The Pitch

33 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Can’t believe how bad the pitch looked yesterday. Struggling to understand why gallons of water is then pumped onto the pitch pre-match. Doesn’t it make the pitch worse?

It was better than when Tommy Docherty decided to dump 10 tons of sand on the Baseball ground pitch, it was like Skeggy Beach. 

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

Watching Newport Vs Man United on the BBC, and even Newport's pitch looks better than ours. And they're a League 2 side who share with a rugby club. Something has definitely gone wrong with the pitch this season.

Watched the EFL highlights show last night and every single pitch appeared better than ours.

I say "appeared" as I thought Wembley was always pristine until I read somewhere that buckets of green sand were sometimes used to "enhance" the appearance in the 1970s

4 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I know the maintenance guy at PP. They haven’t been able to use the UV lamps as the pitch has been too wet. They are heavy units and would have left deep ruts on the pitch if wheeled on.   

Put some battens down , to run them on . The pitch is looking very brown 

17 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I know the maintenance guy at PP. They haven’t been able to use the UV lamps as the pitch has been too wet. They are heavy units and would have left deep ruts on the pitch if wheeled on.   

Strange how it's affecting us more than other clubs who are all having the same weather. Is it a drainage issue?

59 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Don't we have one of those high tech weaved pitches with modern drainage? How did we run them for last 10 years through winter?

It needs sorting, looks absolutely dreadful at the moment. Not that we actually play on the grass anyway, so it’s not affecting our performances - but it’s pretty embarrassing for a club of our stature to have a pitch in that state.

Groundsmen need to sort it out, and funds need to be in place to make it happen. We’re a professional outfit, not a Sunday league pub team.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It needs sorting, looks absolutely dreadful at the moment. Not that we actually play on the grass anyway, so it’s not affecting our performances - but it’s pretty embarrassing for a club of our stature to have a pitch in that state.

Groundsmen need to sort it out, and funds need to be in place to make it happen. We’re a professional outfit, not a Sunday league pub team.

Maybe Clowes likes to reminisce? 😄

Edited by RoyMac5