Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

18 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Was used as a right winger all season for Ipswich and even started some big games like against Southampton. Good addition to the forward department on a free but shouldn’t be a starter and definitely won’t be the starting striker.

Yep - also would be one of a number of strikers we will inevitably sign this summer, so you have to take that into account too. 

If he was the only striker we signed this summer I’d be a little concerned, but he won’t be.

51 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why can’t he name them? He has just repeated the profile of players that Warne himself said he is looking to bring in. Come on all ITKs, name names 🤔

Because only a small circle of people will know the names. It would be easy to start working out who was passing on information at the club. 

These are real people with real jobs who will be trusting their mates they tell not to name the players on forums etc. 

It's like people asking @Big Trav if he's heard anything over and over again. He's a an actual adult, with presumably a job and other responsibilities. Calm down. 

Edited by Norman

50 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why can’t they name the players now then, rather than vague generalisations? Even so, still get one or two posters hanging on every word 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Someone else already posted the response

18 hours ago, RamInSweden said:

I predict we sign 3 wingers who never play, 3 wing backs, 3 centre mids who watch the ball fly over their heads and then leave our big star striker signing till deadline day, and end up with Cameron Jerome.

That used to be the Derby way. But is it now?

26 minutes ago, Norman said:

Because only a small circle of people will know the names. It would be easy to start working out who was passing on information at the club. 

These are real people with real jobs who will be trusting their mates they tell not to name the players on forums etc. 

It's like people asking @Big Trav if he's heard anything over and over again. He's a an actual adult, with presumably a job and other responsibilities. Calm down. 

Totally chilled ta. So are you saying ITKs don’t need to name names then 🤔 That vague generalisations will do 🤔 Defeats the object a wee bit don’t you think 🤣

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Totally chilled ta. So are you saying ITKs don’t need to name names then 🤔 That vague generalisations will do 🤔 Defeats the object a wee bit don’t you think 🤣

Perhaps others are quite happy to get snippets as part of the pre season fun without the usual suspects jumping all over the supposed ITK’s.Right or wrong .

You have made your position quite clear over a number of seasons that you don’t like it. We have heard you , if you don’t like the thread just check out of it without being a mood hoover for those who do. 

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Perhaps others are quite happy to get snippets as part of the pre season fun without the usual suspects jumping all over the supposed ITK’s.Right or wrong .

You have made your position quite clear over a number of seasons that you don’t like it. We have heard you , if you don’t like the thread just check out of it without being a mood hoover for those who do. 

Reggie, your views on the subject are quite clear too, so by all means leave the thread or block me. Asking ITKs for names isn’t too much to ask is it when you have so called ITK news now on 3 separate threads 😊 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Reggie, your views on the subject are quite clear too, so by all means leave the thread or block me. Asking ITKs for names isn’t too much to ask is it when you have so called ITK news now on 3 separate threads 😊 

I just think folk are reluctant to do so if they are going to get jumped over if they do. I’m not leaving the thread as I like to hear right or wrong. It’s just a bit of fun.  I understand you are a sceptic that’s fair enough but cut a bit of slack for the guys and gals . 😊

16 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I just think folk are reluctant to do so if they are going to get jumped over if they do. I’m not leaving the thread as I like to hear right or wrong. It’s just a bit of fun.  I understand you are a sceptic that’s fair enough but cut a bit of slack for the guys and gals . 😊

FWIW I think apart from this subject I think you are a good poster with lots of good thoughts and insights hence no block 

11 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

FWIW I think apart from this subject I think you are a good poster with lots of good thoughts and insights hence no block 

That’s nice to hear Reg. Ditto. I am just looking for a bit of clarity and what people really know, genuine transfer news and not as happy as you to accept the 95% made up nonsense 😉

21 hours ago, Norman said:

This is spot on. My friend knows someone who passes him info that has been 100% accurate so far.

From what I gather, he must know someone who works at moor farm either there or on the media team as he knows who we have signed and that they are in the building normally the day before its announced.

He tells my friend and says do not tell anyone (which he obviously does, as he tells me but thats it) and as much as I want to pop on here and go right we have signed xxxx, I can't because for all I know, my friend is the only person he has told. So if he tells one person and then it ends up on here, its not fair. 

I miss the days where I used to know about signings by walking to the shop and looking at the backpage of the Derby Telegraph.

59 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This is spot on. My friend knows someone who passes him info that has been 100% accurate so far.

From what I gather, he must know someone who works at moor farm either there or on the media team as he knows who we have signed and that they are in the building normally the day before its announced.

He tells my friend and says do not tell anyone (which he obviously does, as he tells me but thats it) and as much as I want to pop on here and go right we have signed xxxx, I can't because for all I know, my friend is the only person he has told. So if he tells one person and then it ends up on here, its not fair. 

I miss the days where I used to know about signings by walking to the shop and looking at the backpage of the Derby Telegraph.

Out of interest, when you were the resident ITK on this forum, were you detracted from sharing information by the posters who badger you for names/details and then simultaneously moan constantly about the accuracy of your info? Or did it not phase you?

If we have 2 or 3 fans who have some advanced knowledge about possible signings, I don't know why they come onto the forum, only to be subjected to criticism by the same few boring posters. If it was me I would keep what I've been told to myself and wait for the Club announcements.

Sod the moaners - let them stew in their ignorance.

19 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Out of interest, when you were the resident ITK on this forum, were you detracted from sharing information by the posters who badger you for names/details and then simultaneously moan constantly about the accuracy of your info? Or did it not phase you?

I used to get info off someone who knew someone close to Sam Rush, he wasn't bothered if I told anyone. So I would share.

It didn't bother me what people think as such, it just sums up how impatient people are now. People want signings now and want to know about everything before it happens. I miss the suprise element.

I remember getting told we were signing a midfielder from Real Madrid. I didn't share it on here cos I thought I'd get pelters and didn't see how it was possible. A few days later we signed Mascarell.

But now with the info coming from my friend who knows someone else, it would basically be my friend who gets into trouble. Also the person is clearly at Moor Farm or working in the media team so I wouldn't want to get that person in trouble either.

I think some people are desperate to be ITK. Like we'll get linked with players and they'll elaborate on it and make it sound like they know more.

Some of the stuff you see people say on here, basically say what out shopping list is and the only way they know that is if they work on the recruitment team or they are Paul Warne 🤣

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I heard we're going to sign some players who: Have two legs, are aged between 16 and 40, have been watching Euro24 and are willing to take the oath of loyalty to Paul Wrane's bobble hat.

You jest about the players having 2 legs, but with our track record of signings, with the likes of Embleton, John Jules and Elder, knowing the players have 2 legs kinda narrows it down a bit.