Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

Just now, Jourdan said:

You have to wonder what’s changed.

After Stevenage away, Warne and the boys looked like a half eaten Irish breakfast.

In fairness, when you get soundly beaten by a Steve Evans side, it will lead even the most positive people down a road of introspective despair.

Now if we win our next two home games, we could go into the festive period v Wigan, Oxford and Peterborough as the form team in the division and on the cusp of the top two.

I can’t wait for Lincoln at home. My fiancée will be leading the chants of ‘If you love Paul Warne, jump around.’ when we are 4-0 up.

NML hit form, then Korey Smith got injured. There’s two decent reasons. But you’re right, the attitude and application has improved. 

2 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Just ignore the bit where you said any other club would laugh at our squad then. Clearly they wouldn't.

You'll have to humour me and show me where I have said that any other team in our league would laugh at our squad...or did you just make that up to suit your point?

11 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

I agree with all that. I said we have a squad of average players, which I stand by. For this league, that is all that is required.

A group of average players for this division by definition will get you somewhere in the middle. By any statistical analysis you care to name, fifth is significantly higher than average. 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Alas and alack, this is one of the fixtures I have got on my patch..... however, I am writing this post from Carlisle Bay in Barbados having been hectored into another 2 week Caribbean cruise.

So I will try to follow through free WiFi whilst sipping rum punch and spotting sea turtles through a glass bottom. At least I think that's what the tour company promised.....

That is not going to be a good look on-board a packed cruise ship. 😳

11 minutes ago, S6 boy said:

A group of average players for this division by definition will get you somewhere in the middle. By any statistical analysis you care to name, fifth is significantly higher than average. 

Not in a league full of average players.

If an entire league is full of average players, the team that wins out is likely the team that has the work ethic, the team that is set up the best, and the team that plays with belief.

Do you seriously believe that League One is full of players that are better than average? That is why they are playing in an average league is it not?

This is the reason why we are able to achieve results with average performances as that is all it takes to win games in an average league.

Edited by CongletonRam

Well, not the best of displays but 3 points is 3 points.

55% possession, 13 shots to their 8, 9 on target to their 2 are the stats. However, this game has me worried. A better side would have probably beaten us. So often they got past us on our right. Exposing Ward's defensive frailty?. Less fortunate on our left as they had little success there. Some success over and behind the centre halves. They had a succession of chances that they simply couldn't take. One, at 0-0, was one I'd have been angry with myself about, the ball hitting the non-striking leg and being cleared.

We simply can't give that many decent chances away and get away with it.

Wonderful finish from Sibs. Well worked NML goal on the break and idem ditto with Barks' goal. 3 good goals.

The red? Not seen it from the aerial angle Shaun Barker and Owen Bradley saw it from but that view convinced both of them that it was an elbow and thus a deserved red. Down to 10 men they had way too many chances to score and failed.

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

Well, not the best of displays but 3 points is 3 points.

55% possession, 13 shots to their 8, 9 on target to their 2 are the stats. However, this game has me worried. A better side would have probably beaten us. So often they got past us on our right. Exposing Ward's defensive frailty?. Less fortunate on our left as they had little success there. Some success over and behind the centre halves. They had a succession of chances that they simply couldn't take. One, at 0-0, was one I'd have been angry with myself about, the ball hitting the non-striking leg and being cleared.

We simply can't give that many decent chances away and get away with it.

Wonderful finish from Sibs. Well worked NML goal on the break and idem ditto with Barks' goal. 3 good goals.

The red? Not seen it from the aerial angle Shaun Barker and Owen Bradley saw it from but that view convinced both of them that it was an elbow and thus a deserved red. Down to 10 men they had way too many chances to score and failed.

Yes, fully agree with that Mad though apparently we could and should have won by 5 or 6.

Amazing how some see things differently.

13 minutes ago, S6 boy said:

So by this logic, when people were calling for Warne's head and we were sat in 9th, the people saying we did not have a top 6 squad must have been right at the time?

Of course that's tongue in cheek and the reality is that its probably better off waiting the season before judging how good or bad the team is...

2 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Yes, fully agree with that Mad though apparently we could and should have won by 5 or 6.

Amazing how some see things differently.

Well we did win 3-0 and missed a couple of good chances.

So we could have easily won 5-0.

On the other flip of the coin they missed a couple of chances too.

28 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

You'll have to humour me and show me where I have said that any other team in our league would laugh at our squad...or did you just make that up to suit your point?

Are you going senile?

"If any other clubs had our squad, you would look at it, laugh and ridicule them for having a team full of average players"

Laughing at the squad. Laughing at how average it is. Same difference. Stop trying to wriggle out of it.

Most teams in the league would love to have our squad. We have players who can do things those at other clubs can't, who have the quality to force and take advantage of the mistakes made by the opposition - when we make mistakes pretty much every team we face doesn't have the quality to take advantage.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely anyone talking about the team not playing for Warne now realise they are talking rubbish. I wasn’t at the game but the amount of players sprinting forward for that final effort was remarkable considering we were already 3:0 up.

True but he still isn't giving any minutes to the under 16s?

Early on when Oxford merely messed with us there was a feeling that we were miles off where we should be to challenge at the top. Frustration was increased by glimpses of what the team was capable of before crashing back to the dreadful stuff that typified the first part of the season, and the “Warne-outers” hit maximum volume after Crewe and Stevenage - quite rightly, because we were terrible. We were watching players getting more in a week fir under achieving than many fans earn in an entire year for working hard for 40 - 60 hours a week, and who, if they under achieved like our beloved footballers would be out of work in no time.

The vocal criticism if Warne and his tactics surfaced, but a week or so layer we started on this terrific run. And the difference? Some point to Smith being unavailable, which might have a bearing because our pace and tempo is much higher. But mainly we have started to play football on the floor, and we are involving our midfield. Which us all the disgruntles fans were asking for.

There is still more needed, but today we reaped the benefits of playing football instead if embarking on an aerial bombardment without any missiles.

To my eyes, and to his credit, it seems that Paul Warne has listened to the criticism and changed how were are doing things.

So in an even first half we could have been two down, but could just easily ended up 3-2 ahead. The red card helped us, but without hitting any peaks we ended up comfortable winners, even allowing fir the numerical advantage.

Well done you Rams!

1 minute ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Are you going senile?

"If any other clubs had our squad, you would look at it, laugh and ridicule them for having a team full of average players"

Laughing at the squad. Laughing at how average it is. Same difference. Stop trying to wriggle out of it.

Not wriggling out of anything.

You're just trying to adapt what I am saying to suit your argument.

I started a thread on our 'average' squad a while back based on many on here suggesting that out squad should walk this league. I said that our squad is at best average and had no divine right to be dominating this league.

I stand by that, Now that the squad has had time to settle, we are starting to produce results, but if we did go up, the average make up of the squad would need improving as it wouldn't do much in a higher level but that is rather stating the obvious.

7 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Not wriggling out of anything.

You're just trying to adapt what I am saying to suit your argument.

I started a thread on our 'average' squad a while back based on many on here suggesting that out squad should walk this league. I said that our squad is at best average and had no divine right to be dominating this league.

I stand by that, Now that the squad has had time to settle, we are starting to produce results, but if we did go up, the average make up of the squad would need improving as it wouldn't do much in a higher level but that is rather stating the obvious.

Correct. You most certainly aren't wriggling out of it. At least not successfully.