Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I go to pretty much all weekend games. Living in London midweek games are rarely feasible so I watch on RamsTV. 

My support of a manager is dependent on results / style of play - my support of Derby County is not. I will be there whatever, just as I was during administration. That is, unfortunately, the price of loving a football club.

It is indeed sadly but the good times are extra good. They seem a long way off just now

Edited by CBRammette

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not going to stop supporting my team because of the manager. No matter what I think of the football, I’ll be there to cheer them on. 

I come on here to say what I thought about the performance. That’s the point of a forum. I’m not trying to achieve anything, just positing my opinion. If you don’t like it, put me on ignore and create an echo chamber.

As long as you are cheering them on and just venting frustrations on here then fair point!

All i have noticed is frequent negativity from you which cant be healthy and personally it's draining to read

Therefore, (despite never muting anyone) i will take you up on your kind offer.

Enjoy life... up the rams

Sheriff

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.thumb.png.b29f15251b2dd2bda80676c4b11f4796.png

Can't say I saw 55 minutes of superiority at all. We might have been more in the game though.

From minute 20 to 75 they were the better team, IMO. You obviously think differently based on the stats. We had a good opening 20 and last 15. That's 35. 90 minus 35 = 55. I think my stats reflect the game better than the ones you quote. I explained mine with words to the effect that we defended well preventing them from many scoring opportunities. Your cut and paste has no context...

18 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

From minute 20 to 75 they were the better team, IMO. You obviously think differently based on the stats. We had a good opening 20 and last 15. That's 35. 90 minus 35 = 55. I think my stats reflect the game better than the ones you quote. I explained mine with words to the effect that we defended well preventing them from many scoring opportunities. Your cut and paste has no context...

I watched the game, I thought we 'might have been in the game more' and didn't see much to suggest 'superiority' over an average league 1 team. That's enough context for what was mostly a dull game from us - imho of course.

Edited by RoyMac5

It wasn’t the most entertaining of games, we seemed to struggle after we went a goal up and if they had a bit more quality they very well could have made it more of a contest. Over the 90 they were the better side but a win is a win.

We managed an away win whilst not playing great which I suppose is a skill in itself. I don’t think it’s the players that are making us look bad right now, more the instructions they’re being given, which isn’t getting the best out of them. This squad is capable of more and that’s what I’m finding frustrating.

Edited by 8Leeds

Pinched from the Carlisle forum.

Fourth highest attendance in league one. Would have been third highest, if they had sold out the waterworks to Derby. Whoever is making the commercial decisions at Brunton Park needs to find another job.

seeing how many home supporters where in there it did seem a strange decision

On 24/09/2023 at 08:56, Curtains said:

He has had injuries to deal with why can’t you just give Warne time .

I get you don’t like the style of Football but sometimes needs must .

We ain’t going to be Real Madrid every week we need to grind out results .

That’s a very valid point. Our injury list is pretty grim. It can’t be easy drilling a team when suddenly you lose the likes of Ward and Bird, Hourihan and  Thompson .. and then the moans are midfield is “being bypassed” well yes but there are logical reasons.

There are elements of Warne’s style that grate .. this flipping back to 3 defenders plus wing backs at a certain point in the game seems so unnecessary especially when the fit wingbacks aren’t really right for that set up. And we have seemed brighter when we have 4 at the back and winger / full back over lap. He can still have his crosses in the box with that set up so I remain bemused why he keeps switching back. 

lots talking about hoof ball and lump it but although I see it from time to time I doubt it is part of his mantra .. yes, get the ball in the danger area and percentages will play a part in this league (as Garaham Taylor proved )  but I am sure Warne isn’t promoting it as a total ethos.

I am going with the flow. Long way to go, 6 points off the top is it ? 

My biggest grump is why are we so inconsistent in spirit .. regardless of results, one week we look on it the next week we look lost. Is that formation, wrong training or just moody blokes ? 

4 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from the Carlisle forum.

Fourth highest attendance in league one. Would have been third highest, if they had sold out the waterworks to Derby. Whoever is making the commercial decisions at Brunton Park needs to find another job.

seeing how many home supporters where in there it did seem a strange decision

There were at least 300 empty seats that were not made available to us in the section allocated to us. Several of us moved into the empty area because there we could sit down and watch the game in comfort. If Carlisle had given us those seats there would still have been a more than adequate sterile area between us and the home fans. Carlisle have debts of £2.5m and shouldn't really be throwing potential income away like that. It's exactly the opposite to Accrington who twice welcomed us with open arms to fill their ground - even though their grumpy manager perpetually moans about us beating them 😆.

17 minutes ago, jono said:

That’s a very valid point. Our injury list is pretty grim. It can’t be easy drilling a team when suddenly you lose the likes of Ward and Bird, Hourihan and  Thompson .. and then the moans are midfield is “being bypassed” well yes but there are logical reasons.

