Tony Weston

silverback

watched the EFL game v Wolves last night (with the other 5 who could be bothered) Warne went with 2 upfront with Collins and Brown  who just kept getting in each others way.

Then a sub was brought on and how he changed the dynamic only about 5' nowt but superb control and so pacy and imagine this (he knows where the goal is 😉)

Well played young man, a low COG player in the mould of the late Franny Lee and a  pleasure to watch .Once he bulks up a bit he will be someone to watch. What a shame you all missed it (cue excuses)

He did well. I'd seen a highlights reel of him previously but hadn't credited him with that burst of pace. He looked sharp, technically decent and has some guile. I reckon he could cause some problems in League One and along with Robinson is probably the nearest to being ready (although I'd love to see Fapetu progress as he looked both skillful and fearless!)

He did look quality but I thought Fapetu was the pick, closely followed by Darren Robinson, especially when he went alongside Elder at Centre Half.  Cox looked very assured at only 17 putting in a lovely cross which Wilson nearly profited.  Wheeldon looks a talent and Cruz Allen, at 16 showed some neat touches and nearly scored.

It's really refreshing seeing the youngsters coming through again and not looking out of place, (I know it's 'only' Wolves U21's), especially after seeing the vultures pick off all our previous talent.

As you said, some of them, including Tony Weston are ones to watch and hopefully they will get a few more opportunities.

Cheers

Gangway D from the Terrace 

It was entertaining watching the youngsters playing last night, it’s a pity that the academy games cannot be played prior to the first team games on a Saturday. I am sure it would attract supporters into the ground early and would create a wider interest in those up and coming players, the additional game might also sell a few more pies and pints. 

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that I believe Tony Weston will single-handedly fire us back in to the Premier League within three seasons.

Is he going to have a season off?

10 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

With Brown playing in the U-18s Cup and Waghorn presumably not yet fit I suspect he will be on the bench today. A well earned place in the squad too if he is.

Think when he signed he made no secret that his ambition was first team ASAP.

14 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

With Brown playing in the U-18s Cup and Waghorn presumably not yet fit I suspect he will be on the bench today. A well earned place in the squad too if he is.

Brown was subbed pretty early yesterday, so wouldn’t be shocked if he is on the bench again. I’d put them both on there if we can. Deserves a reward for the performance. 

On 09/11/2023 at 09:15, GangwayD said:

He did look quality but I thought Fapetu was the pick, closely followed by Darren Robinson, especially when he went alongside Elder at Centre Half.  Cox looked very assured at only 17 putting in a lovely cross which Wilson nearly profited.  Wheeldon looks a talent and Cruz Allen, at 16 showed some neat touches and nearly scored.

It's really refreshing seeing the youngsters coming through again and not looking out of place, (I know it's 'only' Wolves U21's), especially after seeing the vultures pick off all our previous talent.

As you said, some of them, including Tony Weston are ones to watch and hopefully they will get a few more opportunities.

Cheers

Gangway D from the Terrace 

We need to get them tied to longer contracts , I think some of them run out next year as we were under restrictions as to lengths of contracts we could offer. (Cue all the sharks and vultures again ! )

51 minutes ago, Srg said:

Brown was subbed pretty early yesterday, so wouldn’t be shocked if he is on the bench again. I’d put them both on there if we can. Deserves a reward for the performance. 

Brown played the full 90 in te FA Youth Cup last night so I'd be surprised if he was on the bench against Barnsley. Weston is too old for the Youth Cup so he hasn't played since Wednesday and doesn't have an U21 game till next weekend. I think he'll be on the bench today.

2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Brown played the full 90 in te FA Youth Cup last night so I'd be surprised if he was on the bench against Barnsley. Weston is too old for the Youth Cup so he hasn't played since Wednesday and doesn't have an U21 game till next weekend. I think he'll be on the bench today.

He didn’t. Subbed after 57mins for Wheeldon.