Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

2 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I would love it if we could sign Jude Bellingham 

No chance, he's joining Man Utd when he's 35 on a 5 year deal at £1 million a week. 

3 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

£150m and £100k per week should do it. Come on David get ya wallet out. 

If he was able to do it at those numbers then he absolutely should - borrow from any bank that will give him money and recoup the costs when we sell him. 

I suspect the numbers would look more like £250-300m and £600-800k a week. 

3 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

We already miss out

Connolly signs for Stockport after leaving Blackpool

Derby makes me feel sick and very depressed sometimes

Why are we so slow at getting people in or why we sit back wait to think oh the player will call us hmm no derby bad derby do the work

I appreciate your frustration but I guess we need to assess our situation at the end of the window, not the start.

We might have some fantastic signings by then and there may well be valid reasons why we haven’t pursued other targets.

18 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

We already miss out

Why are we so slow at getting people in or why we sit back wait to think oh the player will call us hmm no derby bad derby do the work

I doubt very much the connolly link was true he only started 15 games last season for Blackpool in league one. 6 sub appearances and was an unused sub 12 times since December. 

16 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

We already miss out

Were we ever interested in the lad? Was any interest mere clickbait site talk?

Let's see. Stockport County. Average gate 9108. League 1. Derby County. Average gate >27K. Championship.

Would he really choose them over us? About the only 2 things that would be in their favour would be the likelihood of more game time and possibly not having to move house.

Set that against training facilities, stadium, crowd, probably wages too and, IMO, a player with ambition wouldn't choose Stockport.

Ergo, the chances are that DCFC was never interested in him in the first place.

51 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

We already miss out

There’s a long time to go until the start of the season, there’s still a couple of weeks to go until the start of pre-season. Try and focus on what’s possible in terms of signings before those dates come around rather than missing out on a league one defender moving to another league one side on a free.
We could (and most likely will) be working to sign any number of players, there was talk of us scouting abroad for the first time in years, we’ve been linked to some decent players in the last couple of weeks and had some interesting rumours come from the forum’s alleged ITK contingent.

If you genuinely feel sick and very depressed by us not announcing players by the 17th of June you may want to speak to your GP or other support organisations. 

EDIT - defence is also one of the few areas where we have depth and capable bodies, there are more important/immediate priorities than signing defenders in my opinion. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, dcfcjj said:

Connolly was an OPINION piece. The person suggested that we sign him. 

So absolutely no reason for anyone to get their undies in uproar when he goes to Stockport from Blackpool (where he hardly played and was generally an unused sub) on a free...

1 hour ago, WarCatDCFC said:

We already miss out

Yes, I too am devastated that we haven’t signed a player deemed not good enough for Blackpool

There’s a very good chance we will sign 3-5 players in the next 2 weeks before pre season. As well as seeing New Jersey’s, new training gear and learning the future of Sibley and Collo. Lots to look forward to and digest.

41 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s a long time to go until the start of the season, there’s still a couple of weeks to go until the start of pre-season. Try and focus on what’s possible in terms of signings before those dates come around rather than missing out on a league one defender moving to another league one side on a free.
We could (and most likely will) be working to sign any number of players, there was talk of us scouting abroad for the first time in years, we’ve been linked to some decent players in the last couple of weeks and had some interesting rumours come from the forum’s alleged ITK contingent.

If you genuinely feel sick and very depressed by us not announcing players by the 17th of June you may want to speak to your GP or other support organisations. 

EDIT - defence is also one of the few areas where we have depth and capable bodies, there are more important/immediate priorities than signing defenders in my opinion. 

Pretty sure the WarCat is a WUM or Bot hence I blocked it in the first couple of days. The posts don’t read right to be genuine. 

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

There’s a very good chance we will sign 3-5 players in the next 2 weeks before pre season. As well as seeing New Jersey’s, new training gear and learning the future of Sibley and Collo. Lots to look forward to and digest.

... when it gets published on the dcfc club website and not on some crackpot clickbait site.

29 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Pretty sure the WarCat is a WUM or Bot hence I blocked it in the first couple of days. The posts don’t read right to be genuine. 

Or possibly a user who may find typing/communicating more challenging...

Either way it might be worth posters thinking a bit more about who's behind the keyboard before they respond to certain posts, no matter how much they disagree with the points being made.

We will have signings tied up. 

As I've said before, just my opinion, but I can't see us announcing any signings until the shirt has been announced, as any new signings will be holding the new shirt...its just logical.

Why we release the shirt so late into June is beyond me though, so many people could have bought it in time for summer holidays...anyway I digress.

Players will be signed, sounds like a GK and midfielder are the first ones too.

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Or possibly a user who may find typing/communicating more challenging...

Either way it might be worth posters thinking a bit more about who's behind the keyboard before they respond to certain posts, no matter how much they disagree with the points being made.

Not a matter of disagreement at all. Just an obvious WUM or AI Bot account. 
I could easily tell that B4 was a real person who struggled with writing and supported and defended him as such. 
Accounts like this one and the old Ben one ( that seemed to disappear at the same time as this one opened ) I don’t respond to. 

I never bother responding further with posters once I know that neither of us will change our views as it’s a waste of both our times , it’s an agree to disagree and leave it at that. No point in getting angry or frustrated it’s only opinions after all 😀