January Reinforcements

sage

23 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Sheff Wed fans told us Mendez-Laing was crap.

Did they actually though? Or did they just say he'd been disappointing / poor when playing a wing back role which didn't suit him, while being critical of his defensive work (neither of which he's asked to do here).

Back to Moxon there was one post on that site which wasn't trying to attribute the poor form to things going on above him, but it's hard to know whether it was cutting through the s*** to find the truth or adding another unfounded theory.

The post suggested that Leaue One football was simply a step too far for him, that it's too quick for him.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

10 hours ago, Jubbs said:

If he did go to this game, I'd be interested if he's kept an eye on Conn-Clarke. Incredible player. Definitely one who's gonna go an EFL move very soon. 

Similarly with James Berry, he's destined for bigger & better things.  The lad can play

45 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Did they actually though? Or did they just say he'd been disappointing / poor when playing a wing back role which didn't suit him, while being critical of his defensive work (neither of which he's asked to do here).

Back to Moxon there was one post on that site which wasn't trying to attribute the poor form to things going on above him, but it's hard to know whether it was cutting through the s*** to find the truth or adding another unfounded theory.

The post suggested that Leaue One football was simply a step too far for him, that it's too quick for him.

I can see Hillsborough from my house.

Most my Wednesday friends say he tired too quickly, ran hot and cold, dropped off at the end of the season. There was never a question he could play well, just for how long during a game/season.

They also only think we're doing well because league one is so poor this season. I said it's a good job they'll improve it next season when they go down.

38 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Similarly with James Berry, he's destined for bigger & better things.  The lad can play

It was definitely a turning point when he came on to replace Dobra last night and his goal was class. They signed him from Macclesfield so there are some rough diamonds out there to be found

2 hours ago, chezzyram said:

It was definitely a turning point when he came on to replace Dobra last night and his goal was class. They signed him from Macclesfield so there are some rough diamonds out there to be found

I watched him at Macclesfield last season and he was the best player on the pitch, by miles.  Surprised someone higher up didn't go in for him...