January Reinforcements

sage

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Bold are more likely ones - we know there's been interest in Weston, and a midfielder in last night would hint at the rest.

Sibley though, is currently our best available left (wing) back. Elder's close, but not likely to be back for Charlton on Saturday if we're still working on the 10 days.

Other than Robinson, the rest of the U21s are unlikely to get EFL loans so we can still send them out to the National League (or lower) later in the season. The club will be reluctant to weaken the U21 too much. Whilst results haven't improved as much as we'd have liked, performances have improved considerably. We've been undeservedly beaten in a few games, including agaisnt Forest the other night - it took 2 red cards and an injury time goal for them to beat us. We haven't been beaten by more than a single goal since September, and that was the last of only 3.

18 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Taking it from this that a midfielder is going, Smith or Fornah?

In some semblance of order based on PW's likely preference for CM

1. Bird

2. Hourihane

3. Thompson

4. Adams

5. Smith

6. Fornah

7. SIbley?

8. Robinson or Fapetu

I would have though midfielder could also include the likes of Ward

47 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The deadline is 11pm tonight, maybe we should all wait until 11:01pm to fully panic.

EDIT - also on your point about everyone not being convinced by our one fit striker…. I am 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

Have been a fan of Collins since he signed, he’s hard working and scores goals as he has done all his career. 18 and counting for the season, 13 in the league, I’m convinced.

Probably need to wait until midnight for late registrations to go through 😊

7 minutes ago, Rample said:

In some semblance of order based on PW's likely preference for CM

1. Bird

2. Hourihane

3. Thompson

4. Adams

5. Smith

6. Fornah

7. SIbley?

8. Robinson or Fapetu

I would have though midfielder could also include the likes of Ward

Deleted

Edited by trappatoni
Missed Smith!

Adams. I know absolutely zero about the lad. Is he the "put yer foot in and win the ball and then give it to someone who can play" type we've been lacking?

People need to give him time, we all know that. We also all know that he will get hammered online if he isn't Messi in disguise in the first 5 minutes of his debut.

9 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Not really a new name 

He said he thinks it's a new name. Fraser is just one that has come up, but not as often as others like Smith, Gregory, Clarke-Harris etc.

Anyway, although he has a good goal involvement to minutes ratio at Wolves, I'm not sure an 18 year old rookie will be what we need right now.

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

2 striker targets - ones a small fee + ones loan ( Prem - heard three names that it  could be)

1-4 players possibly going out - most likely ward and or fornah 

Sounds like a busy day. Care to share the names you heard?

9 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

2 striker targets - ones a small fee + ones loan ( Prem - heard three names that it  could be)

1-4 players possibly going out - most likely ward and or fornah 

Can you share the 3 names 🙏🏻