SPOTY

FindernRam

I think the BBC have a right nerve bigging up SPOTY given how little live sport they cover.

Then they compound it by having Lineker on it. 

Then they pick just six who we can vote for from an apparently woke agenda.

But the saddest thing, and its nothing to do with the BBC, is that when I spent a few idle minutes thinking about who I would have nominated I couldn't come up with anybody. As a nation we seem devoid of star quality winners. Even our top football teams are stuffed full of foreigners.

53 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I think the BBC have a right nerve bigging up SPOTY given how little live sport they cover.

But the saddest thing, and its nothing to do with the BBC, is that when I spent a few idle minutes thinking about who I would have nominated I couldn't come up with anybody. As a nation we seem devoid of star quality winners. Even our top football teams are stuffed full of foreigners.

I have a suggestion. I know that this might give you less to moan about but how about ignoring Sports Personality of the year?

Edited by AndyinLiverpool

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

I think this just makes the deadline for funniest opening post of the year. Some people will not spot the satire, more fool them. I salute you.

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Who picks the 6? It's not just the BBC.

As you don't want Lineker on there, I'm not sure you can accuse others of having an agenda.

Hilarious that you have no alternatives.

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

From the 'England Football' Website:

'The industry panel for this year’s BBC Sports Personality of the Year included former Lioness and Euro 2022 winner Ellen White, ex-Olympian Colin Jackson, Paralympian Ellie Simmonds and former Scotland rugby union international Chris Paterson.

Sports journalists David Coverdale (Daily Mail), Rob Maul (The Sun) and Charlotte Harpur (The Athletic) were on the panel alongside Olympian Katherine Grainger, now Chair of UK Sport.

Representing the BBC were director of sport Barbara Slater, head of sport content Philip Bernie and Sports Personality of the Year executive producer Gabby Cook.'

I don't know about you but I'm sick of the woke agenda pushed by the Daily Mail and the Sun.

4 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Someone's had a glass of Snowball

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Ah, Wokism. It must really piss you off, hearing that schools are going to teach BSL to GCSE level.