Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

27 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Jonson Clarke-Harris from Peterborough just been released got to be a no brainer for me and played under Warne before

Josh Knight would be the one Posh player I’d be interested on a free. Can play defence and midfield, I think a player who can do both is a good fit for the middle of a back three as they can move forward as and when the play dictates.

He’s from the other side of Leicester, so if geography comes down to it we might have a good chance.

22 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Josh Knight would be the one Posh player I’d be interested on a free. Can play defence and midfield, I think a player who can do both is a good fit for the middle of a back three as they can move forward as and when the play dictates.

He’s from the other side of Leicester, so if geography comes down to it we might have a good chance.

Yes good shout wouldnt say no but i think he is still under contract

Just now, ramboy63 said:

Yes good shout wouldnt say no but i think he is still under contract

He’s out of contract but been offered a new deal by Posh. Nothing to stop other clubs offering him a more favourable one though.

He joined them when he was 23, so don’t believe they’d be due any compensation if he turned down their offer to go elsewhere either.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He’s out of contract but been offered a new deal by Posh. Nothing to stop other clubs offering him a more favourable one though.

He joined them when he was 23, so don’t believe they’d be due any compensation if he turned down their offer to go elsewhere either.

Yes just check and not on great money around 6K a week which would be doable 

A bit of a controversial one, but I'd love to see Ben Osborn at Derby.

Right age and very versatile, he can play in that Left Wing Back position or Centre Mid (both areas we need to strengthen).

Wages might be a sticking point however...

Looks like he'll be released by Sheffield Utd and he's definitely Championship standards.

I know he's an ex Red Dog and I know he scored that winner against us but he's a Derby lad and that's got to count for something, right???

Seen one 'story' online that QPR, ourselves and Leicester are 'keeping tabs' on 17 yo Rocco Friel, RB/RM from Hearts & that we were interested in January but couldn't pay the compensation amount because of the restrictions.

Don't know anything about him or whether the source is valid.

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

With a new manager and him having played in the first team,  January would be more likely depending on where we are.  New managers tend to hang on to players like band aids to give themselves the best chance of a good start,  even if it's just for cup match cameos.

He might get a chance in the summer to impress but I would fully expect him to go out on loan this summer. Klopp kept him in the end due to injuries but going into next season Bobby Clarke would be behind the following centre mids...

Endo

MacAllister

Szoboszlai

Gravenberch

Jones

Elliott

Bajcetic

Thats if they dont renew Thiago's deal too. So if they dont renew Thiagos deal Clarke will be 7th choice but I would imagine their new manager will bring in a Thiago replacement, so its likely Clarke will be 8th choice.

I can see us being back in for Clarke this summer. Hopefully Kaide Gordon, Lewis Koumas & Jayden Danns are on our radar from their academy too.

39 minutes ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Right age and very versatile, he can play in that Left Wing Back position or Centre Mid (both areas we need to strengthen).

Looks like he'll be released by Sheffield Utd and he's definitely Championship standards.

I know he's an ex Red Dog and I know he scored that winner against us but he's a Derby lad and that's got to count for something, right???

Not quite the right age as he will be 30 as the season starts, but would be great to cover so many positions. He is a Derby fan I believe despite his past so maybe he could fancy it. 

Max Lowe on a free from sheff United? Rumoured to be released?

Older player I know but Oliver Norwood also leaving he’d be good experience around the dressing room if Hourhaine leaves 

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Older player I know but Oliver Norwood also leaving he’d be good experience around the dressing room if Hourhaine leaves 

Max Lowe is injured more than the players we already have. 

2 hours ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Not quite the right age as he will be 30 as the season starts, but would be great to cover so many positions. He is a Derby fan I believe despite his past so maybe he could fancy it. 

Versatile player at the peak of his career, plenty of championship experience and a Derby lad. I can certainly get behind that if his wages are reasonable.

Yeah, I would definitely take Lowe back at Derby. He’s a decent championship player, on a free, at a decent age. He knows the club, obviously, left on good terms and would be welcomed back. 

He will get good wages wherever he goes, but would suit our current well. 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, I would definitely take Lowe back at Derby. He’s a decent championship player, on a free, at a decent age. He knows the club, obviously, left on good terms and would be welcomed back. 

He will get good wages wherever he goes, but would suit our current well. 

Injury prone and never cut it at SUFC or DCFC so no thanks 

6 hours ago, Topram said:

Max Lowe we can do much better I hope 

5 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Injury prone and never cut it at SUFC or DCFC so no thanks 

Agree with this bit.

He has England caps at 4 age groups and has two promotions from this league as a regular starter, he was also part of a Derby defence that didn't concede in 8 straight games so too say he can't play at this level I wouldn't agree with.  He was another that lost his way under Franks tutelage for a couple of years as he preferred motor mouth Malone and his 40 year old mate