Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, vonwright said:

We desperately need more creativity through the middle. We didn't have that much last season - and we had McGoldrick then. We have Sibley but I'm not sure he's the answer and Warne seems to think he definitely isn't he answer.

Think we've put all our eggs in the crossing basket, but we aren't that great at crossing and it does make us a bit predictable.

Warne doesn't want creativity through the middle, he makes that very clear with his team selections. Might as well put up a neon sign that says "Play centre halves that will dominate in the air for a free point at Pride Park".

19 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

If we draw this, I will be fuming. We cannot score goals. Serious attacking players need to be brought in January if we want to go up

It's no surprise from this selection. Yet again, at home in League One, Warne has picked 7 defensive players and 4 attacking players. None of those 4 attackers are very creative or good finishers. We need to have a better balance of attack vs defence on the pitch. Even Warne says Sibley is the best finisher at the club, but then drops him. When Sibbs does play he's almost always out of position on the left wing. And he's also the best set piece taker at the club.

My point is we don't have to bring attacking players in in January. We have to set up better, and play the better goalscorers that we have. In their best positions! Brown also deserves his chance from his U21 performances (and goals!!).

Edited by Carl Sagan