January Reinforcements

sage

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Fair enough, I hadn't seen that.

I remember last year he tweeted near the end to essentially say nothing was happening, but it's all been pretty quiet with 'official' reports.

In fairness, all he’s saying is that he doesn’t know 

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Leigh Curtis isn't confident:

image.png.d915a37692460a3dd34bcb6f9215937e.png

It does make sending Brown out on loan baffling. I'm pretty sure we've loaned people out to the National League outside of transfer windows before, so presumably we could simply have waited to have bodies in before agreeing a deal. Even when TJJ was fit, Brown was still also getting on the bench. An 18 year old academy product isn't the answer to our striking issues at this time, but he could have been one of the pieces in the jigsaw.

In some ways it’s been a good window - CBT, Adams and securing Bird to seasons end. But, if no striker is incoming, it does feel like a massive missed opportunity given the league position we are in.

Surely there’s someone in a Premier U21 team who could do with league experience, or a fringe Championship striker than needs some game time? 

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If only we had a whole month to sort it and not just 24 hours!

Yeah but that's the point. If we're reliant on other players going out first and we only get a bid within the last 24 hours then it doesn't really leave us with many options, as we're now seeing. Players we were interested in aren't going to hang around on the off-chance that we might find a spare fiver down the back of the sofa.

In hindsight we should probably have prioritized a striker over another winger, and used the creative payment method there if we could.

Edited by StaffsRam

Just now, Topram said:

Absolutely bloody pathetic what a farce 

Sorry but we’ve had all January to get a striker in!!

I know we have Waggy and Wash but does anyone really think they’ll play a lot this season now …will take both of them time to get up to speed and could cost us big time !!!

Just now, S8TY said:

Sorry but we’ve had all January to get a striker in!!

I know we have Waggy and Wash but does anyone really think they’ll play a lot this season now …will take both of them time to get up to speed and could cost us big time !!!

Wash was back on the grass today, if that helps any.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

In fairness, all he’s saying is that he doesn’t know 

In that case, if something does happen then we're keeping our cards extremely close to our chest, if anyone is coming in, it'll have to be nearly complete by now, even to get to the stage of getting the deal sheet in on time so it can be completed slightly after.

Another thing I find strange is that if Max Bird has been sold, why announce it so late without an incoming? I know he'll still be here on loan, so we're not "losing" him as such, but announcing a sale and nothing else at the very last minute is only going to bring negativity.

I know we have restrictions etc but the club know more than us….deal with it …and cut your cloth accordingly!! Having 1 fit striker is nowhere near good enough and other teams will know that 

god help us now if Collins gets injured ….farcical it really is