A Place in the Sun

I may have mentioned this before but we were filmed for ‘A Place in the Sun’ last June and have now been told of our airing date. 

It’ll be on Channel 4 at 3pm on Thursday June 6th and on catch up too of course. 

I realise this will mean me giving up my anonymity on here but though it might be of interest to any travel buffs out there!

1 hour ago, admira said:

I may have mentioned this before but we were filmed for ‘A Place in the Sun’ last June and have now been told of our airing date. 

It’ll be on Channel 4 at 3pm on Thursday June 6th and on catch up too of course. 

I realise this will mean me giving up my anonymity on here but though it might be of interest to any travel buffs out there!

We won't tell anyone that it's you!!!

1 hour ago, admira said:

D-Day...did you buy in Normandy?

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Did you find your dream 4-bed villa with private pool for twenty five grand?

Someone I know bought and moved to Villa Martin Spain, 2 bed terrace for £40k around 10 years ago, He's selling up as the place has changed socially/politically since Brexit, It's been on the market for quite a while I've been told as have other ex pats homes 

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

Someone I know bought and moved to Villa Martin Spain, 2 bed terrace for £40k around 10 years ago, He's selling up as the place has changed socially/politically since Brexit, It's been on the market for quite a while I've been told as have other ex pats homes 

Spain certainly did......I recall at the time of brexit Portugal unilaterally came out and said "we'd still love you to come, nothing changes".

But not Spain. They might find it difficult to sell.

My company got tied up in knots as we were told by the financial services regulator we could no longer pay pensions from UK policies directly to EU bank accounts. 

On 22/05/2024 at 01:39, uttoxram75 said:

I will be extremely disappointed if i dont see a Rams shirt, towel or flag in the programme.

No logos allowed on clothing unfortunately. You might get a glimpse of a Rams tattoo though! 

27 minutes ago, admira said:

788622D6-D8BC-4589-96FB-9B4891D22838.jpeg

Love Carcassonne, have a French pal who has a place in Palaja just outside of town and has one of those Hacienda type set ups in his garden with a pool in the middle of the Hacienda. Alright until you have had too much Red Wine and want to get up for a tinkle in the middle of the night!!!

17 minutes ago, GB SPORTS said:

Love Carcassonne, have a French pal who has a place in Palaja just outside of town and has one of those Hacienda type set ups in his garden with a pool in the middle of the Hacienda. Alright until you have had too much Red Wine and want to get up for a tinkle in the middle of the night!!!

Wow - a piano as well! 

A Place In The Sun / Escape To The Country / etc: A couple look at three properties but then decide they need more time to consider their options as none of them are quite right for them. 😉

Please tell me you broke the mould, also please tell me you're not one of those "we've been very successful so now want to relax a little, Gerald sold his company a few years back and we've earned it" couples.

11 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

A Place In The Sun / Escape To The Country / etc: A couple look at three properties but then decide they need more time to consider their options as none of them are quite right for them. 😉

Please tell me you broke the mould, also please tell me you're not one of those "we've been very successful so now want to relax a little, Gerald sold his company a few years back and we've earned it" couples.

I want a pool, sea view and at least 2 bedrooms, centrally located but quiet, rustic but modern. 

Budget, about 50k.