Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

11 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Zetterstrom played last night for Djurgarden. They are through to the final qualifiers to make the Conference League group stage. They got their replacement keeper in a few days ago. Will they now allow the deal to go through or will they insist on him staying for the final qualifying round? Those games are the 22nd and 29th of August against Maribor from Slovenia.

It might well be down to whether or not the new keeper is eligible for the qualifiers. 

The noise from Sweden indicates he's on his way over and could even be in the squad tomorrow. 

Their new keeper is eligible for the qualifiers. 

22 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I suggested McCowan a couple of weeks back and still think he'd e a good addition. Linked with Celtic this morning though.

Mubama is the best fit from that list. Hada really good 22/23 U21 season, but didn't get much game time last season at any level. I don't think he's any better than Brown though.

Patino would be ideal in the AM role. A reasonable first loan at Championship level last season with Swansea (3 goals and 4 assists in 1428 mins), so will need another season at this level. He's a very good alround player, with high creativity and defensive stats, and decent shooting and dribbling.

Vale had a decent season for Bristol City (2 goals and 5 assists) but was playing at LWB. He was also pretty good defensively. Probably ready for the step up, but I would put him behind Beck in my LWB loan wishlist.

Nwaneri would be a very good addition at AM, but he'll either go to a top 6 team or stay with Arsenal and be involved in their first team.

Got any “Suggestions” that would say YES to DCFC ?

@jimtastic56... With the keeper situation sorted very soon, that leaves us short at RCB, LWB, CM/AM and CF. It seems we've moved away from the idea of another winger (who can play at AM) so will make do with Mendez-Laing, Jackson, Barkhuizen and Blackett-Taylor (with Wilson filling in). 

2 games into the season, I've reassessed what Warne will be looking for from the vacant positions. My picks from around the world in those positions being:

CB/RCB
Johannes Handl (26, Austria Vienna, Austria) - similar type of player to Nelson but probably a slight upgrade. He's pretty good in the air, will bring the ball out of defence, got a decent range of passing, and reads play really well (leading to a high number of interceptions).
Nemanja Tekijaski (27, Jablonec, Czechia) - Just had a very good season in Czechia, following a move from the Polish 2nd division last summer. He's great defensively, and great on the ball.
Hasan Kuruçay (26, Free Agent) - I previously suggested him way back in February when he was still contracted to Braunschweig (German 2nd div). He reads play very well, is comfortable on the ball and plays some fantastic passes through to forwards.

LWB
Jonas Auer (24, Austria Vienna, Austria) - Probably falls outside out our budget, but would be the perfect wing back. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get a move to a top division within 12 months
Djevencio van der Kust (23, Sparta Rotterdam) - uses his pace to win a lot of challenges and drive forward with the ball. Not afraid to knock the ball down the line or whip in early cross. Weak in the air though.

CM/AM
Paris Maghoma (23, Brentford) - would be a better loan option than the rumoured Devine. I imagine there will be a lot of competition for him though
Makoto Mitsuta (25, Sanfrecce Hiroshima, Japan). Over his career, he's averaged a goal contribution every other game. He's one of the very best at dribbling, shooting and creating chances in the J-League. He has very good technique and good freekicks.
Himad Abdelli (24, Angers, France) - scored 9 and assisted 2 last season. A very good dribbler and one of the best in the league for progressive passes. Very good defensive contribution and strong in the air too.
Mario Sauer (20, Zilina, Slovakia) - 6 goals and 6 assists in 29 lerague games last season. 1 goal in 2 apps so far this season. Another very good dribbler
Uran Bislimi (24, Lugano, Switzerland) - 8 goals and 7 assists last season and on 2 goals in 7 app this season. A good allround AM who is also quite strong and puts in a defensive shift.

CF
Wendel (24, Porto B, Portugal) - scored 18 and assisted 6 last season. Unlikely to step up to Porto's first team, but may still cost quite a bit.
Daniel Bîrligea (24, Cluj, Romania) - another I mentioned a few weeks back 24 years only playing for Cluj, Romania. Capped twice for Romania. 15 goals and 7 assists in 46 games last season, and already has 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 games this season. 
Jovo Lukić (25, Borac Banja Luka, Bosnia) - suggested him a times now as he ticks all the boxes, just not proven at a significant level.  He would be cheap punt as he has just 1 year left on his contract, 14 goals and 6 assists last season. 
Alex Tamm (23, Nomme Kalju, Estonia) - has an excellent record in Estonia with 55 goals and 17 assists in his last 3 seasons (85 games). 
Bruny Nsimba (24, Dender, Belgium) - scored 24 and assisted 2 in the Belgian 2nd division last season. Now promoted, he has 2 goal contributions in his first 3 games. 24 years old.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@jimtastic56... With the keeper situation sorted very soon, that leaves us short at RCB, LWB, CM/AM and CF. It seems we've moved away from the idea of another winger (who can play at AM) so will make do with Mendez-Laing, Jackson, Barkhuizen and Blackett-Taylor (with Wilson filling in). 

