Season Tickets 24/25

Gaspode

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Just read a Leeds fan complaining about 34 games being moved for Sky TV this season. 

Jeez. 

Hope we don't have that pain next season.

It's usually something they're proud of.

On 28/04/2024 at 20:15, Rev said:

With a heavy heart, I've let my two go, even though I honestly believe them to be the best pair of seats in the stadium, excluding the South Stand. 

Top row of the SW corner, the last two seats before the SS.

Fantastic view of the overall game, you can really see how both teams have set up and the options available throughout the match, they should probably film games from up there to help with coaching.

Really good atmosphere up there too, and you can sit or stand as you please without bothering anyone else. There's even a barrier to rest against when standing, or bang your hand against to make some noise. 

SWU-E, Row Y, Seats 775-776.

Whoever gets them, enjoy!

"With a heavy heart, I've let my two go,"

So sorry to hear that Rev. Hope everything is ok with you and yours mate.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Just read a Leeds fan complaining about 34 games being moved for Sky TV this season. 

Jeez. 

In a way, I hope that we do, because it'll mean that we're fighting for promotion.

Under the new tv deal each team should average around 28 games, Derby are a bit more of an attraction so we're likely to have a couple more than that. If we're in the top six, then the mid 30s is likely. It seems likely that 3pm Saturday kick offs will be very rare. 328 Championship  matches are due to be screened, an average of just over 7 out of 12 fixtures every round of games.

7 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Jeez. 

Whatever happens, we won’t get as many as that. 
come on, you know the rules! 👀

10 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Jeez. 

It’s hard to feel any sympathy for Leeds fans but that does seem a bit extreme. I would imagine it was similar for Leicester.

I really think there should be a limit on how many times a particular club can have their fixtures changed for TV. Partly to try and even up the payments a bit (Leeds and Leicester would already have had a leg up with their parachute payments) but more importantly for the sake of the fans (just to avoid any misunderstanding, I don’t care about Leeds fans, I’m talking generally 😀).

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s hard to feel any sympathy for Leeds fans but that does seem a bit extreme. I would imagine it was similar for Leicester.

I really think there should be a limit on how many times a particular club can have their fixtures changed for TV. Partly to try and even up the payments a bit (Leeds and Leicester would already have had a leg up with their parachute payments) but more importantly for the sake of the fans (just to avoid any misunderstanding, I don’t care about Leeds fans, I’m talking generally 😀).

Sympathy for Leeds when they will charge away fans almost £50 if they are in the Champ next season ? Bit of sympathy for us away members who will get shafted when we go to Norwich on a Thursday night and pay £47 . 

19 hours ago, Kinder said:

Thanks for the heads up on this @Rev, they sound ideal so I’ve snapped them up. We wanted to move somewhere with better atmosphere but I’m very tall (6’6”), so feel bad standing if there’s someone behind me. Top row is perfect.

I’d emailed the club saying we wanted to move seats and they called me today. Very excited about next season, it’s going to be a long summer. Sorry you weren’t able to keep the seats but they’ve gone to a good home.

The end seat is perfect for you, being so tall, as there's no seat in front so you can dangle your legs down.

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sympathy for Leeds when they will charge away fans almost £50 if they are in the Champ next season ? Bit of sympathy for us away members who will get shafted when we go to Norwich on a Thursday night and pay £47 . 

I'm not talking about the club (I thought that was obvious given it's not them suffering from either the higher prices or the games rescheduled for TV) but the fans who can't be blamed for how much their club charges away supporters.

Of course I have sympathy for our away members (and none members) who get shafted by the price of tickets for some away games, but we're talking about something different here.

The new sky deal for next season means that there will be 824 live games from the EFL alone. This means that for every round of games, there will be 18 games on TV. What days and times are they going to use to accommodate these games, every weekend? 

The home fans and especially the away fans are really going to be really inconvenienced.

