January Reinforcements

sage

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Who's Eboseli? We certainly won't have a chance of signing our academy graduate, Festy Ebosele. He's played in every league game this season in Serie A, starting 12 out of the last 13 games (half time sub in the other)

What??????

Surely he’d prefer a freezing wet Tuesday night playing s******** Wycombe’s, than a nice top flight game in Udine followed by a trip Trieste?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Who's Eboseli? We certainly won't have a chance of signing our academy graduate, Festy Ebosele. He's played in every league game this season in Serie A, starting 12 out of the last 13 games (half time sub in the other)

Presumably the Italians all call him out for cheating, running that fast in Serie A 

On 15/12/2023 at 15:15, jimtastic56 said:

Agree. With things going better now, do we gamble on going up - and sign some players that can hold their own in the Championship? We got £2.7 mill for Knight , a steady Championship player. Could we afford to buy a Striker with some of that money?

That's we should have won.  Take a million off fella.

52 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If we can identify a player who can find pockets of space the way most teams set up against us at Pride Park he'll be quite a signing. 😄

Well, Ovie Ejaria has just left Reading by Mutual Consent. He would be perfect for this. Not sure if there's anything going on behind his release beyond Reading as a club, but other than that...

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

Well, Ovie Ejaria has just left Reading by Mutual Consent. He would be perfect for this. Not sure if there's anything going on behind his release beyond Reading as a club, but other than that...

That would be interesting. I'd also like to see JJ get a start v Lincoln if he's ready fitness-wise, because he ought to offer something in that respect.

Extend Nyambe's contract until the end of the season.

If the budget's there for a couple of permanents... Owen Moxon from Carlisle to bring some energy to midfield and Corey Blackett-Taylor at Charlton looked a handful on the wing.

A loanee to bring pace/depth to the wide areas... Mateusz Musialowski (Liverpool) and/or Luca Barrington (Brighton) have both looked decent in the odd u21 game I've watched this season.

A bit more of a "hold-up" centre-forward than we currently have... Michael Smith at Sheff Wed hasn't been playing much or (yes, I know he's 33) Andy Cook from Bradford plays that kind of way and was the L2 top scorer last season. Not saying either to start every week, but would give us something different!

30 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Extend Nyambe's contract until the end of the season.

If the budget's there for a couple of permanents... Owen Moxon from Carlisle to bring some energy to midfield and Corey Blackett-Taylor at Charlton looked a handful on the wing.

A loanee to bring pace/depth to the wide areas... Mateusz Musialowski (Liverpool) and/or Luca Barrington (Brighton) have both looked decent in the odd u21 game I've watched this season.

A bit more of a "hold-up" centre-forward than we currently have... Michael Smith at Sheff Wed hasn't been playing much or (yes, I know he's 33) Andy Cook from Bradford plays that kind of way and was the L2 top scorer last season. Not saying either to start every week, but would give us something different!

Think a tall striker is a no brainer, just some to aim the crosses at when struggling to break a team down.

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

That would be interesting. I'd also like to see JJ get a start v Lincoln if he's ready fitness-wise, because he ought to offer something in that respect.

He looks miles off starting. Even the 25 mins v Wycombe looked too long 

If we were to lose Bird, I wonder how cheap we could get Charlie Savage. It looks like Reading are going to need to sell in January and I think long term Savage is going to be a great player.

I would also sign a midfielder in the age bracket of 25-28 aswell to bolster our options with the bird money. As I said before my pick would be Crowley from notts county.

another few steals from reading would be one of or both of Harvey Knibbs and Sam Smith. Both which would improve our front 3 options. 

Edited by Eoghan1884