Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I suspect you may well be right but do we, or RD, really know what PW said to the player? I wonder if he said them ALWAYS try to get it wide and cross it? 

He’s told us several times in interviews that it is what he wants. He has also admitted that he prefers to by-pass our midfield. And against Cheltenham - remember them? No goals or points (or was it just one point?) Warne said that their midfield kept getting over-run so were likely to pack the midfield with players so we will simply go around it. We had a wide open door to go for their jugular, and had been given a surgeon’s throat-knife to get the job done, but we put it back in the kitchen drawer and took a butter knife with us instead.

After supporting the Rams for nearly 60 years and seen all the fantastic glory days I never would have imagined that two non league clubs in Derbyshire would progress further in the FA Cup than Derby County.Its truly shocking how far this once mighty club has fallen...it's lowest ebb since 1888..how thoroughly depressing.The only way is up.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

Radio Derby - "I'm surprised the Derby fans are surprised"

It’s the tale of our season so far, ironically the complete opposite to last season where we struggled with the team’s around us but were clinical against the teams who struggled to offer players more than Motorpoint can offer sales staff. 

I’m not entirely sure why, either. 

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Noticed a lack of a certain poster tonight, despite being happy to call you out for not posting enough at the weekend.

It's predictable though and why bother. We're not going anywhere as a footballing team under Warne. I was so disappointed but not surprised when tonight RD talked about Warne going on about how much players ran against Barnsley. Whatever.

Here's hoping we get promotion this season.

I semi expected a half-arsed performance tonight based on the fact that we've really struggled against the poorer sides this season. What I didn't expect is to see absolutely no youth whatsoever in the starting line-up.

On Saturday the game was over after around 65 minutes. Barnsley had given up, we were in complete control and carving them open at every opportunity. Perfect opportunity to give Weston or Robinson some minutes who would be on a high after the midweek game. We see neither. Okay, perhaps he's saving them for the FA cup game midweek I naively think to myself. We see neither again and instead only see Fapetu for 7 minutes in a desperate, panicked double substitution with Bradley as a last roll of the dice.

No Brown who is on fire in the academy, no Weston who scored for the senior team last week, no Robinson who has Prem clubs sniffing after him, instead we go for a 6'5 CB who we can rifle in diagonal crosses too. It's such a negative, backwards decision that genuinely makes me fear for the academy under Warne. Why would you choose to come here as a youngster when the manager won't even give a couple a chance in a game against league two opposition?

Losing tonight with half a team of kids would have meant nothing tonight. We would have dusted ourselves off and said oh well our focus is on the league. Instead our first team gets comprehensively beaten, the knives are out for Warne again, the fans are annoyed and our youngsters miss out on vital experience. A masterclass in mismanagement.