Retained List

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interested in the wording by Dom Dietrich, “Tom Barkhuizen and Craig Forsyth activated clauses”…. Sounds like it was in the players’ favour rather than the club’s? 🤔 Appearance based as hinted at earlier in the year? Or am I scrabbling for a conspiracy that isn’t there 🤣 

That's the club's wording in the statement, rather than coming directly from Dom.

7 minutes ago, Kinder said:

It’s going to be a massive summer in terms of incoming players. I’d have kept Wildsmith and Korey Smith and I hope we reach agreement with Sibs and Collo.

With you there 100%. Wildsmith is a surprise. I'd also have kept Korey. Fingers crossed RE: Sibbo and Collo.

Wildsmith might have been a 'had discussions never going to meet' so released situation.

2 goalies and Smith makes me think something has to be lined up, Midfield looks anaemic now.

At least it's out, we know where we need to strengthen ever more so now. Let's hope Warnes been working on this already, there is work to do to get bodies in, plus quality.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Thompson here for further 12 months and Fornah under contract, plus Darren Robinson signed a new deal, but yes lots of work to do. 

If we get Adam’s back, for all Smith did great alongside him, there’s a look of more youthful energy in midfield.

I’m hoping Warne has an upgrade for Smith on the cards, maybe one of the European players that has been watched?

That’s a good churn of older pros bar Wildsmith and the reason he’s not staying yet to be revealed; can’t be unhappy with that list.

10 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Don't agree with Korey Smith being released as that leaves us without anyone in midfield other than Tomo. 

But we know we need to be better in midfield , heck most on here vilified CH and early part of the season smith.

think both have their best days behind them, thank them both for what they did for us and we move on to hungrier younger and fitter at what is now a higher level 

Surprised about Korey, everything else is about on par with expectations. Wildsmith was excellent to start the year but there was clearly stuff happening behind the scenes and as soon as his confidence dropped, the clangers began. I like continuity in the squad, but he's definitely upgradeable and I'm excited to see where we go hunting.

Also happy Fozzy is staying, excellent cover and a reliable old head who's never let us down. Get Sibs signed up and I'd be delighted with the base of the squad.

I thought that Smith could have been a useful squad player for next season, he seemed to add something to midfield towards the end of the season and as a bonus could cover at RB.

He seemed to be quite an intelligent player, seeing passes that others didn't, unfortunately his actual passing ability didn't always match his vision, with a number of passes not reaching their target.

I don’t think we can really comment on the retained list until we learn who the new signings are.

The Championship is a big step up and we have several players who are unproven at that level.

We should be prepared for the departure of a couple of heroes from this season but it might be for the good of both parties.

All seems about right. Smith is 33 and we need to build for the future with more legs and not block the pathway of the academy. 
Wildsmith probably came down to money but there’s a few decent keepers kicking round on frees to pick up. 
Gonna need 4 midfielders and 2/3 strikers just to replace the outgoings so an interesting summer ahead

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Bit disappointed we still have tommy barks, average at league one sure as hell aint champ standard anymore imo

as some have said may not have been the clubs call 

Other than his time with us his career since 2016 has been spent in the championship? 

not bad for league 1 at best!!! 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Other than his time with us his career since 2016 has been spent in the championship? 

not bad for league 1 at best!!! 

Yeah I thought was harsh, been decent the last couple of years. Has ups and downs but generally been a good signing. Have three wingers now, nml, barks and cbt. Hopefully get another one in and see who wins the shirts 

Was told in January from a source previously reliable, Jack Thompson was going to be our number 1 next season no matter which league we were in. Make of it what you will. But may explain the Wildsmith thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Hourihane, Waghorn, Gayle, Loach, Wildsmith, Smith leaving.

Barkhuizen, Forsyth, Thompson triggered 12 month extensions.

Collins and Sibley still discussing new deals.

Robinson signed a new 2 year deal.

Hourihane 33  Waghorn 34  Gayle 34. Loach 36 in a few days .Smith 33 and Wildsmith 28.All have played some part in getting us up .Waghorn's goals at Peterborough-Gayle's in the run in and Wildsmith's save at home to Bolton and Smith's composure in midfield .
Hopefully,the average age will come down now and we have a clear idea of what's required and what wages are freed up.Happy to see Barks stay as a squad player but not so re Fozzy, as nice a chap as he is.