Finance

angieram

On 03/06/2024 at 21:23, Gringo said:

Speaking as an American, I find your comments about my fellow countrymen both offensive and grossly inaccurate, I would imagine your only dealings with Americans were buying a pint of Bud Light and scoffing a Big Mac

I've worked all over the US with many many Americans mate. I love your country and have made a lot of friends through work.

I've never understood anti american sentiments from some brits.  

9 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

I've worked all over the US with many many Americans mate. I love your country and have made a lot of friends through work.

Same here. I am doing a National Parks tour soon and look forward to making more new friends.

On 04/06/2024 at 14:16, StarterForTen said:

Talking of investment I see that Watford have today put 10% of their shares up for sale to raise £17.5m; ergo the club is valued at £175m.  That is for a Championship club with no more parachute payments and making losses (before playing trading) of over £20m per season.

Makes you wonder what DCFC is now worth?

Good point .If Rams are worth £175 mill the same as Watford , David Clowes has made himself a quick £100 million . There should be no problem finding the money for a run at the Prem. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Good point .If Rams are worth £175 mill the same as Watford , David Clowes has made himself a quick £100 million . There should be no problem finding the money for a run at the Prem. 

I think it depends if they actually manage to sell those 10% of shares. Until they find takers at that price it’s a bit like those eBay ads. Lots of things for sale at a price but how many bidders ?

Speaking as an American, I find your comments about my fellow countrymen both offensive and grossly inaccurate, I would imagine your only dealings with Americans were buying a pint of Bud Light and scoffing a Big Mac

Dear me, is saying I'm not a fan of American Business people really THAT offensive? I mean, I could have said EXACTLY what I think of the ones I've come across in business, but I decided to keep it polite. 

In one instance, we had to sue the State Department in a Washington court to get paid. That's how far up the chain the arrogance goes.

BTW, I wouldn't flush my bog with any kind of US Budweiser.

In terms of finance, investment, David Clowes, promotion, etc etc...

If Clowes purely rescued Derby to stop it going out of business and if he isn't the wealthiest of men in terms of running a football club, wouldn't it be far riskier him keeping hold of the club, rather than selling it on now in probably the healthiest state it has been in for many years?  That is a genuine question, rather than my opinion.

In an ideal world, Clowes keeps the club for a couple of years, invests minimally, achieves promotion, sells us to rich Arabs, makes himself a few quid and secures our long term future.

My worry, if he does keep us, we invest this year, finish mid-table, invest again the following year, finish 8th/9th, invest again, shot at the playoffs etc etc...meanwhile DC has to fund the losses.  He reaches a point where he can't invest anymore, decides to sell the club, but the club is now in 50 million debt and puts off potential buyers.

I would love to know what his thoughts and plans are, it is actually exciting whatever happens! Seeing as I never expected to get promoted last year, I am just happy to be here!

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Clowes purely rescued Derby to stop it going out of business and if he isn't the wealthiest of men in terms of running a football club, wouldn't it be far riskier him keeping hold of the club, rather than selling it on now in probably the healthiest state it has been in for many years?  That is a genuine question, rather than my opinion.

In an ideal world, Clowes keeps the club for a couple of years, invests minimally, achieves promotion, sells us to rich Arabs, makes himself a few quid and secures our long term future.

My worry, if he does keep us, we invest this year, finish mid-table, invest again the following year, finish 8th/9th, invest again, shot at the playoffs etc etc...meanwhile DC has to fund the losses.  He reaches a point where he can't invest anymore, decides to sell the club, but the club is now in 50 million debt and puts off potential buyers.

I would love to know what his thoughts and plans are, it is actually exciting whatever happens! Seeing as I never expected to get promoted last year, I am just happy to be here!

I think under DC we will be run so as to minimise losses. And to the extent there are losses I think they’ll be funded by equity or similar, I don’t think DC will want the club amassing debt. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Depends where the debt to fund the losses arises.

If they come from Clowes other companies, then he would just write them off prior to sale.

If externally funded then, yes, it will impact a future sale.

Alternatively, Clowes injects money into the club as equity every year to fund the losses, which is what MM was doing certainly until 30 June 2018.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The long-term strategy, seems to be the 3-10 year plan , that Warne spoke about .(sounds a bit like the Nigel , 5 year plan). I don’t think that the minimal investment from D C that you mention will achieve promotion to the Prem.

23 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

It goes both ways , have a look online its always brits and americans falling out haha 

On 06/06/2024 at 16:05, G STAR RAM said:

Depends where the debt to fund the losses arises.

If they come from Clowes other companies, then he would just write them off prior to sale.

If externally funded then, yes, it will impact a future sale.

Alternatively, Clowes injects money into the club as equity every year to fund the losses, which is what MM was doing certainly until 30 June 2018.

The Coates family who own Stoke (bet 365) do the same. 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The Coates family who own Stoke (bet 365) do the same. 

David Clowes and his brother may have inherited a good business but they are not going to blow £180 million like Mel did . I would imagine they have a budget and Warne is not the type of manager who will be banging on the door , demanding more money . 

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

David Clowes and his brother may have inherited a good business but they are not going to blow £180 million like Mel did . I would imagine they have a budget and Warne is not the type of manager who will be banging on the door , demanding more money . 

If anything, I think David Clowes would be banging on Paul's door asking "have you spent that money yet".

Just had a read of this it's basically spicing up a passing comment from the probable culture secretary but if they are looking at the 10% levy on Prem deals that will be interesting as that could raise some good capital for the ourselves and fellow Football League clubs. First thoughts are as most transfer deals are paid in instalments would it be stringent enough to be 10% of the entire fee because I see a clear loophole that Prem teams could exploit.

16 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Just had a read of this it's basically spicing up a passing comment from the probable culture secretary but if they are looking at the 10% levy on Prem deals that will be interesting as that could raise some good capital for the ourselves and fellow Football League clubs. First thoughts are as most transfer deals are paid in instalments would it be stringent enough to be 10% of the entire fee because I see a clear loophole that Prem teams could exploit.

Sir Kier as a Massive Arsenal fan but knows this sort of thing is a “vote winner”. The Prem is about to give £500 mill a year to the EFL but the main thing that distorts the Championship division is Parachute payments . That should be the first thing that needs looking at . 

Well I thought his comments were measured. Gave GSE due credit and pointed out the sharks. Americans are no different than the rest of us. Some good some bad, but on the other hand I don’t think we, or anyone else in Western Europe has anyone quite like Trump and apparently 40/50 % of Americans think he’s fit to be president of a nation of 300 million people and the most powerful armed forces on earth. Really ? And that’s from me who is pretty old fashioned and small c conservative.

I have liked most of the Americans I have met. Warm, welcoming, generous, enthusiastic but something is seriously off kilter in your nation right now. I hope it gets fixed for all our sakes. 

Prem fixtures just out . Florists are at home 1st game , as we start a week before , I think we will be at home as well on opening day . ( so we don’t clash during the season). Great to beat the likes of Leeds in front of a full house and get the undecided down to the office to get a Season ticket . Still be able to sign players so the extra cash would be helpful.

11 hours ago, jono said:

I have liked most of the Americans I have met. Warm, welcoming, generous, enthusiastic but something is seriously off kilter in your nation right now. I hope it gets fixed for all our sakes. 

I watch Cops Uncensored...Christ on a bike, I know we have our Neanderthals but in the USA the right to bear arms is crazy, The amount of USA citizens that will shoot to kill their police officers beggars belief, Of course the police shoot back and kill them...what do they expect 🤷‍♂️