January Reinforcements

sage

On 24/01/2024 at 07:39, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's just a very typical January window to be fair.

We got ourself within touching distance of top 2, a couple of good signings and we could have kicked on.

But, just like last year, we fail to strengthen the areas we need. 

Within a couple of weeks top 2 is looking a tough ask and even Barnsley behind us are a point behind with a game in hand. We have arsed it up Big time.

Our number 1 striker target, we can't afford 🤣 ridiculous.

Could it be that DCFC do not yet feel ready to go up to the Championship ? NML has a contract now until he is 34 . Are players like him and the ones we are looking at we are looking at - going to be good enough for the Championship ? Hull have just taken Ryan Giles from Luton , with an option to buy for £5 million . That’s what we would be up against .

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Could it be that DCFC do not yet feel ready to go up to the Championship ? NML has a contract now until he is 34 . Are players like him and the ones we are looking at we are looking at - going to be good enough for the Championship ? Hull have just taken Ryan Giles from Luton , with an option to buy for £5 million . That’s what we would be up against .

The club have stated the aim is to get promoted. No L1 club has a ready made squad for the Championship, but we have a summer transfer window to prepare.
Hull are chasing promotion, so what they're spending is of insignificance to our first season back in the Championship. What are mid-table sides spending? What about those battling relegation? 

51 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The club have stated the aim is to get promoted. No L1 club has a ready made squad for the Championship, but we have a summer transfer window to prepare.
Hull are chasing promotion, so what they're spending is of insignificance to our first season back in the Championship. What are mid-table sides spending? What about those battling relegation? 

Ipswich ?

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Is that the ipswich that playex really good football when they were in league 1 but league 1 is so bad you cant play good football? Yes i think i can remember them 🤣

Ipswich played successful football, but I wouldn't call it aesthetically "good" in the way that Warne's critics think we should be playing. Nearly half of their assists came from their wingbacks (get it out wide and cross it - sound familiar?)

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Ipswich played successful football, but I wouldn't call it aesthetically "good" in the way that Warne's critics think we should be playing. Nearly half of their assists came from their wingbacks (get it out wide and cross it - sound familiar?)

Agreed, I don't remember Ipswich playing pretty football at all either. I do remember them being very physical and that Lee Evans should have been sent off when they beat us 1-0 though. That physicality in the middle of the park is what we're lacking right now, and is likely the reason they looked more effective while employing similar tactics. 

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The play with a style! They achually use there midfield get playere in the box to score goals our striker is so isolated he goes looki for the ball and ends up out wide they also dont have every attack out wide they mix it up

45 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My mate is from Ipswich and says they are a joy to watch under McKenna. Similar to Saints under Martin. That’s how I want the Rams to play, like under Mac and George #thatsentertainment

They've got a 57% win rate under McKenna - of course they're a joy to watch.

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

He's played a blinder so far, get him in. Might be a tad expensive mind as his wage demands are significant and I fear he won't be as quick across the ground as our current left winger.

Might find it difficult getting to the game as for some inexplicable reason the trains are unreliable.

17 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

He's played a blinder so far, get him in. Might be a tad expensive mind as his wage demands are significant and I fear he won't be as quick across the ground as our current left winger.

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Might find it difficult getting to the game as for some inexplicable reason the trains are unreliable.

But at least he'll make sure the ticket office is open

Losing TJJ has got to be horrible for our negotiating position. Everyone knew we needed a striker, but now we're desperate. Queue every club we enquire at doing a Wednesday and asking for silly loan fees on top of wage contributions. We already had to pay the Derby tax because everyone either thinks we're loaded or about to go bust.