I suspect that if the disruption is as bad as I fear, next year the following season tickets renewals will be badly hit.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

The new sky deal for next season means that there will be 824 live games from the EFL alone. This means that for every round of games, there will be 18 games on TV. What days and times are they going to use to accommodate these games, every weekend? 

The home fans and especially the away fans are really going to be really inconvenienced.

I suspect that if the disruption is as bad as I fear, next year the following season tickets renewals will be badly hit.

No and it is a real factor/problem for some folks. You can just tell by some of the usernames on here that our fan base don't all just stroll across Derby to attend games - I'm in the North West myself.

The problem is that if you miss too many games due to your personal circumstances (work, family commitments, sheer distance etc), then a Season Ticket looks like less value once you've missed a few games. If you then say to yourself that you'll pay by the game then I think there is an inertia that can set in and to a point you have to justify attending to yourself, whereas as a Season Ticket holder I'm all too aware that in crappier seasons that sometimes I feel that I'm just pouring myself into my car to get on the road because it's already paid for. The DCFC habit !

I also don't like some of the alternative kickoff times because I often feel that stuff like Sunday lunchtimes tend to produce fairly flat atmospheres and Fridays nights and the M6 are a bit of a lottery at the best of times.

There's bugger all that we can do about it unfortunately but I'd imagine that we may get lots of disruption early doors but maybe if Sky conclude that we are not going to storm the league that they will focus elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

No and it is a real factor/problem for some folks. You can just tell by some of the usernames on here that our fan base don't all just stroll across Derby to attend games - I'm in the North West myself.

The problem is that if you miss too many games due to your personal circumstances (work, family commitments, sheer distance etc), then a Season Ticket looks like less value once you've missed a few games. If you then say to yourself that you'll pay by the game then I think there is an inertia that can set in and to a point you have to justify attending to yourself, whereas as a Season Ticket holder I'm all too aware that in crappier seasons that sometimes I feel that I'm just pouring myself into my car to get on the road because it's already paid for. The DCFC habit !

I also don't like some of the alternative kickoff times because I often feel that stuff like Sunday lunchtimes tend to produce fairly flat atmospheres and Fridays nights and the M6 are a bit of a lottery at the best of times.

There's bugger all that we can do about it unfortunately but I'd imagine that we may get lots of disruption early doors but maybe if Sky conclude that we are not going to storm the league that they will focus elsewhere.

Not had a season ticket since the 83/84 season when I moved to the Netherlands. I usually manage between 6 and 8 games a season. Flights, trains, hotels, match tickets and food and drink make each trip an expensive one. I'd do more games but 8 games is about as far as I an stretch my pension. 

This new TV deal will likely see me having to book flights closer to game day which will see me having to pay higher fares. I usually travel in Friday morning and back Sunday tea time. I may have to reduce my weekends away to Saturday morning to Sunday tea time.

Thanks Sky! NOT

21 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Unfortunately, the way I read it, is that 7 championship games will be on TV every weekend. So even the average championship team will more likely than not be on TV.

36 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I also don't live all that close, coming from probably the same distance the other way.  I quite like early Saturday kick offs (as last day of the season), but not evenings if at all avoided.

I am going to chime in that I think it's swings and roundabouts.  People living abroad get to watch all the games on TV, but we can't.  I rarely go to away games (haven't been to one for about eight years sort of rarely), but try to go to every home game with ST.  

I have a projector and wall blank-sheet, so can watch televised games in comfort at home with a beer on cinema like screen. For me, I value being able to watch away games on TV all the time even if a bit of inconvenience is relevant to home games.   I know there are VPNs and such, but it is a major hassle to do that- so pleased more than one or two Sky games and the same for Rams TV will be on.  

28 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Not had a season ticket since the 83/84 season when I moved to the Netherlands. I usually manage between 6 and 8 games a season. Flights, trains, hotels, match tickets and food and drink make each trip an expensive one. I'd do more games but 8 games is about as far as I an stretch my pension. 

This new TV deal will likely see me having to book flights closer to game day which will see me having to pay higher fares. I usually travel in Friday morning and back Sunday tea time. I may have to reduce my weekends away to Saturday morning to Sunday tea time.

