Liam Rosenior

chadlad

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

With us having no game today I was at a loss for something to do so figured I’d join a couple of my Hull supporting mates and watch how our former interim manager gets on today, hoping for a Hull win given the ‘orrible racism Rosenior had to deal with this week;

IMG_2311.jpeg

Yes , I read about that this week , some quite strange people in this world 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 1 month later...

To be honest, with the squad they’ve got an the money spent on individual players, including loans, then not finishing top 6 is a bit of a disappointment.

I’m surprised they’ve sacked him though, I expect it won’t be long before he has a new job.

Their squad by the end of the season was pretty good but that included adding Zaroury, Carvalho and Giles all on loan in January when you probably have to wait til at least March for them to settle. I think only Giles was signed with any intention of making it permanent too. 

This isn’t a comment on whether we should’ve kept him on or not, clearly it’s worked out, but think he can count himself very unfortunate with both his jobs so far

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I thought they were silly signing half a new team in January

A lot of expensive loans too. Probably not Rosenior’s doing, but it’s an expensive failure to not finish in the top 6. They’ve now pissed a load of money up the wall and don’t even have the players to show for it.

It’s going to be a tough job for whoever follows. I’m sure Rosenior will fare better than Hull in the long-term.

29 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Just been sacked by Hull after finishing 7th and nominated for manager of the season.
I won’t say anything further 👀 

Given that there were less than half of the league clubs who didn't sack at least one manager during the season, I wouldn't read too much into that.

Hull have gambled and lost (for now).

23 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I always wonder in such situations how much say the head coach has in signings. 

I imagine he was on board tbh. He seemed pretty excited in some of the January interviews. But then again, if he’d said no, I doubt the owner would have listened.