Jake Young

Jimbo Ram

23 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Much lower risk than Nick Blackman, and is a lot younger. Wouldn’t be against this personally

I meant the comparison as in signing someone purely off 1 good half season and nothing much else. It looks like Bradford are looking to sell while his price is inflated and I don’t blame them.

26 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I meant the comparison as in signing someone purely off 1 good half season and nothing much else. It looks like Bradford are looking to sell while his price is inflated and I don’t blame them.

Being 22 changes it though, some people just mature and come of age as a player. Blackman was much older.

5 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Being 22 changes it though, some people just mature and come of age as a player. Blackman was much older.

He could turn out to be a Langstaff type player, he was older than 22 when he found his scoring boots, but he’s drawn a blank in 16 of his 25 games. 16 goals in 9 games is incredible but his stats are heavily padded by a handful of matches.

So difficult to judge whether there’s real talent there. The defending and goalkeeping is so poor. In League One, only a handful of those goals would be scored.

He might make the step up, but it would be a risk. I’d back the guy who played for Arsenal over the guy who played for Swindon.

4 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

He’ll do for me!  Exactly the sort of player we should take a punt at and develop.  Won’t be the finished article but some of the goals he’s scored in the fairly long highlights real show massive potential.  

His obvious physicality is what impresses me. He's obviously at least 6' tall but is strong, quick and two footed. Get in quick Derby before someone like Peterborough or Brentford do 

18 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

He’ll do for me!  Exactly the sort of player we should take a punt at and develop.  Won’t be the finished article but some of the goals he’s scored in the fairly long highlights real show massive potential.  

Isn't this what people said about Bobby Duncan?! 

Thing is Young is one of those we never buy though isn't he? We can all see he's got potential, someone else will sign him for cheap then punt him on to a Champ club for 3-5m in a couple of years.