Pro Warne

Jram

38 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Nigel Clough to Stevie mac say no more

He is the only change I remember where it made a noticeable difference to our fortunes (I can remember back to around early 2000s). It says a lot that we’ve changed the manager probably 15 times in my memory and our fortunes never seem to change… if we still had Cocu as Manager, do you think we’d be any worse off than we were when he was in charge? 
Changing the Manager is not the panacea people think it is (I am aware some changes were beyond our control)

9 minutes ago, Jram said:

He is the only change I remember where it made a noticeable difference to our fortunes (I can remember back to around early 2000s). It says a lot that we’ve changed the manager probably 15 times in my memory and our fortunes never seem to change… if we still had Cocu as Manager, do you think we’d be any worse off than we were when he was in charge? 
Changing the Manager is not the panacea people think it is (I am aware some changes were beyond our control)

Even Cocu could get this squad playing football, on the floor not in the sky. 😄

9 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Nigel Clough to Stevie mac say no more

Better players though.. Say for example NC had not signed Martin…

A perspective I have is that A N Other manager will struggle the get this team to score goals due to personnel. The replacement manager will suddenly need to get Washington and Collins to not miss chances.

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

A perspective I have is that A N Other manager will struggle the get this team to score goals due to personnel. The replacement manager will suddenly need to get Washington and Collins to not miss chances.

Keep Collins away from any first team squad. That’s what any new manager needs to start with. 

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

What chances did we create for them yesterday? I think in the first half there was a coupl of half chances for Washy, that he might have created himself? Second half the aerial bombardment took hold and Collins didn't get anything? Not even Martin would have scored yesterday!

Unless there's a cunning pot of money under DC's mattress, PW and his staff are likely going nowhere;  this season at least. We've definitely got a top 6 squad, maybe even top 2 but not playing this style of football. Unless anything changes, it's mid table mediocrity for us. We look a bang average (at best) L1 team. 

PW is a decent bloke. The problem, I think, is he has a set of beliefs about how the game should be played, so deeply ingrained, he's unable to change. It's change we need. 

It's all very depressing. 

34 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Unless there's a cunning pot of money under DC's mattress, PW and his staff are likely going nowhere;  this season at least. We've definitely got a top 6 squad, maybe even top 2 but not playing this style of football. Unless anything changes, it's mid table mediocrity for us. We look a bang average (at best) L1 team. 

PW is a decent bloke. The problem, I think, is he has a set of beliefs about how the game should be played, so deeply ingrained, he's unable to change. It's change we need. 

It's all very depressing. 

Is this top 2 or top 6 squad actually based on anything or just a feeling 🤔

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

The replacement manager will suddenly need to get Washington and Collins to not miss chances.

He'll need to get the rest of the team to create a greater number and wider variety of chances by being less predictable in our buildup play.

We create very little that truly worries an opposition or gives our strikers more chance of scoring than not.

You might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if he was building something to get behind

hes filled the squad with journeyman hoofball merchants who will leave in the next or so for nothing anyway

i can’t believe he hasn’t gone yet, very worrying

3 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Difference is stevie mac got goals from all the team warner trying and not succeeding! I'd give barkhuizen a chance up front 

4 minutes ago, Jram said:

The Anti-Warne posts shouldn’t really be posted on here. 

This thread is for all us Pro-Warners to dissect the game with calm and patience and retrospectively post smugly in three months when we’ve gone 15 unbeaten 

...and that's the problem

Going 15 unbeaten would be no reason for you to post smugly.

That's what some people did last season before ending up with egg on their faces.

Smugness should be saved for when we get promoted.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

...and that's the problem

Going 15 unbeaten would be no reason for you to post smugly.

That's what some people did last season before ending up with egg on their faces.

Smugness should be saved for when we get promoted.

I was only kidding. In all honesty, I dont particularly love Warne- his obvious dislike for academy players is a particular gripe of mine

I think he’s fine though and, given time, we’ll improve. Football isn’t that complicated and a new manager will probably do no better in the medium term (unless the players are completely rebelling)

As I said, possibly on another thread, what managerial changes have actually improved us in the last twenty years? Maybe McLaren. In my opinion, shows the fallacy of changing the manager at all really 

22 minutes ago, Jram said:

I was only kidding. In all honesty, I dont particularly love Warne- his obvious dislike for academy players is a particular gripe of mine

I think he’s fine though and, given time, we’ll improve. Football isn’t that complicated and a new manager will probably do no better in the medium term (unless the players are completely rebelling)

As I said, possibly on another thread, what managerial changes have actually improved us in the last twenty years? Maybe McLaren. In my opinion, shows the fallacy of changing the manager at all really 

Thought you may have been tbh. I'm super-serous all the time though and don't understand jokes.

I'm left in no doubt that football isn't that complicated, we get told often enough 😃! It might be a little more complicated than some think, though, or else... why all the coaching? Football does move with the times.

I do actually agree on the medium term, I'm not particularly enamoured by most of the suggestions - would prefer a young coach with an excellent reputation but that does represent a big risk. The truth is I have no answer for who should replace Warne or how we pay him off if it comes to that.

Honestly the medium term doesn't concern me nearly as much as the long term.

We may make a change and not see immediate improvement, but I'm OK with that.

I'd even be OK with us letting Warne loose, him joining another League One club and taking them to promotion at our immediate expense. I'd be happy he found a club that suited him, but I'd feel safe in believing we'd soon pass him on his way back down, with us having a healthier long-term plan in place.

I can't speak for others though!

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Thought you may have been tbh. I'm super-serous all the time though and don't understand jokes.

I'm left in no doubt that football isn't that complicated, we get told often enough 😃! It might be a little more complicated than some think, though, or else... why all the coaching? Football does move with the times.

I do actually agree on the medium term, I'm not particularly enamoured by most of the suggestions - would prefer a young coach with an excellent reputation but that does represent a big risk. The truth is I have no answer for who should replace Warne or how we pay him off if it comes to that.

Honestly the medium term doesn't concern me nearly as much as the long term.

We may make a change and not see immediate improvement, but I'm OK with that.

I'd even be OK with us letting Warne loose, him joining another League One club and taking them to promotion at our immediate expense. I'd be happy he found a club that suited him, but I'd feel safe in believing we'd soon pass him on his way back down, with us having a healthier long-term plan in place.

I can't speak for others though!

But we made a change to Warne and haven’t seen an immediate improvement and everyone is calling for his head? What makes you so convinced Warne can’t be the man for the long term? 

I dunno, it just seems a shame to me to change so quickly when I highly doubt a managerial change will make any difference (we may start to win games but i think we will under Warne anyway)

1 hour ago, Jram said:

But we made a change to Warne and haven’t seen an immediate improvement and everyone is calling for his head? What makes you so convinced Warne can’t be the man for the long term? 

I dunno, it just seems a shame to me to change so quickly when I highly doubt a managerial change will make any difference (we may start to win games but i think we will under Warne anyway)

Nah mate. He's lost the dressing room and the fan base. 

Don't expect the players to bust a gut.

A decent, open and honest guy but dcfc us too big for him

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Did you watch yesterdays game? Did you see the post match interview with the 'sullen teen in a hoodie'? He's burning his bridges setting up an 'us and them' scenario. Where the 'them' includes the fans and players and 'us' being Warne and his cronies.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you watch yesterdays game? Did you see the post match interview with the 'sullen teen in a hoodie'? He's burning his bridges setting up an 'us and them' scenario. Where the 'them' includes the fans and players and 'us' being Warne and his cronies.

BT says there has been an emergency meeting today and thinks change is on the way 😉