Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

Well I am going with visiting nephew, half fan who really supports Luton and is slumming it after going to Old Trafford where the away support sang we’ll follow you back to London 🤣

Anyway, wet Tuesday replay against unfashionable opponents, times are tough so anything over 5k isn’t the end of the world. Looking forward to seeing some of the young guns

41 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Happily pop down for the game if I lived in Derby but a three hour drive, road closures and getting back about 12:30 for this type of game on a winter’s night just doesn’t appeal. Will listen on the radio 😊

Same here I'm afraid. Tonight anyway. 

35 minutes ago, jono said:

Well I am going with visiting nephew, half fan who really supports Luton and is slumming it after going to Old Trafford where the away support sang we’ll follow you back to London 🤣

Anyway, wet Tuesday replay against unfashionable opponents, times are tough so anything over 5k isn’t the end of the world. Looking forward to seeing some of the young guns

Until last season it was possible to buy our own season ticket seat for cup games and in that scenario I could persuade two or three of our group of six to come along. I'd say that around half of the people sat around us would be season ticket holders that we talk to and in some cases people that we've known for almost twenty years. Going on your own with no guarantee that someone sat next to you isn't gong to be a bit of an ar5e isn't so appealing. I did try that last season in the North Satnd for the West Brom game which was ok but the North Stand hasn't been open since for cup games when the West Stand is closed. I've only sat in the East Stand a couple of times and the last time was for beamback when someone threatened to lamp me for sitting in his seat (turns out he'd got his numbers mixed up).

Plus I've just forked out £120 for a trip to Leyton Orient.

2 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I checked on https://liveonsat.com/

The only replay being shown is the Horsham v Barnsley game

Think you may be correct, no coverage of this game anywhere globally just seems weird, right?! I get restrictions in the UK to maybe encourage more people who can attend in person to do so, but surely streaming it in the US or Europe would be a potential revenue source for the FA and the clubs

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Or they would desperately like to be there but perhaps have had many midweek games lately, live away from Derby, have jobs and family commitments and are also perhaps cash-strapped at the moment

1 hour ago, archram said:

B4 would have explained how you could reorganise your finances so you could afford to go!! Missing him is almost a physical pain. RIP.

I was just thinking, after reading that first post from @CBRammette, wouldn't it be lovely for "someone" to come on and suggest moving house/resigning/ringing in sick/getting a second job/robbing a bank/syphoning someone's fuel tank after dark/sneaking out of the house under the pretence of nipping out for a bottle of milk!

Just a bit more B4, and we could soon have a crowd of 25,000... at least!  

😉🐏

38 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Think you may be correct, no coverage of this game anywhere globally just seems weird, right?! I get restrictions in the UK to maybe encourage more people who can attend in person to do so, but surely streaming it in the US or Europe would be a potential revenue source for the FA and the clubs

I suppose it all  depends on the license agreement that the FA has with the TV channels. Perhaps ITV thought that the Horsham game would be more entertaining than the Derby game, I can’t imagine why they would think such a thing 😂😂🐏

2 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Happily pop down for the game if I lived in Derby but a three hour drive, road closures and getting back about 12:30 for this type of game on a winter’s night just doesn’t appeal. Will listen on the radio 😊

And that’s not including the possibility of extra time & penalties. 

6 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Any reason why Nyambe and Fornah aren't in the squad? 

Nyambe and Fornah international call ups.
Mendez-Laing, TJJ, Washington, Rooney and Thompson all either injured or on the comeback trail from injury with this game coming too soon.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nyambe and Fornah international call ups.
Mendez-Laing, TJJ, Washington, Rooney and Thompson all either injured or on the comeback trail from injury with this game coming too soon.

Is there a timeframe on tjj yet? Looked good in the very brief times he’s played.