Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, vonwright said:

There will be people saying 'don't overreact', 'it's just one game', 'needs more time' if (more likely when) we are still in this position in January. Or April. Or next January come to that.

I'd love things to come good, but the idea that doubts about Warne are 'knee-jerk' with all the evidence we now have are ridiculous.

Knee jerk doesn’t describe peoples feelings after 13 months surely??

9 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

1 defeat in 9 

Tremendous support 😂😂

Aye look at the paying fans, wanting to see derby play some good football in the 3rd division of English football. Such entitlement 

Just now, Marriot Ram99 said:

He is a good player for this league, needs players around him as he hasn't got pace or agility but with service and not playing with Collins he is above this level.

Would you play him up top in place of Collins as others have suggested?

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Here we go!!! Our toxic fan base out in force. I normally credit the away fans who follow them everywhere, amazing support and dedication which I just can’t do due to family and justifying the expense to my wife. However if there has been toxicity towards Warne today then the culprits should hang their heads in shame. You’ve been treated to 4 wins in 6 away games!! An amazing performance against Blackpool. 4 points from this week is a good return, the other way around winning today and drawing against Blackpool and everyone would be happy. 

First half wasn’t good enough, second half we created the chances to win but didn’t take them. Decent performance and no coincidence Bird was at the heart of it, the manager said afterwards he’s managing him carefully, it would be a disaster to lose him to injury again. 

Home games are the problem not today. We were s**** against Carlisle and won 2-0, we were better today and drew. Cheltenham have been creating chances not taking them. It was inevitable it would be us but we still should’ve won the game. Frustrating yes, but doesnt warrant the gargantuan overreaction from those who to be Frank, are waiting for anything fitting their narrative to pounce.

im not a Warne defender, just seeking balance. 

Bang f****** on mate

i said when we came out of admin that it wouldnt take long for the derby county entitlement brigade to forget where we were 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Something that allows to exert some control over a game as opposed to the kind of kick and rush dirge we are getting served. 

We had 62% possession today, away from home. 

When you say you're seeing kick and rush can you give a few examples of that today, as I don't remember hardly any long aimless balls.

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

??? Bit of silly question mate

Managers are like politicians , in it for the now .. theyre the ones that get judged for the moment .

if warne had fees available to him to recruit better he or any other manager would have used them .. fact

u think he signed free bs just for a good laugh ?? Really?  .. cmon mate ur better than that 

Freebies aren't freebies, they want signing on fees and decent wages. That was his choice rather than pay fees for whoever that option was. How cheap do you think Bradley was mate?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You've backed the wrong horse. We won at Blackpool so no-one was allowed to say how poor we were first half, and how we did well on the break 2nd half but didn't dominate or play that well really.

Sorry, but did you read the match thread for Carlisle away?

People didn’t care that we won. They were ripping the performance to shreds.

If people thought we played poorly v Blackpool, no doubt there would have been a willingness to say so.

People were happy because we created chances and scored three goals and that could have been more.

Expecting this group of players to deliver that game after game after game is overestimating their ability.

The attack are going to have days where they miss chances. The defence are going to have days where they switch off and concede sloppy goals.

This is their level. We have to take the rough with the smooth.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Sorry, but did you read the match thread for Carlisle away?

People didn’t care that we won. They were ripping the performance to shreds.

If people thought we played poorly v Blackpool, no doubt there would have been a willingness to say so.

People were happy because we created chances and scored three goals and that could have been more.

Expecting this group of players to deliver that game after game after game is overestimating their ability.

The attack are going to have days where they miss chances. The defence are going to have days where they switch off and concede sloppy goals.

This is their level. We have to take the rough with the smooth.

spot on

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Bang f****** on mate

i said when we came out of admin that it wouldnt take long for the derby county entitlement brigade to forget where we were 

I'd argue that it hasn't taken long for a lot of fans to lower their expectations too far too quickly to be honest.

We should be the biggest fish in this pond but we're acting like minnows.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

3 or 4 maybe over a 90 minute period?

Think cash had at least that many himself and barely any of Forsyths forward passes were successful.  Just thought out passing was off today and we should've looked much more in control against a really poor side.

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Expecting this group of players to deliver that game after game after game is overestimating their ability...This is their level. We have to take the rough with the smooth.

Lol. This is their level? That you Paul?

The back four and keeper are easily Championship standard. The midfield too. We're a bit iffy up front in the striker department. But this squad has the ability to play well in the Championship, but most of them won't be there with Warne that is true.

Edited by RoyMac5

Really thought after the Blackpool game we would confidently go and get 3 points at Cheltenham. 
Every time I get my hopes up they come crashing down.

I knew Cheltenham would scored as per my pre-match score prediction but thought we would have more than enough to beat a bottom of the table side low on confidence. 

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

Think cash had at least that many himself and barely any of Forsyths forward passes were successful.  Just thought out passing was off today and we should've looked much more in control against a really poor side.

Agree that Forsyth has spells where he aimlessly hits the ball forward, he has had them long before Warne arrived.

Cashin does tend to play the long diagonal quite alot but I certainly dont see that as an aimless punt. 

18 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I didn't think we had much control.  Aside from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half when Bird ran the show I thought we were poor on the ball.  Too many long punts from the back and overhit passes / crosses.

This is happening far too much and drives me mad. The players must be playing to orders. It's awful. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Freebies aren't freebies, they want signing on fees and decent wages. That was his choice rather than pay fees for whoever that option was. How cheap do you think Bradley was 

non of us know the answer to this so its pretty hypothetical isnt it

Maybe he choose this pathway but that in itself highlights how limited we have been 

imagine paying a transfer fee AND said signing on fees and decent wages ?? 

remember years gone by ? 

38 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Sibley was a raw lad when he came through but always had a rash streak which ended in red cards so managers lacked trust . He has settled down this last year, plays well out on the left but in no way is he either a starter nor a no 10. 

Yes, loads of red cards. 1 to be exact. That was rescinded as the West Brom defender was a cheat.