Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Two players who I think Warne could be looking at on free transfers from Denmark.

Martin Frese, 26 year old left back. Seems like an all action full back with 6 goals and 3 assists this season

Stefan Thordarson, 25 year old midfielder with 9 goals and 2 assists for Silkeborg.

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi (potential loan signing). 

Rak-Sakyi has already enjoyed a productive loan spell, lighting up League One with Charlton Athletic. In the 2022/23 campaign, he plundered 15 goals and provided eight assists in 43 appearances.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

No. Louie Sibley is a better left back than Buchanan and he isn't even a left back! 

I think he is definitely one we should  consider. Young player with good positional flexibility (LB LWB and CB - in a 3, too short for a 4).  Allows Sibley to play in his correct position.

(also I can't say I agree that Sibley is a better LB )

2 hours ago, angieram said:

No. Louie Sibley is a better left back than Buchanan and he isn't even a left back! 

Wazza said Buchannon would play for the full England team before he turned 21. How could he be so way off the mark . 

We know Lee Buchannon can do a decent job at LB and he knows the club. I wouldn't want him back though after the way he looked to tear up his contract with us and jump ship. He wanted to go to Birmingham so he can stay there and in league One.

His ego is bigger than his talent.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You read that article too Oldben 😉

Accurate.

Although the probability of picking those potential names is fairly high given that it will be a small group of players that will even consider us as a newly promoted championship team, with potentially not very deep pockets (lack of funds) and the potential for a relegation dog fight just to stay in the championship.

3 minutes ago, northantsram said:

Dont know if he has been mentioned but Marc Leonard the CM who has been on loan at the cobblers for the last 2 seasons, he is out of contract at Brighton.

Brilliant young player with lots of potential.

Can he re sole a pair of Doc Martens ?

12 minutes ago, northantsram said:

Dont know if he has been mentioned but Marc Leonard the CM who has been on loan at the cobblers for the last 2 seasons, he is out of contract at Brighton.

Brilliant young player with lots of potential.

He has 1 year left on his contract but lots of rumours he’s allowed to leave for 300 thousand, hull and Sheffield United have been linked this week. 

22 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

He has 1 year left on his contract but lots of rumours he’s allowed to leave for 300 thousand, hull and Sheffield United have been linked this week. 

You'd like to think we have a reasonable enough proposition in terms of prospects and facilities.

Utd tho have parachute payments so can probably outbid any championship club that doesn't.....

Unlikely to be Linz though. Contracted til 2028, only extended a few months ago. AGF Aarhus, their opponents in the cup final, have numerous players of a good age out of contract this summer though if Transfermarkt are to be believed.