Jake Young

Jimbo Ram

On 20/01/2024 at 14:05, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Remember his first match against Burton in a friendly.  Had about 5 sitters missed whilst Steve Davies looked a level above.  It was either nerves or he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.  Appears it was the cow scenario.

Yeh, but could put on a damn good party! 

Jake Young thread on the Bradford forum

Words of wisdom from Kevin 1954.

Derby are losing a ton of money just by existing. I struggle to see how they will be released from the financial restraints in August if they can’t prove funding is available to run the club on a day to day basis ?

Kevin has a friend called Borderlescott.

Yeah, agreed. They might want Young, but their circumstances prob count them out of the race as we can easily command an upfront fee from others. For the club its probably safer than loaning to Derby and seeing them reneging on a purchase agreement in August if they are in bother!

Kevin and his friend are *********.               (please insert own expletives) 👍🐏

4 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Derby are losing a ton of money just by existing. I struggle to see how they will be released from the financial restraints in August if they can’t prove funding is available to run the club on a day to day basis ?

Yeah, agreed. They might want Young, but their circumstances prob count them out of the race as we can easily command an upfront fee from others. For the club its probably safer than loaning to Derby and seeing them reneging on a purchase agreement in August if they are in bother!

Kevin and his friend are *********.               (please insert own expletives) 👍🐏

TBF the way Derby’s position is often described in the press it’s easy to see how these opinions are formed.

I will be surprised if we can meet our objectives in the window without letting some players go.

30 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

It seems Derby County can't win, a couple of weeks ago we were accused of buying our way to promotion and now the accusation is we have no money and would default on transfer fees!!!!!!!!! 

38 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

TBF the way Derby’s position is often described in the press it’s easy to see how these opinions are formed.

I will be surprised if we can meet our objectives in the window without letting some players go.

It depends whether DC can fund a 'forest' type gamble.

For accounting purposes, we don't need to balance the books until 30th June. If we don't get promotion, purchases in this month can be offset by sales in June. Bird would be on his way with a compensation fee, which is likely to be in excess of CBT type fees.

If we did get promotion, cash injection into the club would still be required, but I'm sure that this would be funded by the much bigger standard income from the following year, some way or another.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

It depends whether DC can fund a 'forest' type gamble.

For accounting purposes, we don't need to balance the books until 30th June. If we don't get promotion, purchases in this month can be offset by sales in June. Bird would be on his way with a compensation fee, which is likely to be in excess of CBT type fees.

If we did get promotion, cash injection into the club would still be required, but I'm sure that this would be funded by the much bigger standard income from the following year, some way or another.

Sounds like a Mel Morris type gamble to me. We know how that story ends. What if Bird picks up a serious injury between now and the end of the season? Let's not go there...