tackle and play football. Not sure on this midfield/ winger lad . Is he another CBT ?

Totally get you, I just enjoy the Ebou love-in haha. That type of midfielder can usually transition up a level better than a playmaker though as crunching someone is fairly similar at all levels, where the skill needed to excel on the ball is a bigger change. 

Midfield balance is going to be essential next season. For the longest time we lacked a proper defensive midfielder, now we may finally have one in Adams, we're ironically lacking a playmaker- I think Bobby Clark could be good foil for Ebou maybe?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Agree totally, Northampton was the turning point, when Warne through critism finally dropped CH and he did not start another game, if he had then doubt if we would have been promoted. Adams made the difference for promotion.

Apparently Warne’s spoken to Dembele (maybe one of those he alluded to on his talksport interview?) 

He’s wanted by a few, incl. Sheff Weds & Watford. If we want him permanently it’d take up a sizeable amount of our transfer budget (atleast £500,000 - £1m)

To me it’s a no brainer he’s a young lad coming off a bright season and could be a very good investment.