January Reinforcements

sage

45 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm somewhat apprehensive about today - I only see possible downsides.

We should win. But of course I've thought that before.

There’s potential banana skins every week, so I get those possible downsides. I typically look on the optimistic side and think if the lads react in the right way today we can get back on a good run with a solid away win. 

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s potential banana skins every week, so I get those possible downsides. I typically look on the optimistic side and think if the lads react in the right way today we can get back on a good run with a solid away win. 

The sun is shining and weather is sweet. We should trounce them. A team gunning for top 2 should be licking their lips at this game.

42 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The sun is shining and weather is sweet. We should trounce them. A team gunning for top 2 should be licking their lips at this game.

Let's hope NML  finds his dancing feet. To the rescue here he comes!

21 hours ago, Oldben said:

In Peterboroughs case its all about Ivan Toney, they receive 30% of the sell on fee. Assume that's 80 million or more.

Their owner confirmed on Twitter they have nowhere near 30% as a sell on fee. I think it’s closer to 10% but that’s still a massive payday potentially.

On 05/01/2024 at 19:03, Van der MoodHoover said:

They're googling to find all the stat websites 👍

One would hope they had their targets sorted before the window opened so any googling will have taken place last year. January deals are notoriously difficult. Personally, I don't expect anything, barring possibly an extension for JJ, until the last 10 days or so of the month.

Tough window for Warne now, the lads have given him a headache. I wouldn't touch the front line, maybe a pacey raw winger on loan to bring on last 20. Midfield we need a good CDM and a ball carrier can see one or two outgoings, Sibley maybe a loan. If we can pin down JJ and two in midfield I'd say that's a good window. 

With the club having one of the highest salary budgets in League one, is it the case that players must be released/loan ended/sold on, before more players can be brought in so that's no breach of financial fair play rules for league one clubs. 

We have a lot of players but how many of them are currently worth the salary levels we are paying given that the club has one of the largest, if not the largest salary budgets in League one.

I assume this effects January transfers

1 minute ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Burnley have recalled Michael Mellon from his loan spell at Morecambe (apparently to send him back out on loan to a team higher up the Football League)... one can hope!

I'd be happy if we signed him.image.thumb.png.fb7bea05c854670ceb8a02e8305c8d57.png

On 06/01/2024 at 10:35, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Thanks for putting the kiss 'o' Death on the fixture 

Don’t hold me to it obviously because I have no clue on how true/fake it is, but someone I know who is a chesterfield fan and knows a lot of people told me today that we have put in a bid for Dobra. Make of it what you will but it seems like there is definitely long term interest.

37 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Burnley have recalled Michael Mellon from his loan spell at Morecambe (apparently to send him back out on loan to a team higher up the Football League)... one can hope!

Probably joining Charlie Adam at Fleetwood, ex Burnley loan manager

Bit of a long shot but I wonder if Jack Diamond at Sunderland is someone we'd go in for. Seem to remember he tore us to shreds both times he played against us for Lincoln last season and he's got a bit of pace about him.

Admittedly he has been out for eight months for his rape trial, but now he's been found not guilty maybe he'll be determined to get his career going again.