Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, sage said:

Rang them and I'm now picking them up at Shrewsbury. 

We only just made the A38 from Belper. Going ok now.

Some crazy sights either side of the Derwent 

Enjoy , I envy you , seems like a lifetime this gap of home games on a Saturday ( can’t get there midweek) ,oh and make sure we bloody win today

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just skimmed through this thread and haven't seen any mention that Shrewsbury are the second lowest goalscorers in League 1, you can guess without much difficulty whom the lowest are ...

Cue they put about 3 past us this afternoon 😂

warne will be well aware of their threat up front,and adjust to suit,pack the defence and miss out the midfield

1 minute ago, Yoxoram said:

I forecast Sibley to be a starter but probably out wide.

You called it.

Wildsmith

Nyambe                    Nelson                          Cashin                     Forsyth

Smith                            Fornah

Barkhuizen                                  Bird                                           Sibley

Collins

(Probably)

On 18/10/2023 at 21:24, DCFC1388 said:

Looking at the training footage it doesnt look like TJJ or Waghorn are back training yet.

I think NML coming back late from international duty makes it easy for Warne to stick with Sibley on the right. I know most want him in the 10 but he got both goals vs Notts when playing on the right.

Therefore I think we will line up as follows in a 4231 - 

Wildsmith - Nyambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth - Fornah Smith - Sibley Bird Barkhuizen - Collins

Vickers Bradley Wilson Hourihane Ward NML Washington

Very good line up & a strong bench for all positions there, thats not including Elder, TJJ & Waggy - Warne should have some decent options in the next couple of weeks.

Personally, I think we're going to hit our stride & form after this international break. We have started to play some decent stuff at times, 7 unbeaten anyway plus almost a fully fit squad with plenty of options, not a bad stretch of games until Christmas either - would not be shocked if we remained unbeaten until then. 

Same line up as I predicted, Waggt on the bench over Ward

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So there is a chance he starts….and he does, probably on the right of the 3 behind Collins

Surely left though - Barkhuizen on the right where he might get some decent crosses in; Sibley on the left as he's a leftie (?)

Just now, Malty said:

Looks v much like sibbers is playing on the left side of a front 3.

My guess is a 4-2-3-1;

Wildsmith

Nyambe.  Nelson.  Cashin.  Forsyth

Fornah     Smith

Sibley          Bird        Barkhuizen 

Collins