January Reinforcements

sage

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

As I've said above, Charlton can transfer CBT to Derby during the summer transfer window and crucially before his contract expires at Charlton. So, if all parties are happy, I don't see any problems.

Like others I wonder whether the agreement between the clubs is the 300k loan fee with an obligation to buy for £0 in the summer. I wasn't aware that clubs could offer pre contract agreements to players in England at this early in the year. This way he just becomes a permanent derby player when the transfer opens, as opposed to his contract at Charlton expiring. 

Edited by Chesterfield_Ram

24 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’d be tempted to sacrifice bird if it meant getting more quality in other areas 

It could be an interesting approach. If the club have a set amount available to spend, they could sell Bird then bring in 2 decent league 1 players who could push on in the championship. Despite not being a fan of Bird playing alongside Hourihane, I feel a bit more comfortable knowing what Bird is capable of instead of players unproven in a Warne system.

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’d be tempted to sacrifice bird if it meant getting more quality in other areas 

I would too if it meant say getting Brannagan from Oxford  and another CM like Arblaster I'd take it as much as a lot love Bird , he's not the strongest i'm afraid and do think our midfield needs refreshing I'd also let Sibley go 

35 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I would too if it meant say getting Brannagan from Oxford  and another CM like Arblaster I'd take it as much as a lot love Bird , he's not the strongest i'm afraid and do think our midfield needs refreshing I'd also let Sibley go 

Brannagan & Arblaster are the 2 i would go out and get as well...

6 hours ago, valakari said:

Brannagan & Arblaster are the 2 i would go out and get as well...

Brannagan would cost £1 million as an absolute minimum. Considering we've had to borrow 300k out the loan plot to buy Blackett-Taylor. I'd say that's unlikely.

Wilder has said they've already turned down championship loan offers for Arblaster 

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Brannagan would cost £1 million as an absolute minimum. Considering we've had to borrow 300k out the loan plot to buy Blackett-Taylor. I'd say that's unlikely.

Wilder has said they've already turned down championship loan offers for Arblaster 

I meant in the summer...if we go up???

Warne confirms we're only signing one more player, a striker.

But then suggests some players don't want to be here so can leave for others to come in.

Moose: "Are there any more signings?"

Warne: "No, that's a good 50% of them I think"

Moose: "One more?"

Warne: "Yeah one more, I'm good at maths, yeah so one more one. We need another attacking player as out of the four strikers, we only have one fit...we just more some more up top....we need something else up there...after that it's the ins and the outs. If players want to leave and don't want to play a part, you can always shuffle the pack."

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

After the last couple of games it seems obvious we are not where we want to be yet as a team.

We still need further reinforcements.

Our away record on defence isn't something to boast about.

We are still not as good as the best teams in the division.

I'm not convinced we will be automatically promoted this season, the journey continues.

I'm concerned we might be loss making in this division, we are a business and that means we need the Championship to get more money.

Here's an article about promotion from league one to the championship ...

what is promotion from league 1 to the championship worth ...

"Promotion from League 1 to the Championship is worth a significant increase in revenue. League One teams receive a basic award of £732,000 and a solidarity payment of £675,000, totaling £1,407,000. In contrast, Championship clubs receive a basic £2.3 million plus a £4.5 million solidarity payment, totaling £6.7 million, nearly five times as much as a League One club[2]. Estimates suggest that the total revenue increase for promotion from League One to the Championship is around £8 million, linked to the Premier League TV deal[3]. Winning the Championship play-off final and earning promotion to the Premier League is understood to be worth hundreds of millions of pounds, as it provides access to the significant broadcast revenue and other financial benefits of the top division[5].

Citations:
[1] EFL League One play-offs - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_League_One_play-offs
[2] How much Championship promotion is worth to League One teams https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/league-one-promotion-championship-worth-1396662
[3] How much SAFC will gain following promotion to the Championship and what it could cost to be competitive https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/how-much-sunderland-will-gain-following-promotion-to-the-championship-and-what-it-could-cost-to-be-competitive-3705330
[4] How much is winning the League One play-off final worth to Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday? https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/how-much-is-winning-the-league-one-play-off-final-worth-to-barnsley-and-sheffield-wednesday-4159324
[5] Championship play-off final: How much is winning Premier League promotion decider worth? | Goal.com UK https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/championship-play-off-final-how-much-premier-league-promotion-decider-worth/17nz5miq9ytix1wkm1w5q2kozd

By Perplexity at https://www.perplexity.ai/search/c53f3622-6cab-435f-bad0-f06f40354df7?s=m"

I don’t want Warne signing any permanent players tbh. 

Even if by some miracle we get promoted playing this style of football we would need an entire new ball playing style to stay in the championship. Might aswell loan the players warne wants to get us promoted and then start again with a new progressive modern manager if we somehow go up. 

Edited by tombomb