Graham Poll

Day

A magnificent performance in that playoff final. And at the longed-for final whistle, he raised his arms to the heavens knowing his race was run.

Since then he's made interesting comments about the bribery and intimidation facing referees. Which I am forced to reflect on when I see so many baffling decisions against us. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Wasn’t his statement along the lines of Poll “running around the pitch with a stupid grin all over his face and not a clue what was happening all around him”?

Heady days!

I think it was Ian Hall com-commentating who said “Graham Poll thinks he’s the best referee in England, he isn’t even the best referee in Tring”.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

Surprised Graham Richards name hasn't been mentioned before now 

I was listening live to radio derby the day he made the "he went down like the world trade centre!" remark (think it was against Everton, but I could be completely wrong on that) and I utterly ended myself laughing before thinking "oh god, he's getting sacked isn't he?"

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was listening live to radio derby the day he made the "he went down like the world trade centre!" remark (think it was against Everton, but I could be completely wrong on that) and I utterly ended myself laughing before thinking "oh god, he's getting sacked isn't he?"

I know nothing of this. What happened?

6 hours ago, David said:

Last time he took control of a game was the play of final between Derby and WBA in 2007. Crazy how time flies.

Fun fact for you all, Graham Poll's full name is, Graham Poll. He doesn't have a middle name. 

Did anyone like Graham?

I liked him when Koumas went over like he'd been shot following a perfect Mears tackle in that final and he spotted it