Early Realistic Aspirations for 24/25

10 minutes ago, Sharp_Ram said:

Impossible to say this early. No retained list yet. No transfers. Bare squad. 

That's the whole point of the topic.

What would you be wanting and where do you think the club should be aiming, before being influenced by signings?

Obviously, we all want promotion again, but realistically what should we be hoping for?

We'll probably have a new goalie, midfield, and strikers. Without knowing any in and outs yet, just staying up has to be the goal. 21st place with some hope for the future. It's tough to blend a new XI but if I trust Warne to do one thing, it's to create a positive team spirit. Good vibes, yeah?

I hope the fans adjust their expectations and back the team, not wet their pants and turn nasty if we're 20th at Christmas...

Beyond that, I'd like to see some entertaining football, recruitment of players with potential (and re-sale value), and some academy lads in the squad.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Would hope that we may trouble the top six places 

In any season where you're not starting in the top flight, promotion is the goal. That's the beauty of football - we all begin equal, and there are always surprises. That's why we have hope, even if it's the hope that kills you. I get that many don't like them, but the genius of the playoffs if that it maintains interest for so many teams all the way through to near the season finale. I'd hope we would still be in with a chance of making them with a very few games to go, even if we don't quite get over the line. I'd really hope we do get over the line.

Between 5th and 12th for me. 

Midtable is the aim, midtable is likely, people will still expect more however. 

I’d be happy to see us find some gems and turn them into real players this year however, find a decent young player with potential and a sale will fund your club for a realistic promotion push. 

Signings like Wilson/Ebou etc are exactly the kind of signings I’m excited for this summer and hopefully our recruitment behind the scenes has been spotting these.

Hoping for a push for the playoffs, maybe even more.

Derby County are a far bigger club than some in the promised land of milk and honey and there’s no reason why the Rams can’t be back there.

looking forward to to fixture list coming out, can’t attend every home game as finances don’t allow it but I’ll certainly be coming down with my wee lad to take in a few games next season.

hopefully the Derby Portsmouth game is a Saturday as the other half wants to go to that one, if it’s midweek then we’ve no chance 

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Holding our own, being hard to beat, staying clear of relegation trouble. Anything else would be a bonus.

Sat here right now, if we stay up I'll hold my own.

Seriously though the pragmatist in me seeing 17th as good as 7th wants a relatively calm season, with signs of development as the season progresses. Hope, hope for it perhaps being solid building blocks for a swing at play offs in the following seasons. A squad unified and with that, in a much better place than some of the basket case clubs vying to be the next Derby.

I'm thoroughly depressed reading that lot.."21st...not flirting with relegation...12th -16th..etc..Me? I fully expect us to be challenging for a playoff position. Ipswich Town finished 2nd in League One...We finished 2nd in League One. Did the Tractor Boys really spend that much money to get to the Premier League?