Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We might be winning but this has still been sloppy.

I don’t think it has, it’s been ok, not great but I wouldn’t say sloppy. They haven’t really threatened us, for me it’s our own timidity and hesitation that’s stopping us winning more convincingly. We’ve had more shots, more possession, more passes and more passing accuracy according to the stats I’ve read. Just need more conviction in the final third. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t think it has, it’s been ok, not great but I wouldn’t say sloppy. They haven’t really threatened us, for me it’s our own timidity and hesitation that’s stopping us winning more convincingly. We’ve had more shots, more possession, more passes and more passing accuracy according to the stats I’ve read. Just need more conviction in the final third. 

I'd like to see Tommo in the middle, our press has been poor. Sat far too deep and tried to play them on the counter. We've not controlled the ball anywhere near well enough.

Just now, caymanram said:

Ok- but not great. Glad we are winning but there seems a lack of zip with the team and the crowd…

But just so long as we win….

COYR !!!

(Still not sold on JJ…🤷)

I would be inclined to take him off and put Sibbo on and get more of a grip of the midfield.

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

Ok- but not great. Glad we are winning but there seems a lack of zip with the team and the crowd…

COYR !!!

(Still not sold on JJ…🤷)

JJ has started so we can say to Arsenal "let us have him longer, look, we start him and everything".

I expect him to go back to impact sub the second that extension is signed.

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

COYR !!!

(Still not sold on JJ…🤷)

Only his second start , has shown some neat stuff , wait till he's up to speed

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We look pretty anonymous in the middle of the pitch,any joy we get us coming from wide areas. Wayward passing and poor touches not helping.

Bird has been quiet...but we are deliberately avoiding the middle of the park where they the numbers and are attacking at will down the flanks.

Seems like a tactic that's working to me.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

I'd like to see Tommo in the middle, our press has been poor. Sat far too deep and tried to play them on the counter. We've not controlled the ball anywhere near well enough.

Fair, we’re not controlling the game completely, Thommo’s energy would be good. Would like to see Sibley get some good minutes, maybe for TJJ in that 10 role 

Just now, Chester40 said:

Bird has been quiet...but we are deliberately avoiding the middle of the park where they the numbers and are attacking at will down the flanks.

Seems like a tactic that's working to me.

See I’ve sat here thinking Bird is quietly having a decent game, he’s made some good recovery runs to help out the defence and played some neat passes to get us moving forward, guilty of hesitation at a point when he could have played Barkhuizen in down the right and by the time he made his mind up the pass was closed off. Would just love him to take the game by the scruff of the neck, like he did for a few mins away at Cheltenham