Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

Good first half without being spectacular. There’s an effort and determination that’s pleasing to see, using the ball well, fighting for second balls, defending solidly as a unit. Would like to see another goal early in the second half, “0-0 again” mentality and just keep pushing, then some subs to keep the pressure on, really put in a performance we can all get behind.

HT

Much better performance, just need to  create a few more clear cut chances to make the most of our possession.

Bird is playing really well, his movement is excellent.

Wags has made a big difference, he’s taking up gold positions and giving the midfield a target to play off.

The only areas of concern are our midfield has been very open on the few occasions Exeter have broken forward. Definitely missing Fornah’s mobility in there.

Also, Sibley has yet to get into the game. He looks very low on confidence, his movement and control have been poor. Hopefully he picks up soon.

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think I’m use to better football than this. It seems to be fits and starts. It’s probably the level we’re at but I want better.

There's some football played, and then we get it wide. 😄 Happy to see less of the booting it long from Cashin. Not sure what Wilson and Nyambe are doing. Has everyone else decided not to pass it to Sibley or Waggy through the middle?

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think I’m use to better football than this. It seems to be fits and starts. It’s probably the level we’re at but I want better.

Aye, not yet the best football we’ll ever witness, but better than it has been no? 
I appreciate it’s only one half of football too

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

HT

Much better performance, just need to  create a few more clear cut chances to make the most of our possession.

Bird is playing really well, his movement is excellent.

Wags has made a big difference, he’s taking up gold positions and giving the midfield a target to play off.

The only areas of concern are our midfield has been very open on the few occasions Exeter have broken forward. Definitely missing Fornah’s mobility in there.

Also, Sibley has yet to get into the game. He looks very low on confidence, his movement and control have been poor. Hopefully he picks up soon.

Agree it’s much better and Sibley is struggling with his passing and a couple of times slow to react 

It is better but still think there are too many loose long balls trying to force it but it’s a lot better than Shrewsbury 

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

OK. Let's put it another way, would you really expect any manager to throw the towel in this early? Wouldn't exactly look good on his CV.

Sorry, @Tamworthram, but my original post was in rely to @KnowledgeisPorridge who said that he thought PW might resign if things don't significantly improve as he was 'that kind of emotional guy'.

I replied that if he did resign I hoped it would be an amicable agreement between him and David Clowes as I think both are decent, honest and good people. If I gave the opinion that all this was imminent, I apologise. I was thinking of a worse case scenario.

I am still hoping that everything will come good this season. I certainly hope that things won't reach the throwing in the towel stage just yet.

Perhaps my post has been taken out of context or my meaning has been misunderstood.

Anyway, COYR!! 🐏

Case in point, Hourihane and Sibley could both potentially have tried a shot from the edge of the area but shift it on to NML instead who tries a cross/shot that is dealt with. 

NML and Hourihane in quick succession do both have shots from range. Neither brilliant but more of that intent please lads!