Tony Weston

silverback

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

I stand corrected. Still don't think he'll be on the bench... including injury time he played an hour yesterday by my reckoning.

Let’s face, it he’d only ever play 10 mins max today anyway. You’re probably right anyway, if you’ve got a bench with Collins, Weston, Ward, Vickers, Bradley, Fornah and Wilson, there’s no space. (Feel free to switch Fornah for Smith and Bradley for Cashin). 

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

To hell with it, I'd start him!

Think he is exactly what we’ve been missing upfront. Warne was a bit sharp with Dom D when asked if Weston was near to the first team. I think he said nearer than he was before the game. Personally I would have 3 youngsters on the bench for every game. 

Just now, DiggerB said:

Would never have got on before Sibley. Tony’s time will come, perhaps at some point on Tuesday night?

I think he should have come on, but, and I guess we will find out, I sense with all the injuries Warne was going on about, he is kinda banking on Weston playing on Tuesday. With Waghorn, JJ, Waghorn and Brown all unavailable for Tuesday, it would make more sense. 

After the first 10 minutes of the second half, it was obvious that the players on the pitch weren't doing enough to get themselves back into the game. Warne should have not only brought on Weston, he should have also given Robinson, Brown and Fapetu, 30 minutes to see how they performed.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

After the first 10 minutes of the second half, it was obvious that the players on the pitch weren't doing enough to get themselves back into the game. Warne should have not only brought on Weston, he should have also given Robinson, Brown and Fapetu, 30 minutes to see how they performed.

Warne failed to energise the team at HT should have put on Fapetu, Weston and Cox. 

For all of the criticisms of Warne and there are lots, the way he has chosen to manage the emergence of Weston is the biggest concern to me.

When Derby went 3 up against Barnsley it meant we could reward 1 or 2 of the youngsters who performed so well against Wolves, Weston being the main one.  A goal and an assist, I am sure he would have been chomping at the bit to add to this.

The fact he brought Bradley et al on, the same players who fail week in week out, flogging the same dead horse time and time again, shows just how much he values the kids and how much faith he has in them.

It is inexplicable that he didnt chuck Weston on for at least 10 minutes against Barnsley and tell him to go enjoy himself.

If nothing else, he could grow to become a sellable asset that we could use to recoup the money we have lost from being out of both cups in the first round.

Just now, oomarkwright said:

Would seem that a 3 month loan to a league 2 club would be good for him if Warne is not going to bother playing him. 

Rather he stayed here and got game time he is 20 already been on loans when at Rangers. The lad is hungry to succeed and we need his type of fox in box player not the Collins/Waggy/Washington mould.