2 games into the season, I've reassessed what Warne will be looking for from the vacant positions. My picks from around the world in those positions being:

CB/RCB
Johannes Handl (26, Austria Vienna, Austria) - similar type of player to Nelson but probably a slight upgrade. He's pretty good in the air, will bring the ball out of defence, got a decent range of passing, and reads play really well (leading to a high number of interceptions).
Nemanja Tekijaski (27, Jablonec, Czechia) - Just had a very good season in Czechia, following a move from the Polish 2nd division last summer. He's great defensively, and great on the ball.
Hasan Kuruçay (26, Free Agent) - I previously suggested him way back in February when he was still contracted to Braunschweig (German 2nd div). He reads play very well, is comfortable on the ball and plays some fantastic passes through to forwards.

LWB
Jonas Auer (24, Austria Vienna, Austria) - Probably falls outside out our budget, but would be the perfect wing back. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get a move to a top division within 12 months
Djevencio van der Kust (23, Sparta Rotterdam) - uses his pace to win a lot of challenges and drive forward with the ball. Not afraid to knock the ball down the line or whip in early cross. Weak in the air though.

CM/AM
Paris Maghoma (23, Brentford) - would be a better loan option than the rumoured Devine. I imagine there will be a lot of competition for him though
Makoto Mitsuta (25, Sanfrecce Hiroshima, Japan). Over his career, he's averaged a goal contribution every other game. He's one of the very best at dribbling, shooting and creating chances in the J-League. He has very good technique and good freekicks.
Himad Abdelli (24, Angers, France) - scored 9 and assisted 2 last season. A very good dribbler and one of the best in the league for progressive passes. Very good defensive contribution and strong in the air too.
Mario Sauer (20, Zilina, Slovakia) - 6 goals and 6 assists in 29 lerague games last season. 1 goal in 2 apps so far this season. Another very good dribbler
Uran Bislimi (24, Lugano, Switzerland) - 8 goals and 7 assists last season and on 2 goals in 7 app this season. A good allround AM who is also quite strong and puts in a defensive shift.

CF
Wendel (24, Porto B, Portugal) - scored 18 and assisted 6 last season. Unlikely to step up to Porto's first team, but may still cost quite a bit.
Daniel Bîrligea (24, Cluj, Romania) - another I mentioned a few weeks back 24 years only playing for Cluj, Romania. Capped twice for Romania. 15 goals and 7 assists in 46 games last season, and already has 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 games this season. 
Jovo Lukić (25, Borac Banja Luka, Bosnia) - suggested him a times now as he ticks all the boxes, just not proven at a significant level.  He would be cheap punt as he has just 1 year left on his contract, 14 goals and 6 assists last season. 
Alex Tamm (23, Nomme Kalju, Estonia) - has an excellent record in Estonia with 55 goals and 17 assists in his last 3 seasons (85 games). 
Bruny Nsimba (24, Dender, Belgium) - scored 24 and assisted 2 in the Belgian 2nd division last season. Now promoted, he has 2 goal contributions in his first 3 games. 24 years old.

These smart suggestions are all well and good but we will sign a striker who  everyone knows and is a 7 goal a season but grafter type player like Sammon or has played 100 games for Rotherham or if that fails a skinny 18 year old looking for their first games as a Pro. Warne probably doesnt even know half these countries exist. Would love us to sign a Mcgoldrick type talisman but I am expecting a young unproven player from academy level or a hard working donkey type who cant control a ball.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

With the way Warne was talking yesterday maybe we wont even bring in a striker due to budget constraints and then give Brown more of a role in the side which could work out but isnt ideal. Maybe we have a Preston or Plymouth style budget which I dont really understand after getting money in from sellons + sky money and gate receipts. Theres a middle ground between spending 6mill on Johnson and getting relegated due to lack of investment.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

10 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

These smart suggestions are all well and good but we will sign a striker who  everyone knows and is a 7 goal a season but grafter type player like Sammon or has played 100 games for Rotherham or if that fails a skinny 18 year old looking for their first games as a Pro. Warne probably doesnt even know half these countries exist. Would love us to sign a Mcgoldrick type talisman but I am expecting a young unproven player from academy level or a hard working donkey type who cant control a ball.

