Paul Warne

Day

37 minutes ago, Jram said:

However, in general it strikes me that everyone comes out so angry and negative when we lose and/or play badly and the amount cognitive bias is insane.  

However, it is League 1. The pitches are bad, the players are quite bad (even the better players)

Cognitive bias is a systematic error in thinking, affecting how we process information R.b7497c5ffd054e58977609fef18b029e?rik=l

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

Think you just have to accept some people like kick and rush football.  Same ones that defend Warne are the ones that droned on about sideways passing under Rosenior and Cocu.

You seem to have your finger on the pulse of posters' opinions - do you know who complained about sideways passing under Rosenior and Cocu when we were in 2nd place?

18 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

you can keep trying to make stuff up it if it makes you happy, but i've been consistent with my views on warne, win lose or draw, since last season.

Yep you have ( so pretty much since he walked through the door ), win lose draw , top 2 scorers in division, about the same defensively , scored some cracking goals in terms of passing , there are some who state warne faults in they’re eyes who in listen to and see some points , your not one of those ,,, not a single positive thing to say and you disappear when we are winning then turn up full of glee filling threads if we so much as drop a point 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Archied

17 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep you have ( so pretty much since he walked through the door ), win lose draw , top 2 scorers in division, about the same defensively , scored some cracking goals in terms of passing , there are some who state warne faults in they’re eyes who in listen to and see some points , your not one of those ,,, not a single positive thing to say and you disappear when we are winning then turn up full of glee filling threads if we so much as drop a point 😂😂😂😂

I've never seen you try and understand or give any sort of rational response to people who give genuine criticisms. You just turn up insulting and laughing at people.

17 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I've never seen you try and understand or give any sort of rational response to people who give genuine criticisms. You just turn up insulting and laughing at people.

There’s plenty of posts I don’t reply to in argument, do you mean laughing imogi ? As for insulting people can you show me where I have insulted anyone personally, it doesn’t happen ,

when did I last reply to one of your posts ?

Edited by Archied

2 hours ago, Jram said:

It’s difficult because it’s tempting to lump all the people commenting negatively about Warne into one group which is perhaps unfair.

However, in general it strikes me that everyone comes out so angry and negative when we lose and/or play badly and the amount cognitive bias is insane. We haven’t played that badly in that many games and we have won a number of games quite convincingly this season. 

However, it is League 1. The pitches are bad, the players are quite bad (even the better players) and the tactics of a lot of teams are frequently to try and destroy football rather than create nice football. 

We have been unable to recruit a replacement for Collins (Gayle hasn’t really had a go yet though) so inevitably that will have an impact. Personally I think we’ve got away with not signing another centre back as well. 

From where im standing it seems that, if people took a minute to be remotely rational, they’d realise Warne is doing quite a good job. Not just in terms of league position but even in some performances and the recruitment has been pretty good given the constant contraints. 

Of course I have criticisms. The main one is the lack of academy minutes but I’ll give him the benefit this season as the current generation was gutted during admin so that may change in coming years. 

I think it depends on what your starting point is. If you're starting point is "I want to be entertained" then that will drive your view of our football and your opinions of how the team is managed and plays, as will "I'm not bothered about the football, I just want to win" - same team and manager but a different starting perspective so a different view.

If your starting point is "I think this group of players is ok, and so second is ok" then you'll probably be perfectly happy, if you think "This is a very good group of players and they are under performing", then that will drive your viewpoint. 

Equally, maybe Warne "doing quite a good job" isn't enough for some. Maybe they think at a club our size, with this fan base and a good budget, he should be doing a "good job", or even a "great job". Why should we settle for "quite a good job", which sounds a bit mediocre, they might say?

All of these views are valid, and I don't think it's fair to suggest that people being "remotely rational" will only lead to one conclusion.

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's based on what has been served up all season, not a knee jerk reaction. I'm finding this constant defending of what is poor football, poor tactics, poor recruitment, poor game management quite tiresome to be honest. It's like some people are being positive for positives sake. I'm guessing these people don't attend the games or don't even watch them? They just look at the league table and think 'ooo that looks nice'.

I'm there every home game (never boo and never will), but I see what is being served up and it is tripe. 

Even his bobble hat is crap now.

What's wrong with being positive for the sake of it? I freely admit to being that kind of person, but preferring to pick something positive out of a game doesn't mean I'm defending the stuff you think is poor. I just prefer not to dwell on the negative, there's plenty of that on here already! And you guess wrong, I'm at every home game and plenty of the  away ones too.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Think i understood what your trying to say there, hard to tell as i only speak english

If you'd bothered to even look at my posts recently, you would see that i was very positive in defending max bird when many were calling him 💩. You'd also notice i wasn't happy at all after the stevenage win.

Strange how you only ever reply to the negative things i say and seem to just completely ignore the rest, but each to their own i guess

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Think i understood what your trying to say there, hard to tell as i only speak english

If you'd bothered to even look at my posts recently, you would see that i was very positive in defending max bird when many were calling him 💩. You'd also notice i wasn't happy at all after the stevenage win.

Strange how you only ever reply to the negative things i say and seem to just completely ignore the rest, but each to their own i guess

I only speak Scottish, what has your opinion on max bird got to do with this constant onslaught against Paul warne ,,, you’ve lost me with that one 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

I only speak Scottish, what has your opinion on max bird got to do with this constant onslaught against Paul warne ,,, you’ve lost me with that one 🤷🏻‍♂️

Banghead GIF by Ant Hodges

you literally just said I never make a positive comment

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Banghead GIF by Ant Hodges

you literally just said I never make a positive comment

Regards the manager 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
That is the subject we are talking about , I say I can’t take you seriously because everything you post about warne is anti and you reply that you posted something positive about max bird 

Edited by Archied

7 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Likewise some people are just being negative for negatives sake

For negative sake? We have just lost 2 on the bounce, one against a team that hadn't won in 22 games. Both games we put in poor performances and that has been a theme all season.

I admit I've been more negative about Paul Warne than others, but that's purely because I saw concerns earlier on and unfortunately they were concerning enough for me to think he wasn't right for us. How I long for him to Ram that down my throat and prove me wrong.

11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst I can’t stand his style of football it was right to give him the season although his absolute scatter gun approach to signing players concerned me greatly. Yes in terms of the opposition this year certainly looked like the easiest/poorest league imaginable but remember he has 3 promotions from this league so it must have been just as poor on a least 3 occasions before.

Good points well made.

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Whereas the constant jibes are an absolute breath of fresh air!  🙄

Perhaps some folk are built differently to others?  Whilst some seem to thrive on negative rants, others may wish to ignore them... or dare I say, even counteract them with positivity.

There are two sides to this fence, and for the most part, each side see the other as tiresome.

Well let's all agree to disagree and make love.

33 minutes ago, Archied said:

Regards the manager 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
That is the subject we are talking about , I say I can’t take you seriously because everything you post about warne is anti and you reply that you posted something positive about max bird 

i cant take you seriously because there is never any substance to any point you make...