Retained List

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Or we're letting them train to be fit to get deals elsewhere? Or Sibley and Thommo had bust up on break at the cabin and he's letting off steam at least! 🤷‍♀️

They are employed by the club so turning up for work when expected maybe

Why haven't we published the list yet?

1. PW said a few months back that no new contracts would be offered until after the season.

2. Following the last game the lads had a couple of days on the razz and then went to Vegas for more razzing. Now they are back PW can inform, face to face, those who are to be let go and start negotiations with the agents of players he wants to keep.

Is it really any surprise we haven't published the list yet?

21 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Why haven't we published the list yet?

1. PW said a few months back that no new contracts would be offered until after the season.

2. Following the last game the lads had a couple of days on the razz and then went to Vegas for more razzing. Now they are back PW can inform, face to face, those who are to be let go and start negotiations with the agents of players he wants to keep.

Is it really any surprise we haven't published the list yet?

It is a little surprising only because Warne himself said it would be out last week. But it may only turn out to be a couple of days late so no big deal.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

It is a little surprising only because Warne himself said it would be out last week. But it may only turn out to be a couple of days late so no big deal.

Did he actually say that? i watched the interview but can't remember verbatim so he may well have done, but I just remember him saying about speaking to them when they've returned from Vegas and didn't commit to last week? We as fans knew when they returned, so put 2 and 2 together.

Edited by Srg

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Did he actually say that? i watched the interview but can't remember verbatim so he may well have done, but I just remember him saying about speaking to them when they've returned from Vegas and didn't commit to last week? We as fans knew when they returned, so put 2 and 2 together.

I've just checked. Interview was sat may 4th. Said next week after discussions we will do the released list, so actually didn't say it would be released. So yeah, may have misinterpreted that.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I get quite a lot of viewers watching me making quiches in fetish gear.

I’m on Only Flans.

Some of these replies are far too cheesy (often with double cream and a little nutmeg)

Having thought about it and having disengaged my "softie" side, here's my take on those currently out of contract. There will be disagreements but in the hardball world of Association Football there is no room for sentiment. Not if you want success...

The players concerned are:

Bird (already gone)
Sibley who I'd keep
Wildsmith who I'd keep
JJ back on pay as you play or not at all. Probably the latter.
Barks Thanks for everything but it's time to go
Adams hopefully reach a deal with Cardiff but not at any price
Tommo keep
Gayle looked class in L1 but had a huge failure at Stoke prior to coming to us. Too old? I think so
Hourihane Full time coach at Villa or an extra season here? I'd let him unless the option rumours are true
Collo Hard working goalscoring L1 CF 16/17 22 in L2, 17/18 20 in L2, 18/19 25 in L1, 19/20 and 20/21 14 and 13 in the SBC, 21/22 3 in the SBC from 30 appearances. 22/23 12 in L1, 23/24 199 in L1. Is L1 his level? I think he is. Thanks and good luck.
Smith been a good servant but PW wants more 20 somethings (applies to Collo as well)
Fozzy LWB/LB/CH competent in all 3 but his age is against him. 3 ACLs plus the time it took him to get over his injury this season and then broke down again on his return. You're a rock but it's time to go
Waggy Ta lad. This really is the end of the line
Robinson talks under way and I'd definitely keep him as he has a bright future
Loach does some coaching as well. Apparently on less than a grand a week. If still capable if/when needed then as 3rd keeper, I'd be happy enough.

So..

Keep Sibs, JW, Tommo, Robinson

Also keep JJ and Loach but only if the circumstances are correct (pay as you play JJ and still capable if needed Loach). IMO more chance of the latter happening than the former

Buy Adams but not at any price

The rest can go unless there are any option triggers the players can pull.