Transfer rumours

20 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

he scored 0 goals in 41 games for Reims in France!

That's why looking at minutes is important, he only played the equivalent of 10 games. Still not a great record, but 962 minutes vs 3690 mins is a huge difference.

Just now, Jubbs said:

That's why looking at minutes is important, he only played the equivalent of 10 games. Still not a great record, but 962 minutes vs 3690 mins is a huge difference.

I know, but still the fact he only got 962 minutes over that time isn’t ideal!

and throw in the zero goals 😬

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Are there any actual rumors anywhere, or are the journos still following the playoffs?

Nixon suggested we’re interested in Herbie Kane following his release from Barnsley;

Also the local Sheffield papers dropped our name into alleged interest in Josh Windass;

In theory they are more reputable rumours as the people sharing them are at least journalists employed by news outlets, BUT there’s also every chance they’re just driving traffic to their own sites by using the name of our club knowing the size of the fan base. All other rumours so far have come from fairly questionable social media accounts as @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said.

Going by our other signings under Warne (other than CBT) the news of who we’re actually signing probably won’t break until the deals are pretty much signed. There’s more to the multiple people on here saying about Iversen than some of the other rumours for me, seems news of people being shown round Moor Farm spotted by an employee and passed on to a mate is more likely than journalists knowing what’s happening.

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nixon suggested we’re interested in Herbie Kane following his release from Barnsley;

Also the local Sheffield papers dropped our name into alleged interest in Josh Windass;

In theory they are more reputable rumours as the people sharing them are at least journalists employed by news outlets, BUT there’s also every chance they’re just driving traffic to their own sites by using the name of our club knowing the size of the fan base. All other rumours so far have come from fairly questionable social media accounts as @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said.

Going by our other signings under Warne (other than CBT) the news of who we’re actually signing probably won’t break until the deals are pretty much signed. There’s more to the multiple people on here saying about Iversen than some of the other rumours for me, seems news of people being shown round Moor Farm spotted by an employee and passed on to a mate is more likely than journalists knowing what’s happening.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952jev7h9w9km3wwnz8b9

9 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It seems to be a hallmark of the Clowes / Warne strategy. This quiet under the radar, businesslike approach. So much more thoughtful than the loads a money hype. I am quietly confident that things will happen without mad auctions and desperation.

I am still nervous about our lack of current fire power but you have to trust that they know what they are doing. All will be well. (But I confess I am missing the frisson of some juicy gossip 🤣)

16 hours ago, eddielewis said:

Can remember him being highly rated at Ajax years ago. Little google search says he tore his ACL 2 weeks ago.

2nd time he's done it as well. Following his move to Stade Reims in 2022 he tore his ACL 12 minutes into his debut.