UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

We were very good during qualifying, injuries impacted and we kind of ran out of steam comming into the tournament, you have to remember our first choice striker out injured is a championship level player ,

disapointing but had we got through we would have even more depleted with the loss of tierney and then mc Tominay suspended, all in all it’s disappointing but also that’s two recent finals we have now qualified for so Not all bad , your teams your team , worst ever prem points tally has never stopped me being derby through and through 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unfortunately you'll always be the Bridesmaid and not the Bride, Passion, Determination, Endeavour and all the other things that give the Scots a believed tough mentality isn't good enough anymore, But when push comes the shove you fall down, Good Scottish footballers are getting less and less as time moves on, The same with Wales, But at least you got there 👍

Having slept on it... still annoyed, but ultimately if it finished 0-0 it'd have been a depressing couple of days waiting for confirmation.

This one stings because we weren't put out by being outclassed at the top table but by our own doing.

For context, I was driving south during the game for work and got to the hotel just in time to see Hungary scored and a laughing sunburnt bald gentleman shout "yes...ha ha ha...see you later boys"

Your teams your team, but Mr Bald has put me firmly in the ABE camp for the rest of the Euros.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Having slept on it... still annoyed, but ultimately if it finished 0-0 it'd have been a depressing couple of days waiting for confirmation.

This one stings because we weren't put out by being outclassed at the top table but by our own doing.

For context, I was driving south during the game for work and got to the hotel just in time to see Hungary scored and a laughing sunburnt bald gentleman shout "yes...ha ha ha...see you later boys"

Your teams your team, but Mr Bald has put me firmly in the ABE camp for the rest of the Euros.

I always wonder why there's a foreign element who support England over their own Country.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/pub-landlord-backs-england-despite-ultras-threat-to-burn-down-bar/ar-BB1oKH8V?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c8195732f4504bd8b56562be45ac04d2&ei=11

I watched "Football Cops" on channel 4 last week, In episode 3 when England played in Malta a couple of yearsback there Was a German who had England tattoos on his arm and supports England whenever he can home and away or in his case...always away😁, He was asked...what do your mates think of this..."they hate me" he said 😬

But then again there's Rod McStewart 🙄

Edited by Ram-Alf

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Off topic this, but it seems wrong that Germany have hosted a World Cup and Euros since England last hosted a major tournament. I don’t count 2020 as that was Wembley only.

The World Cups in particular have just been an excuse to build stadiums and develop. 

England was never chosen as there was no grubby money or laundering to be done. 

For travelling fans, I'd reckon most would prefer Central Europe rather than the UK. 

Who knows, there's probably a bit of politics (brexit) involved and a bit of anti EPL involved regarding the growing gap in finances between the varoius European leagues

It shouldn't matter in Uefa's choices, but probobly unconsciously does. 

Gallagher coming in for Trent, no talk of Foden being dropped. Classic Southgate, Gallagher will drop a 6/10 we'll squeeze past Slovenia and then he'll think the problems are solved for the knockouts.

His treatment of Gordon, Wharton and Mainoo has been a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Gallagher coming in for Trent, no talk of Foden being dropped. Classic Southgate, Gallagher will drop a 6/10 we'll squeeze past Slovenia and then he'll think the problems are solved for the knockouts.

His treatment of Gordon, Wharton and Mainoo has been a disgrace. 

Been a disgrace in what respect?

12 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

How in the name of William Wallace was that not a penalty.

I swear the Argentinian referee thinks Scotland is part of England and the Falkland Islands should be the Malvinas 😁, And the Spanish VAR assistant doesn't want Gibraltar back 😉 

I seem to be in a minority of one with this....

But I didn't think it was a penalty at all! He was slightly ahead,  saw the defender coming so almost jumped sideways. stuck his leg out and and took the contact. Should have been given a yellow card for initiating the contact.

34 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I seem to be in a minority of one with this....

But I didn't think it was a penalty at all! He was slightly ahead,  saw the defender coming so almost jumped sideways. stuck his leg out and and took the contact. Should have been given a yellow card for initiating the contact.

That's how I saw it too, tried his best to get fouled including pulling the defender into him. I don't think the defender did anything wrong