Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

The wrestling match in the  Shrewsbury penalty box was a disgrace. Absolute blocking off and body wrapping without any clue where the ball is .

If these tactics do not get addressed it will kill any set piece goals as nobody is getting anywhere near the ball  In the Premier league they have VAR to review stuff but even there they repeatedly refuse to give penalties for these offences.

Anywhere else in the pitch it’s a foul but in the box it’s ignored.

This all started with “ shepherding “ the ball out for a goal kick , which if done anywhere else in the pitch is obstruction. 
And they want to bring in blue cards for more dubious refereeing decisions.

For the love of god , do me a favour they can’t even see a blatant penalty in the box .

Anyway onto the next referee lottery at Exeter on Tuesday night 🐏

17 minutes ago, Idiakez said:

Can anyone tell me when our last good performance at home was? We’ve got a team with quality in abundance (for this level) and their instructions are get it out wide and cross. When that doesn’t work we’ve got nothing, even against a side like Shrewsbury who were quite clearly devoid of any quality whatsoever. Painful.

Barnsley 3:0

14 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Be nice if we had a different striker option off of the bench to play with or replace Collins …..

Apparently a lot of fans weren't bothered when we didn't sign a striker and are happy for us to put Barks up there.  A player that couldn't hit a barn door.  

Cannot believe that a team that look so devoid of ideas going forward can get promoted.  Been a season completely lacking in entertainment or excitement for me.   Was more enjoyable last season and I never thought I'd be saying that.

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

Apparently a lot of fans weren't bothered when we didn't sign a striker and are happy for us to put Barks up there.  A player that couldn't hit a barn door.  

Cannot believe that a team that look so devoid of ideas going forward can get promoted.  Been a season completely lacking in entertainment or excitement for me.   Was more enjoyable last season and I never thought I'd be saying that.

You've now reminded me of that Barks shot (?) 😂😂

Just now, Millenniumram said:

It’s not reactionary when we’ve thrown away 9 points in the last 3 minutes of home games. That’s a consistent problem.

You said we won't get promoted.

Want to know whose crystal ball you're borrowing that you can make that statement with so much certainty. 

34 minutes ago, Idiakez said:

Can anyone tell me when our last good performance at home was? We’ve got a team with quality in abundance (for this level) and their instructions are get it out wide and cross. When that doesn’t work we’ve got nothing, even against a side like Shrewsbury who were quite clearly devoid of any quality whatsoever. Painful.

Barnsley 🤔

Very frustrating, particularly given Bolton & Peterborough dropped points.

As others have mentioned, conceding late goals at home is becoming a recurring theme with this team. There seems to be a real reluctance to a) hold onto possession & b) slow the game down. We drop deeper when protecting leads at home & on the break, seem desperate to make the killer pass to score a deciding goal. Problem however is that the ball is often lost from the flick on/speculative ball/run into a load of their defenders...they then recycle the ball & come back at us with our defensive shape pulled out of position.

We can point to weak defending for the goal but we shouldn't be conceding the ball so easily in the first place. Get the ball on halfway line? Hold the bloody thing up & play it simple to move the team up the park. This is basic stuff we're not doing & it's going to cost us.