Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

8 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Looking through West Brom’s retained list, they have a huge amount of players out of contract and been offered or released.

karlan grant is one that caught my eye though, returning to them from a loan spell. Think could be a good option for a loan, doubt would cost much at the end of it. 

Pretty sure they took loans against their training facilities recently, which as we know heads one way.  I'd expect a much inferior squad their going forward after missing out this time. 

1 hour ago, WarCatDCFC said:

This the player's we be getting now right now the team we should be playing

Screenshot_20240522-164110.png

So you wouldn't have curtis Nelson in the team and get the snake bk at lb no thanks Wilson isn't a centre mid player and a bench with 2 lbs and no striker that team would get relegated from champ 

1 hour ago, O'hare is the goat said:

I would say @Ambitious is certainly on that wavelength

I've personally done this kind of stuff in football manager but never in real life!

I absolutely love Peterborough's approach to recruitment - the most underrated in the country. The wages they pay are surprisingly small and the talent they bring to the club, develop and make a profit on is fantastic. They seem to take a player every year from Barnet so by extension they're doing something right there too. 

Ironically, with the player in question, I've never seen him play, never heard of him until he signed for Peterborough. Watched his highlights and instantly knew that based on his profile and the simple fact Peterborough have signed him that there is a big chance he's a name to remember. 

I'm really not sure how they do it so consistently - for as long as I can remember they have had a healthy supply of attacking options. It's all credit to the chairman who has created an environment that works. He knows the limitations of the club's infrastructure so sets out a vision to create a platform for young players to showcase their ability and have a business model whereby they make profits on players. It's not as though it's always a high quality manager/head coach at the helm but they always seem to be consistent in being the highest scoring team and frankly entertaining team at their natural level, League One. 

I think for any young player with ability wanting to make his way up the pyramid then Peterborough is a fantastic option and they've proven that time and again.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would you rather he just said nothing?

Constantly responding to people like Trav with this sarcy comments is probably the reason why genuine ITKs on this forum don’t share information. 

Just chill and get excited for the window. If he’s right - great! If he’s wrong, no harm done. 

Who are the genuine ITKs? I am nicely chilled thanks 🥶 Excitement will grow, especially when the likes of Percy start linking us with players 👍

56 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've looked at his stats on Transfermkt, they're nothing to shout about, 9 goals in 42 Lg2 games last season, but only 4 goals in 77 Lg2 games over the previous 2 seasons. If Peterborough have spotted something there, full credit to them.

Ironically teams that focus on hard metrics like goals & assists often have to pay a premium and OFTEN get burnt by expensive fees, wages, etc. 

As Peterborough don't spend big on wages and can't go out and roll teams over with financial muscle that's why they focus on other metrics, usually what other clubs miss, and give player's a chance to develop. It's why for their relative size they're so successful. If we could replicate what they've done, but with our infrastructure then the potential of the club would be hugely exciting. 

Great team. I agree 100% with dropping Nelson from the entire squad. He was rubbish last season and hardly played. Have you ever thought of a career in elite level football?

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Pretty sure they took loans against their training facilities recently, which as we know heads one way.  I'd expect a much inferior squad their going forward after missing out this time. 

Wasn’t last season their last with a parachute payment as well?

Sam Nombe was a terrific example of a player not to sign, ironically. A big unit, who lacks speed, touch and mental attributes to play at a higher level. He would've scored goals for us in League One, I'm sure, but if there was a player use as an example of why we should avoid League One strikers following promotion - it would be him. 

Aaron Collins and Joe Taylor are the only two I've seen anything in. Collins because he's technically gifted enough to make the step up, although does lack quickness. Joe Taylor has that quickness and ability to get behind the lines. 

3 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Sam Nombe

25 age Rotherham United F.C.

He Had a bad season but I don't think it because of him.I put it down to the team he was playing for

41 Matches

Goals

Assists

Yellow cards

would he be a good as backup striker?

Please tell me your thoughts on this one

As much as a really dont rate Washington, I bet he would score same if not more than that. If we are bringing in a striker I would want them to be able to actually score goals. 

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sam Nombe was a terrific example of a player not to sign, ironically. A big unit, who lacks speed, touch and mental attributes to play at a higher level. He would've scored goals for us in League One, I'm sure, but if there was a player use as an example of why we should avoid League One strikers following promotion - it would be him. 

Aaron Collins and Joe Taylor are the only two I've seen anything in. Collins because he's technically gifted enough to make the step up, although does lack quickness. Joe Taylor has that quickness and ability to get behind the lines. 

Agreed on Taylor. With Luton coming down, I assume he will stay with them next season.

15 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Agreed on Taylor. With Luton coming down, I assume he will stay with them next season.

Yeah, it wouldn’t at all surprise me to see him go extremely well either. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Wasn’t last season their last with a parachute payment as well?

54 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They've since been taken over by an American investor, Shilen Patel

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68357597

40 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

Following on from BigTrav’s message - Daniel Iversen was shown around the training ground 2 weeks ago. The first team coaching staff & recruitment staff have been abroad in both Netherlands and Denmark, upon their return they have continued to show other players around. 

Any info on who?

5 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Sam Nombe

25 age Rotherham United F.C.

He Had a bad season but I don't think it because of him.I put it down to the team he was playing for

41 Matches

Goals

Assists

Yellow cards

would he be a good as backup striker?

Please tell me your thoughts on this one

Hi Paul - good of you to post, but if I'm honest I think a lot of people would prefer you to cast the net a bit wider than Rotherham for your transfer incomings over the summer.