There are elements of Warne’s style that grate .. this flipping back to 3 defenders plus wing backs at a certain point in the game seems so unnecessary especially when the fit wingbacks aren’t really right for that set up. And we have seemed brighter when we have 4 at the back and winger / full back over lap. He can still have his crosses in the box with that set up so I remain bemused why he keeps switching back. 

lots talking about hoof ball and lump it but although I see it from time to time I doubt it is part of his mantra .. yes, get the ball in the danger area and percentages will play a part in this league (as Garaham Taylor proved )  but I am sure Warne isn’t promoting it as a total ethos.

I am going with the flow. Long way to go, 6 points off the top is it ? 

My biggest grump is why are we so inconsistent in spirit .. regardless of results, one week we look on it the next week we look lost. Is that formation, wrong training or just moody blokes ? 

I think the season starts now as injuries start to clear up .

Ive been to loads of away matches over the years when we have been massively underperforming like Barnsley away under Stevie Mac and have gone 3-0 down with good players and had to fight back .

Away games are very unpredictable and often difficult so a clean sheet is vital .

The football in this Division is not pretty and I mean I watched us at Bolton and they tried to knock it around but did nothing with it when we had 10 men .

Warne want s to be more effective in the right areas ie The Box .

Rosenior played what you would call possession football and I liked it but the fans at Derby got irritated with it and Lincoln away the fans got really irritated.

Rosenior is doing well in the Championship with that type of Rooney Football and good luck to him .

Clowes has gone for Warnes experience in Div 1 and it could work if the fans remain patient and I hear “well we won’t stay up with Warne”well he’ll have more money then to give it a go .

I can’t see the point in moaning about style of Football at this stage in the season as we have had injuries but like I say the season starts now for me with us in a challenging position 

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

They weren’t that good when they came to Derby lol 😂 

Charlie put paid to that .

His best goal against them though was in the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium.

Shame we got knocked out 

I was in the Bernabeu that night. Charlie says that his biggest claim to fame in football is that he's the guy who scored four against Real Madrid and ended up on the losing side.

But come on David, we've moved on from those days. We're not like Forest, we don't live in the past 😂.

7 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I was in the Bernabeu that night. Charlie says that his biggest claim to fame in football is that he's the guy who scored four against Real Madrid and ended up on the losing side.

But come on David, we've moved on from those days. We're not like Forest, we don't live in the past 😂.

Charlie did score the winner in the Cup Final at Wembley and lay on the grass spread eagled for the Gunners though. Oh hang on it’s back to the future 😂  

Baring in mind I was very critical after the Portsmouth game, after a few days of reflection Saturdays performance was nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Even after rewatching the highlights package, we had all the best chances in the game. Granted they hit the woodwork twice but one was a howler from our keeper and the second Collins lost the ball sloppily and it resulted in a chance for them. Cashins header inside the 6 yard box was a far better chance than either of them and should have resulted in another goal. 

The pass accuracy stats seems to be the latest niche stat to beat the management team with. 4 days earlier we completed 600+ passes yet on Saturday we were struggling to kick a ball 5 yards to a team mate without it going astray. Is that the fault of the manager or inconsistencies of players playing in the 3rd tier of English football? 

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Clowes has gone for Warnes experience in Div 1 and it could work if the fans remain patient and I hear “well we won’t stay up with Warne”well he’ll have more money then to give it a go .

I can’t see the point in moaning about style of Football at this stage in the season as we have had injuries but like I say the season starts now for me with us in a challenging position 

We've had an underwhelming start to the season but if we win our game in hand we'll still be in the play-offs.

Any sort of run between now and Christmas and we'll be right up there heading into the January transfer window - an attractive proposition for players and unlike last year with a bit of cash to burn.

I'm quietly confident this could yet be a good season.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Baring in mind I was very critical after the Portsmouth game, after a few days of reflection Saturdays performance was nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Even after rewatching the highlights package, we had all the best chances in the game. Granted they hit the woodwork twice but one was a howler from our keeper and the second Collins lost the ball sloppily and it resulted in a chance for them. Cashins header inside the 6 yard box was a far better chance than either of them and should have resulted in another goal. 

The pass accuracy stats seems to be the latest niche stat to beat the management team with. 4 days earlier we completed 600+ passes yet on Saturday we were struggling to kick a ball 5 yards to a team mate without it going astray. Is that the fault of the manager or inconsistencies of players playing in the 3rd tier of English football? 

Did you watch the whole game? or just seen the highlights package? Was it the DCFC highlights package?

55 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

You can't say one of their best chances was down to a howler from our keeper when our penalty was a howler by their keeper.

Edited by RoyMac5