Paul Warne

Day

7 minutes ago, Allen said:

I honestly feel the only criterion PW uses when he gives players game time is whether they’re good enough or not. He seems very happy to play the likes of Ozoh and Goudmijn, two young players.

As to the Barrow game, you could also argue that at the moment he thinks Collins is still closer to the first team than Brown and JC needed to get some minutes under his belt.

Other than Brown, who are the other young players you think PW should be giving an opportunity to? I keep asking this question but as yet nobody has answered.

Good post 👍🏼. I was in two minds with the Collins v Brown thing. … Collo knows his way round, his instincts and experience are there but his pace has gone and he is probably at best a league 1 striker. In those circumstances Barrow is where you’d expect him to be able do a productive job. Then Brown, he’s been playing at that level and doing well so give him a go is a good idea linked with the gained experience of playing with his soon to be peers.

I reckon it was toss of the coin, with the desire to keep Collo in a good frame of mind that won the day. I doubt it was any dogged anti youth thing which I find hard to accept. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I’ll respond, as I guess I am one of the morons that @R@M is referring too.

I haven’t watched enough to directly comment on the standard of play, but my concern with Warne has always been style and tactical acumen. I didn’t doubt this season that he might squeeze every drop of sweat out of the lads to keep us up. I have been consistent on that point. It does seem though that a) we seem to have bought/loaned quite well, and b) that we are obviously better organised than I thought we might be. 9 points from the first 5 games is a fantastic achievement, however you gain them, but reading on here from the posters who typically take a good middle ground, it seems we are playing some nice football too, being less ‘kick it wide’ and more ‘play it through the middle’.

No one can or should knock that, because that kind of football, with Academy prospects being given appropriately opportunities, is what most of us “Warne Haters” have been wanting to see (but not expecting to see).

This season is all about consolidating. Well done Paul Warne and team for giving us all hope that this objective looks more than achievable.

Up the Rams!

Fair play. Although you’re not a moron in my book.

Just a Southerner.

Which is far worse 😊

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Have you been watching the official Derby highlights Tim? Should give you an idea of the kind of interplays the front line have been doing.

Remains to be seen whether we can keep it up, especially if teams start to sit back. But so far it feels like what “good football” under Warne could look like.

I always catch up on the highlights Nick. I like the look of Yates, shades of Goddard for me, an unexpected bonus given what appeared to be an unheralded signing. I tune in too in the hope and expectation that sometime soon Owen Bradley gets his pronunciation right, and can call him Goodminge like the rest of us. 

6 hours ago, Day said:

I hear you.

But.

Calling them (whoever identifies with the fan as you describe) morons, doesn’t exactly invite friendly discourse.

All it does is prolong this tit for that as we win and lose, this topic growing bigger by the week.

We’re trying our best to identify the out and out trolls, whilst allowing those with the more negative slant the platform to voice their concerns and have a proper discourse over the points they raise.

Currently 4 pints in, hope that makes sense.

Happy for a more negative slant as long as it is backed up with facts underpinned by reasonable debate and the aforementioned discourse…not the moronic vitriol which some think it is acceptable to throw around..and then double down on. And yes..I like throwing it in their faces when they are clearly wrong..and always were…because being correct was everything to them and they don’t even have that.

(I am aware before anyone points out the irony of how that last statement sounds..but I am only on the side of reasoned debate without prejudice or attacking decent people…not right or wrong) 

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I’ll respond, as I guess I am one of the morons that @R@M is referring too.

I haven’t watched enough to directly comment on the standard of play, but my concern with Warne has always been style and tactical acumen. I didn’t doubt this season that he might squeeze every drop of sweat out of the lads to keep us up. I have been consistent on that point. It does seem though that a) we seem to have bought/loaned quite well, and b) that we are obviously better organised than I thought we might be. 9 points from the first 5 games is a fantastic achievement, however you gain them, but reading on here from the posters who typically take a good middle ground, it seems we are playing some nice football too, being less ‘kick it wide’ and more ‘play it through the middle’.

No one can or should knock that, because that kind of football, with Academy prospects being given appropriately opportunities, is what most of us “Warne Haters” have been wanting to see (but not expecting to see).

This season is all about consolidating. Well done Paul Warne and team for giving us all hope that this objective looks more than achievable.

Up the Rams!

Not you at all. I said "those posters who only posted to express their dissatisfaction with Warne..." - I'm sure I've seen many of your posts on subjects other than Warne? They're posters we only see when we've lost, or sometimes when we haven't won by enough. So if you post generally and not only when "Warne Out" fever is in full flow, I ain't talking about you. 

8 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Sorry didn't actually post my comment! Well I was one of those who was pretty vitriolic at times about Warne last season and up until quite recently really. I think my frustration last season was with the terrible standard of football we were seeing a lot of the time but being fair about it that's the standard we were at. But I'm going to give him credit for a couple of things. Firstly I think the recruitment has been so much better this close season. We have picked up some terrific players for what appears to be a very manageable(for the club) budget. I'm absolutely delighted with Gouwijn who I think is the antithesis of of the sort of player we thought Warne preferred i.e 6' athletic but crude powerhouses. We have signed a bunch of lads who seem to have loads of ability and a great attitude. Secondly the football so far has improved immeasurably. Its been a great start. I still have a niggling doubt about Warne's attitude to developing young players by giving them time on the pitch - that Barrow debacle where he started Collins when it was a perfect opportunity to start Brown being the most recent low point example. But I'm much happier with Warne these days and long may it continue     

If you see my response to @i-Ram Gerry, you'll see I didn't mean you either.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Where has @Chris_Martin gone 😂

Couldn't tell you.  I've had him on mute for weeks...  Similarly I've blocked a number of the more enthusiastic Warne Out brigade on Twitter, but as soon as we're one nil down, you still get the odd "GeT tHAt PE teaCheR ouTtA my CLuB" idiots.  The thing is, bar the fact we don't play like Prime Barca week in week out, I can't see what people's issue is with him.