Beckham Documentary on Netflix

Day

Anyone watched it?

Nothing overly revealing other than he's a clean freak and that affair, which there was no denial or confession, leaves you in no doubt he is guilty.

It's kinda interesting though, the insight and contains a lot of private footage, which he admits on Stick to Football on YouTube had planned to do a long time ago, hence the footage.

A lot of old teammates/managers feature to give him glowing references as you would expect.

4 episodes, around 4 hours long if you have nowt to watch it's worth a go.

4 being the number it also took in years to sign Messi at Inter Miami.

10 hours ago, David said:

Anyone watched it?

Nothing overly revealing other than he's a clean freak and that affair, which there was no denial or confession, leaves you in no doubt he is guilty.

It's kinda interesting though, the insight and contains a lot of private footage, which he admits on Stick to Football on YouTube had planned to do a long time ago, hence the footage.

A lot of old teammates/managers feature to give him glowing references as you would expect.

Not yet, but will probably give it a go.

56 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I saw a clip of his missus claiming to be from a working class background, and David pushing her to answer "what car did your dad drive you to school in?" "it's not that simple, Er, Er". 

It's Rolls Royce. 

Here's the clip for anyone that hasn't seen. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyAp145ouH_/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

She was not getting away with that one 😅

7 hours ago, David said:

Here's the clip for anyone that hasn't seen. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyAp145ouH_/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

She was not getting away with that one 😅

I preferred David gowers line on "They think it's all over" when they started going out.

"So you call that posh, do you?" ....though the car hadn't been mentioned up to that point.....

On 05/10/2023 at 01:21, David said:

Anyone watched it?

The bits I enjoyed were the clips of league tables consistently showing Derby in the top 8 places of the table.  We were 5th in the Arsenal documentary I watched the other week and the clips of Franny Lee I've seen we were champions .  70's, 80,s and 90's.

We should forget all that though based on one crap season and accept that Bournemouths parachute payments and Brentford having a few good transfer windows means the football tides have turned forever.

Nah

Watching the whole documentary was quite informative and interesting when it was about the football rather than the Beckham branding, I didn't realise half of the issues he had at Real Madrid and LA Galaxy, particularly his issues with Capello binning him off at first news of his move to America, then trying to pusuade him to stay at Madrid once he realised Beckham was a grafter and never gave up on his teammates. He does seem a normal family guy who has marketed himself very well over the years. I can see why Ferguson binned him off at Man Utd though once the fame was getting out of control.

They tried to humanise Posh Spice, however the documentary confirmed what I think many people think of her. A spoilt brat who has milked every piece of her fame and she was the one who started the whole media circus in the first place. Look how they've twisted my words in this article.... oh you mean the article you wanted to print out and make money from. Definitely feels like having a good ol mate who's stuck with an awful partner and can't get out of their situation.

Watched the first episode last night and found it fascinating. I only really remember him from 2006 onwards, when Brand Beckham had long been established. It was really interesting to see how "celebrity" was something that was he was targeting from very early on. He was a proper rockstar!

My first memory of Beckham was that goal against Wimbledon from the halfway line. He was going to be a superstar regardless, but that goal seemed to shoot him to stardom almost overnight.

Its funny how goals do that.

You think of Michael Owen against Argentina. Rooney’s goal against Arsenal. Messi’s Maradona goal. They were all going to be superstars anyway but that one goal in their youth seemed to propel them overnight.

Edited by Bris Vegas

On 05/10/2023 at 01:21, David said:

Anyone watched it?

Yep and I enjoyed it where I didn’t think I would ,, hoddle😡 and what a terrible way the lad was treated after the sending off , made me quite sad and gives you a nudge if you have any decency that although we love football ( often like life itself ) those playing and managing are just people , maybe a few Warne destroyer s on here could do well to remember that🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Yep and I enjoyed it where I didn’t think I would ,, hoddle😡 and what a terrible way the lad was treated after the sending off , made me quite sad and gives you a nudge if you have any decency that although we love football ( often like life itself ) those playing and managing are just people , maybe a few Warne destroyer s on here could do well to remember that🤷🏻‍♂️

To think that was pre social media as well. Crazy really.