Derby County versus Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

S8TY

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Obviously much improved, well done Warne. 

Massive caveat - these are an absolutely horrendous side. Can’t remember a team this bad at pride park in some time. 

They are, however for those who can stomach listening to Warne he has spoken a number of times this season about wanting the midfielders to get forward beyond the striker to create and score goals. 
This isn’t a post looking to argue, just pointing out that this is evidence of the team delivering on what Warne has spoken about so many times, is this the intended nature of “Warneball” perhaps? 

Just now, Rample said:

Think you have to factor in the opposition. Most of the times we've looked better we've been made to look so by weak opponents. 

Also games like this Bird and Hourihane can strut their stuff and not have to do the grittier jobs. 

Can only beat what's in front of you though, and fair play to them, although we've fluffed a few attacks we've kept going. Let's hope it breeds confidence. 

Bird hattrick? 

We do not do well against physical teams who press us, this team is giving us all the time in the world to pass

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

They are definitely poor but we have struggled against poor sides in the past, this is a significantly better performance. 

Yes, nice to see us put them to the sword like this. Should be a more frequent occurrence given our squad, but this is a step in the right direction. 

The movement is ridiculous, it’s cut Northampton apart. The way we’re controlling the ball and upping the tempo when we choose to is 🤌💋.

I’m not going to get carried away as these lot look s****, let’s see it a bit more consistently and against sterner competition and I’ll be buying myself a bobble hat.

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Give me some Dajaune Brown Action at half time. Perfect opportunity to start integrating him 

4 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Might as well bring Brown on now.

I’m torn on this, want him to get some minutes and this looks a good opportunity, but I also want to see the likes of Washington boost his tally and confidence. Ideally he gets 2 more and Birdy grabs another in the next few mins then Brown comes on early second half