Thanks Sky! NOT

I think Sky have said that part of the agreement is that Sky are going to be bound to choosing games much further in advance.  Therefore, more games will be shown but much more notice is going to be given for each game.

If this is contractual rather than "agreement", then this might actually work the other way for you - giving more certainty even if times are slightly off.

15 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I think Sky have said that part of the agreement is that Sky are going to be bound to choosing games much further in advance.  Therefore, more games will be shown but much more notice is going to be given for each game.

If this is contractual rather than "agreement", then this might actually work the other way for you - giving more certainty even if times are slightly off.

Correct. I've just been going through the new deal and they have, indeed, said there will be a longer advanced notice of which games will be moved. Home games on a Friday/Saturday and again the following Tuesday sound an interesting prospect for a visit home.

Having said that, even if we're in midtable obscurity, I fully expect we'll have more games moved than most. Each weekend, 5 of the 12 SBC games will be televised live. On average, we can expect each team to have 5/12 of their 46 games televised which is 15, so 7 or 8 of our home games. That, however, is an average. I fully expect at least half of our 23 home games to be televised. Idem ditto away.

20+ games, live on Sky and only available on Sky in the UK and VPNland. All other non UK places will still have access to their club TV service and Sky/football clubs also have a similar thing to iFollow for expats.

Posted (edited)

I for one will not be paying sky a single penny. It looks like the clubs are only interested in the money on offer and have sold the fans down the line I'm afraid.

However if nobody buys the sky service lets see what happens! Give me Owen Shaun every time!

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

3 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I for one will not be paying sky a single penny. It looks like the clubs are only interested in the money on offer and have sold the fans down the line I'm afraid.

However if nobody buys the sky service lets see what happens! Give me Owen Shaun every time!

I like Rams TV, but it would mean a lot less money for clubs at this level. The Premier League has value in that millions like watching that standard so they will always rake it in; at this level it is more hard fought.   

The thing that gets forgotten with clubs selling games themselves is that not only do they need to meet all the costs of production and sale etc, they also need to pay VAT on each sub.  So 20% of all the sub goes in tax.  If they sell to Sky they charge collectively they would do this + VAT, but Sky get to reclaim it from HMRC - so there is no tax on the sale.

In other words, you need to outperform what you are offered by 20% to simply break even.  Same with ticket sales - let's say we gain £1m more by going with the TV deal in revenue but £1m worth of ST holders cancel - you are actually up by £200,000 on that deal - as the ST would attract VAT at source.  

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

I like Rams TV, but it would mean a lot less money for clubs at this level. The Premier League has value in that millions like watching that standard so they will always rake it in; at this level it is more hard fought.   

The thing that gets forgotten with clubs selling games themselves is that not only do they need to meet all the costs of production and sale etc, they also need to pay VAT on each sub.  So 20% of all the sub goes in tax.  If they sell to Sky they charge collectively they would do this + VAT, but Sky get to reclaim it from HMRC - so there is no tax on the sale.

In other words, you need to outperform what you are offered by 20% to simply break even.  Same with ticket sales - let's say we gain £1m more by going with the TV deal in revenue but £1m worth of ST holders cancel - you are actually up by £200,000 on that deal - as the ST would attract VAT at source.  

Isn't £1m worth of season tickets pretty much all of us in total?

Or have I got my sums wrong?  🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Isn't £1m worth of season tickets pretty much all of us in total?

Or have I got my sums wrong?  🤷‍♂️

A little.  Back of a fag packed calculation and 22,000 sold (with £300 per season ticket as average - some will be nearly twice that and some much below) nets you £6.6m.

11 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

A little.  Back of a fag packed calculation and 22,000 sold (with £300 per season ticket as average - some will be nearly twice that and some much below) nets you £6.6m.

Oops!  I did 22k @ £450... but the answer came up with no commas, and I miscounted the noughts.  Thought it said £990,000!  

Anyway... must dash... I have a specsavers appointment!  

🤣👍