I think you have got a full house in the 'jump on my post' bingo game.

4 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

With the way Warne was talking yesterday maybe we wont even bring in a striker due to budget constraints and then give Brown more of a role in the side which could work out but isnt ideal. Maybe we have a Preston or Plymouth style budget which I dont really understand after getting money in from sellons + sky money and gate receipts. Theres a middle ground between spending 6mill on Johnson and getting relegated due to lack of investment.

IMG_2136.gif

12 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

I dont expect us to sign anyone of quality maybe a good character with great banter and works their socks of and has all the best stats for pressing but not a penalty box striker with a good touch and presence like we need.

No our new Football Intelligence department have been on the case and Virat Kohli signs tomorrow 

New game. Pick a random country and make 3 suggestions to fill CB, AM and ST. Combined cost of no more than let’s say 5mil. @Ghost of Clough can then analyse them properly and tell us why they’re rubbish 😀

I’ll start. Slovakia…

Denis Varvo CB 28 yrs old right footed 6’3 plays for Kobenhavn. Has a cannon for his right foot. Price is difficult to gauge but could be available for a couple of million.

Erik Jirka AM 26 yrs old can play left, right and through the centre. 6’0 plays for Viktoria Plzen ball carrier with rapid pace. Out of contract next summer possibly available for 700k.

Robert Bosenik ST 24 yrs old 6’2 mobile and athletic playing for Boavista. 9 goals in 31 appearances last season and shares a birthday with my son. Cost Boavista 2.5mil Euros last year.

They all also know Matej Vydra through the national team and he’d surely give us a solid recommendation?

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

New game. Pick a random country and make 3 suggestions to fill CB, AM and ST. Combined cost of no more than let’s say 5mil. @Ghost of Clough can then analyse them properly and tell us why they’re rubbish 😀

I’ll start. Slovakia…

Denis Varvo CB 28 yrs old right footed 6’3 plays for Kobenhavn. Has a cannon for his right foot. Price is difficult to gauge but could be available for a couple of million.

Erik Jirka AM 26 yrs old can play left, right and through the centre. 6’0 plays for Viktoria Plzen ball carrier with rapid pace. Out of contract next summer possibly available for 700k.

Robert Bosenik ST 24 yrs old 6’2 mobile and athletic playing for Boavista. 9 goals in 31 appearances last season and shares a birthday with my son. Cost Boavista 2.5mil Euros last year.

They all also know Matej Vydra through the national team and he’d surely give us a solid recommendation?

China.

Zhang Wei.

Zhang Wei.

Zhang Wei.

That Chesterfield player James Berry-McNally looks a player and a half, looked very dangerous when he played against us pre season and cup, today scores 2 in a 5-0 win.

Im guessing he wouldn't cost too much either with being in league 2.

20 minutes ago, MattHunt99 said:

That Chesterfield player James Berry-McNally looks a player and a half, looked very dangerous when he played against us pre season and cup, today scores 2 in a 5-0 win.

Im guessing he wouldn't cost too much either with being in league 2.

Used to be at Macclesfield when use to go watch them, was a player then, even though it was like tier 8

On 10/08/2024 at 19:45, Eoghan1884 said:

Kelvin Eibhatiomhan, 21 year old 6 foot 4 striker from Reading always looks a handful when I see him. Fast athletic and works hard. Has got an eye for goal and wins a ridiculous amount of headers. He’s in the last year of his contract and can’t imagine he’d cost a crazy amount as Reading aren’t the strongest financially. Be surprised if we haven’t looked at him as he’s got all the attributes our coaching staff like. He also scored 11 goals in 47 games last year and has 1 (should have 2 was just offside) today agaisnt Birmingham. He also would have good resale value should it work out.

Got a tidy assist off the left today to Charlie savage and then followed up with a poachers goal tapping in from a rebound. Really wish we were in for him.

I know Warne mentioned we could have a midfielder in 48 hours. So I'm surprised he wasn't asked by Radio Derby if it was any closer to being done.

Also surprised that he didn't get asked about Wilson and what he had done? Or did I miss that?

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I know Warne mentioned we could have a midfielder in 48 hours. So I'm surprised he wasn't asked by Radio Derby if it was any closer to being done.

Also surprised that he didn't get asked about Wilson and what he had done? Or did I miss that?

Regarding Wilson he mentioned hamstring tightness, apparently felt it on Thursday but felt ok Friday, then the tightness came back today so came off almost as a precaution. Think that might have been the Ramstv interview he mentioned it, available on YouTube. 
Hopefully it’s not serious and he can ice it and get right for next weekend or something.