UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

You have to be concerned about how many footballers have such a low pain threshold.  Just the merest bit of contact sees them rolling on the ground in agony.

Does my head in - they need to introduce a rule like rugby where players are treated on the pitch whilst the game continues. I imagine they would recover much quicker…

2 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

You have to be concerned about how many footballers have such a low pain threshold.  Just the merest bit of contact sees them rolling on the ground in agony.

Does my head in - they need to introduce a rule like rugby where players are treated on the pitch whilst the game continues. I imagine they would recover much quicker…

Agree. There is a rule being trialled somewhere (can't remember where). If someone goes Dow they are out of the game for a few minutes. That way they do not waste time, they penalise the team if they are trying to waste time.

8 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

In the top 3 for me, along with every man jack on (and around) the pitch constantly checking themselves out on the umpteen big-screens (try concentrating in your job in hand!) and full backs covering a cross by standing with hands clasped behind their back, like a butler at a royal feast, immediately after plating up the final quail breast! 

The game is shot! 

Shot, says I.  🙄 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Hand over face in pain unbearable from a foul undeniable, but at a decision their way, up and kicking like a cow at spring.

Edited by ramit
typo

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

You’re mistaken they were actually booing Djokovic 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

You’re mistaken they were actually booing Djokovic 

The booing was directed at Cucerella not by the french fans,but by the germans in the stadium,they thought that he had handled the ball in the match between Spain/Germany but the ref gave the right decision,in his opinion the handball was accidental

Spain are going to struggle for the final. They've picked up so many severe injuries. I can't see Morata making it. I once saw a joiner lose his thumb in a saw and it didn't look as bad as some of the injuries Morata has gone through. 

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Agree. There is a rule being trialled somewhere (can't remember where). If someone goes Dow they are out of the game for a few minutes. That way they do not waste time, they penalise the team if they are trying to waste time.

Spain would have to play 5-a-side

Spain have been by far the best, most cohesive team in the tournament. Lots of their individual players stepping up to a high level too. 

If England get to the final, Spain would have to be the real favourites. We’d need to stick tight and ride our luck at times if we were to win.

The only game changer I could see now would be if their rhythm is sufficiently disrupted by absences. 

My main hope is that we simplly can't be as carp as we have been 5 times already!

Surely we have one decent performance in us? Maybe that comes today...and in the final we revert to being garbage and an injury hit Spain get smashed on pens.

Edited by Chester40

Spain clearly been the best team and are deservedly favourites.

However, got to say, I thought they looked vulnerable at the back at times last night.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

However, got to say, I thought they looked vulnerable at the back at times last night.

We just need our rapier-like strike force to slice them open! 🤨

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

In the top 3 for me, along with every man jack on (and around) the pitch constantly checking themselves out on the umpteen big-screens (try concentrating in your job in hand!) and full backs covering a cross by standing with hands clasped behind their back, like a butler at a royal feast, immediately after plating up the final quail breast! 

The game is shot! 

Shot, says I.  🙄 

I agree with the others, but how does players trying to ensure they don't concede a cheap penalty annoy you?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

They've looked vulnerable at the back all tournament. They can be got at.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Spain have been by far the best, most cohesive team in the tournament. Lots of their individual players stepping up to a high level too. 

If England get to the final, Spain would have to be the real favourites. We’d need to stick tight and ride our luck at times if we were to win.

The only game changer I could see now would be if their rhythm is sufficiently disrupted by absences. 

They're quite weak defensively in full back positions. Germany and France found lots of opportunities. They seem to always have a big gap between CBs and fullbacks and neither CB looks eager to get across and cover when they push forward. 

England would obviously have to spring counter attacks rather quickly though. Kane would have to walk really fast and Trippier would have to turn his head 90° to his left sometimes. 

It's a game for Palmer but I think there's more chance of starting with two goalkeepers